how does it feel to be an unpopular at school ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WittyDewi

I watch some of teens movies where the settings mostly at school. mostly, the movie talks about some of the very confidence - popular students and some of the geeks or unpopular students. some scenes show that unpopular students abused or bullied by the popular ones. is it always like that in a real life ? for you my teen friends, how does it feel to be an unpopular kid ?

Speak up your mind

K

Kooper

I wouldn't know what it would be like in public schools. I was taught in a private school. But when it came to those type of movies I felt that I could relate to the "losers" in one way or another. After my childhood friend moved away, I was somewhat of a loner. I had this girl/friend who seemed to be "the girl next door". Later, I develope puppy love feelings for her. Me and my mom, moved to live in two houses in my youth. She just so happened to be right next door. At one point she the girl next city. I was always receiving little praises for my doodles, and having others call it "art". Back then, I tried to pay close attention to my drawings. I was in little fights. There was always little sqabbles here and there. Especilly with be being a bitter and hormonal kid with no father and no answers for my questions. But most of this was before actual highschool.

In highschool, I was never the pack leader. I was the pack leader's roommate and friend. Naturally, everyone hung out in groups. But this was a different situation. At first we hung out with the hometowners (whomever was from their own home towns). We had to be shipped out for highschool. Then eventually the other people from the other reserves started to combine into these little groups with other towns. Then the cliques were formed.

I hung out with my own group of potheads, party animals, guitar players, and so forth. I tried to be a friend to them before that so called kinship slowly died.

After smoking pot, drinking a little too much, and abusing my gifts (free schooling, awesome teachers I brfriended, a boardinghome and parents I've been blessed with) I decided that I should send myself home. I couldn't stand the thought of of me mis-using what I was given.

And yeah, I thought myself a loser, after I came home. They had an internet school for a bit of time here. But I couldn't concentrate on my work as I was so used to the idea of being in a classroom with pencil and paper. That didn't work out so well.

Later, I worked durring the summer. Technically I was still a student when the Band office offered me a job. That group of kids are known around here as "Summer students".

If anything it varys. One's own experiences differ from another. There maybe similarities in one way or another. But all stories are unique.

This went a little longer then I thought. *shrugs* Well, God bless.

C

Crazy4GODword

Well kids beating other kids up seems maybe dramatic in less it was a one to one fight because of something like a girlfriend or something . Maybe at some schools. Back then I bet people did beat up people but now might be different. Well they do make fun of someone but the so called losers have their own group of friends they know and it's like a pack like the popular kids. I am considered a loser..:D

C

Crazy4GODword

Well kids beating other kids up seems maybe dramatic in less it was a one to one fight because of something like a girlfriend or something . Maybe at some schools. Back then I bet people did beat up people but now might be different. Well they do make fun of someone but the so called losers have their own group of friends they know and it's like a pack like the popular kids. I am considered a loser..:D
Actually to think about it, their are bullies or some people who beat up people but you don't always see too often. But I believe it happens.

Jul 4, 2010
i wouldn't call myself popular but i am well liked and known by a bit of people at my school.i have been bullied but never abused by someone else. Sometimes in movies they over do it and make the 'Jocks' or 'preps' seem like the bad guys. but then again some of it is true.
someone can be popular in a good way(well liked) or bad way(everyone doesn't really like them)
its different in every school. but in my school our football team has won valley 3 yrs in a row. its all our town in known for so at school the football players are like kings or something...some are jerks andyeah they do pick on the not so popular ones but there are also nice ones.

for me i dont mind if im not popular cuz I got Jesus baby! im saved!!!!

T

Tlite

Everyone loves a whipping boy. That was what my old English teacher used to say whenever someone would try to make fun of someone because when a person starts it, everyone joins in on the event. It's cruel. One thing I've noticed is people can sense insecurity. Call it intuition or whatever but kids can pick up on it quick. I used to always be unsure of myself and they tried to pick on me. It worked for awhile until I realized I am just like everyone else. That's when I started playing it against everyone. Ive found that if I act with total security then nobody will say a thing. It sucks being the one getting picked on. It really does. Just know that my friend.

