How do you know....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweetpea20

How do you know when God has someone for you? Where do you look? I've been saved for almost 2 years now and I've dated man who were not saved but I had hope that maybe they would change. The bible says we can not be unequally yolked. Well here I am single and afraid that I will never date again or find God's match for me. I'd love to find him and one day get married and have a family all in God's timing of course but I feel stuck.... Any advice??

M

MissCris

It's probably a good idea to stop going into relationships expecting that the person will change. If you don't like something about a guy from the get-go, you definitely won't like it later on, and it's unfair to both of you to expect it to change just because you want it to.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
You ask Jesus to change your focus to Him, no matter how badly you want anything else.

I don't mean to sound the least bit dismissive, but that's the only advice that I can really give. I hope that it helps. :)

Feb 10, 2008
You ask Jesus to change your focus to Him, no matter how badly you want anything else.

I don't mean to sound the least bit dismissive, but that's the only advice that I can really give. I hope that it helps. :)
SweatPea,

This may sound simple, but it is anything but. It really IS powerful. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you peace, its one of the greatest gifts God can give. It won't be easy, but that's just the devil trying to destroy the beauty and peace of righteousness. You can persevere with God's help, and it is worth it!! :)

Praying for you.

P

Powemm

I have found I don't "need" someone .. I rather have a desire to " give " to someone ..
I told god to please prepare Me well .. I'm in no rush to run ahead of Him.. If someone has a desire to "share" instead of depend... you will know when that time comes . If the desire to share in an equal partnership with you isn't there .. Just gotta wait on god some more .. no biggie ..
Establish some friendships , come to know someone really well.. It's a more solid foundation to build upon ...something worth bringing into your future is worth it .. simply takes time, patience , as well as trust to build .. Deepen your relationship with God in that time as well.. It will only make "you " a stronger partner when it does happen ..
Blessings ..

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
How do you know when God has someone for you?

Matthew 11
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Have you asked God? If not, then do so. When you do or if you have, believe that it has been done for you, and you shall have it.

Where do you look?

Matthew 6
[SUP]33 [/SUP]But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Look from within the kingdom of God; the children of God. Seek what His will is for you; not for Him to provide what you think you want.

These things, if you do them, then you shall find what you desire.

I've been saved for almost 2 years now and I've dated man who were not saved but I had hope that maybe they would change. The bible says we can not be unequally yolked. Well here I am single and afraid that I will never date again or find God's match for me. I'd love to find him and one day get married and have a family all in God's timing of course but I feel stuck.... Any advice??
Grace and peace be to you through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

U

Ugly

How do you know when God has someone for you? Where do you look? I've been saved for almost 2 years now and I've dated man who were not saved but I had hope that maybe they would change. The bible says we can not be unequally yolked. Well here I am single and afraid that I will never date again or find God's match for me. I'd love to find him and one day get married and have a family all in God's timing of course but I feel stuck.... Any advice??
One thing i've learned is the destructive power of wanting so badly to be in a relationship/married. So many years of my life were wasted by fretting over not being married. God did not put us on this planet with an emphasis on marriage. Sure, its a good thing, if it can happen, but it is NOT our priority, or rather should not be. And the more you think about it, the worse you'll feel, the more desperate you'll get and the dumber choices you will make. Trust me, i know.
And dating a non-Christian is usually called' missionary dating'. It has no biblical backing, and while it has worked on some occasions, most of the time it doesn't. Also, how would you feel dating someone, only to find out they were hoping to convert you or change you? I would feel offended and used and deceived. Which is basically what you're doing when dating someone not saved and hoping they will get saved. Even if they do claim to be saved how can you be sure its true and they aren't just going along with it to stay with you? Its a very tricky area and the potential for bad far outweighs the chances for good.
We talk a lot about learning to be happy and single in the forums, perhaps dig in with us and learn to be content where you are, and not be so focused on what you Think will make you happy.

S

Sweetpea20

I have put it all in Gods hands. I'm at peace and my main focus is Him and only Him. When the timing is right. I don't need to date right now.. Thanks everyone for the advice :)