How do you respond to others success in relationships?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How do you respond to your peers being in successful relationships?

• It discourages me that I'm not as happy as them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
I'm curious to see how people feel about their peers in relationships. Romans 12:15 says to rejoice with those who rejoice, but often times seeing everyone else happy doesn't do anything but get us down. So how do you really feel about your peers in happy romantic relationships?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I'm happy for them, but it has no effect on my own outlook... Guess Im just a well adjusted guy

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
I'm happy for them, but it has no effect on my own outlook... Guess Im just a well adjusted guy
That's fair. I'm mostly using this poll to see what people find edifying. When others hear about happy relationship among their peers, do people (particularly singles) feel like it's lifting them up or just rubbing it in? I'm curious to know the answer.

H

Hellooo

I respond with indifference. Another's 'success' in being in a relationship doesn't mean that you've somehow failed. Great for those other people but you can experience a lot of wonderful things on your own. It's also a great opportunity to draw closer to God and accomplish a lot of personal goals...cherish your time while its all yours.

J

jimmydiggs

Apathy typically.

T

Timofree

I choose to rejoice, in the past it made me more bitter, but by God's grace I want to take any thoughts like that captive................

I see now that a relationship isn't the answer to lifes problems. It's something to enjoy, whilst resting secure in God, the only true answer to our deepest desires.

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

In the past i felt i was missing what my ideas of my desires would be fullfilled in a simular relationship. Happy in a half galss full but the perception of my half empty glass it hurt as i have grown older i am happy for them but sad because i want a full glass of no one but Jesus real face to face He has revealed to me that HE AND ONLY HE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY FOREVER FOR ME.

J

Jullianna

If the relationship appears to be healthy and entered into wisely, I'm thrilled for them. If it appears to be unhealthy for either of them, I pray alot. :)

It doesn't affect how I feel about my own relationships though. I've seen too many people enter into relationships hastily/unwisely and end up hurting themselves and others. I would rather take my time and prayerfully get it right than be locked into something wrong for me. :)

P

Powemm

Has no affect on my own outlook- Very happy for others :)
I'm very content with Christ :)

K

kayem77

If it's a really good relationship I'm happy for them. :) I'm kind of indifferent honestly, not in a cold and harsh way...it just doesn't affect me that much. I know what I want (and I think I now what God wants for me) so I will wait for it.