W

WittyDewi

being liked and popular in a positive way is good or excellent maybe. I have been there when i was in elementary school, when i don;t think about popularity at all, but it just fun to be the center of attention but somehow it didn't stand long, coz I couldn't differentiated the sincere friends or not.
I would like to encourage my teen friends that it doesn't matter you are popular or not as long as you can treat others well and respect each other. We all have gift from God that we should use to make ourselves better and to make people happy, I just hope that popularity at school not make someone be mean or cruel to others.

N

Ninotori

Its hard to be one of the outsiders. I was bullied so badly in elementary school I had to switch schools. I forgive those who hurt me, after all those events made me who I am and made me understand how bullying hurts, but it changed me terribly.

I dreaded going to school, I couldn't seem to really understand whether someone was my friend or not, and I never thought I was good enough. I couldn't wear the right clothes, and I always seemed to do one little thing wrong and ruin everything. I couldn't understand why they thought hurting me was fun.

I was laughed at when I choked on some food once, a kid poured milk on my head, when something (stupid and harmless) went wrong in class I was scapegoated and blamed, I was called fat (when I wasn't), ugly, stupid, even mean. The teachers didn't do enough to stop it, niether did the kids parents. My sister even made fun of me at home (right after defending me from them). Until I left, it never stopped.

I know I was somewhat strange as a kid, but I don't think I deserved that. I even had some suicidal thoughts, and this was elementary school! They weren't always violent or harming me physically, but the scapegoating, the names, the hard times, and most importantly the complete and utter loneliness and feelings of worthlessness effected me up until the end of highschool.

I hid and was defensive and aggressive for many years even after I switched schools. It took until my senior year for me to feel self confident and free again, mostly through Christ.

It's a very hard and damaging existence to be bullied. Not maybe so much just not being popular, since you just aren't noticed, but those favorites who were picked again and again got many things we didn't. Its not fun. Its okay to be better at something, to be a leader somewhere, but you can't forget anyone. Being left behind is awful.

Jul 4, 2010
Its hard to be one of the outsiders. I was bullied so badly in elementary school I had to switch schools. I forgive those who hurt me, after all those events made me who I am and made me understand how bullying hurts, but it changed me terribly.

I dreaded going to school, I couldn't seem to really understand whether someone was my friend or not, and I never thought I was good enough. I couldn't wear the right clothes, and I always seemed to do one little thing wrong and ruin everything. I couldn't understand why they thought hurting me was fun.

I was laughed at when I choked on some food once, a kid poured milk on my head, when something (stupid and harmless) went wrong in class I was scapegoated and blamed, I was called fat (when I wasn't), ugly, stupid, even mean. The teachers didn't do enough to stop it, niether did the kids parents. My sister even made fun of me at home (right after defending me from them). Until I left, it never stopped.

I know I was somewhat strange as a kid, but I don't think I deserved that. I even had some suicidal thoughts, and this was elementary school! They weren't always violent or harming me physically, but the scapegoating, the names, the hard times, and most importantly the complete and utter loneliness and feelings of worthlessness effected me up until the end of highschool.

I hid and was defensive and aggressive for many years even after I switched schools. It took until my senior year for me to feel self confident and free again, mostly through Christ.

It's a very hard and damaging existence to be bullied. Not maybe so much just not being popular, since you just aren't noticed, but those favorites who were picked again and again got many things we didn't. Its not fun. Its okay to be better at something, to be a leader somewhere, but you can't forget anyone. Being left behind is awful.
i am so sorry to hear that, i dont know what i would do if i was in that situation. and at such a young age!
Ur a very strong girl and i admire that so much about u. Its great to hear u believe in urself now :) May God be with u always :D