How do we Despose of a Wornout Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eva1218

I keep a cover over mine and only use it when necessary. When a Bible I use gets worn out I purchase another Bible and transfer only the notes I need such as those I have not remembered and when I need to research I have my other Bibles in covers that I use.

Blessings!!!!!!!

A

atwhatcost

I'm a huge fan of the Torah scrolls (our church has a very old and special one), but I'm not a fan of elevating it as anything more than a very special and important symbol. It definitely shouldn't be elevated to the point of worshiping it.
My mother's family passes along favorite stuff until it becomes "an antique." I own my great-grandmother's first anniversary present from her hubby -- her writing desk. It's not worshiped. (It used to be my writing desk growing up and even when we were first married, but now there's no good space for it, so it's not used anymore.) It's treasured.

My father never truly understood antiques or heirlooms. My absolute favorite treasures -- the things I wanted most when I grew up -- were some of the books. One was a complete history of the US, but the most modern piece of history in that book was the Monroe Doctrine. Another book was made out of wood from Israel and had many of the flowers found around Jerusalem. Not pictures of the flowers -- actual dried flowers. Dad never delved into any of the books Mom had around. Because of that, when he divorced his second wife and she got the house, he went back and threw out almost everything in the attic, including those books. (I didn't know until nine months later when he gave me back my doll/my mother's doll in bad condition.) Treasures. True treasures. Not worshiped, but, whoa! Cool that your church has an old scroll. That is still special. (Probably older than the Monroe Doctrine too. lol)

O

oldthennew

'family-heirlooms' can cause many a 'discension' among 'family members...an 'age-old CURSE'....

I say this, because of 'first-hand' knowledge - albeit, 'seems that people always 'desire' something that
never belonged to them in the 'first-place', and will put absolutely EVERYTHING on the LINE to GET
what they BELIEVE, BELONGS TO THEM!!!

may we seek Godly Things, and not Wordly!! for at some point, we just HAVE to SEE the DIFFERENCE......

T

Tinuviel

you are supposed to either do a ceremonial burning or burying.

J

JesusistheChrist

My grandson asked me this question today. I had no answer for it.
My Bible looks like it barely survived the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I've been using the same one for 27 years and if I sneezed around it, then it would probably disintegrate. Like dcon, I'm not ready to give it up not only because of the notes which I've handwritten within it, but also because of my familiarity with it. I've become so accustomed to it and I've actually kissed it on more than one occasion. Is that weird? Whatever. I love God and His Word. Without Him and it, I'd be one lost hombre...that's for sure.