How do we know Jesus loves us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Amjet10

I need verses with proof that Jesus loves us as deeply as people say he does.

Jun 5, 2012
As with everything in the bible there is no 'proof' for anything as it is down to interpretation. But I am sure there are some verses that are usually interpreted as the love of Jesus.

R

River_W

John 3:16
John 15:9-13
Matthew 10:29-31
Romans 5:8
Romans 8:37-39

These are the ones that I thought of first, but as LordyBee mentioned, interpretation of Scripture varies from person to person. However, I am convinced that God loves each one of us dearly, and the Love of God is perfectly portrayed in Jesus Christ. That's what makes these passages "proof" enough for me.

In Christ,
River

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
River's first two verses are together what I was going to say, Amjet. Jesus gave His life for us willingly, and there's no greater love than that. While we were YET SINNERS, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8; another of River's verses :)). It might help to look up each of the verses one at a time, Amjet. A search engine is great, or even look them up in your paper Bible :). Please ask if you have any other questions. I'm curious if you feel bad and are wondering if God cares. Is the trouble something like that?

Sep 10, 2012
John 3:18 throws a lot more light on the topic...He that believes in Him is not condemned but he that believes not is condemned already...what does it mean to be condemned..it means to be under God's eternal anger and be spending eternity in hell...does God send those He loves to hell...He sends deserving sinners thare who have not turned to God in love through Jesus and turned from their sins...but because of His great love that He has given us through His son and shown us in ALL His Word..the bible is really many love letters from God...God does not want anyone to remain in their sins and be going to hell...make sure you have turned to God in love through Jesus and turned from your sins so that you are not one of the people going to hell

O

onoma

Eph. 2:41-7 And YOU hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past YE walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also WE all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But GOD, Who is rich in mercy, for His great LOVE wherewith He LOVED US, EVEN when WE were dead in SINS, hath quickened us together with Christ,( by grace YE ARE SAVED; ) And hath raised US up together, and made US sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of HIS grace in HIS kindness toward US through Christ Jesus.

Eph. 5:1,2. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath LOVED US, and hath GIVEN HIMSELF FOR US an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

11. Thess. 2:16. Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God even our Father, Which hath LOVED US, and hath guven US everlasting consolation and good hope through GRACE.

1 John 4:10,11. Herein is LOVE, not that WE loved God, but that HE LOVED US, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for OUR SINS. Beloved, if God so LOVED US, We ought also to Love one another.

J

JessW

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God’s Love Shown Through Jesus Christ

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.(my favorite)

Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God. who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—

1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
God Loves and Cares For Us

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”