How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
brother im speaking from just the last thirty years of reading basically anything I could find about that point in world history . I’ve actually never heard anyone who hadn’t thought the same

at he siege of Jerusalem built over years of Roman oppression over Jerusalem . Here’s a video I hadn’t seen it before but searched for your sake

https://adammaarschalk.com/2014/01/03/video-the-3-5-year-siege-of-jerusalem-66-70-ad/

What I’m saying and what your saying I think can be reconciled you seem to be talking about the actual length of the attack from when they actually attacked Jerusalem

im talking about when they began besieging smaller towns and surrounding and blockading Jerusalem that began in 67 ad some have it late 66 ad and the actual siege was completed in ad 70

as far as references just google the siege of Jerusalem and three years I just did that and hindreds of links came up

i think I’m talking about the whole event beginning with the Jewish revolt and the beginnings of the siege when they started sacking the towns around Jerusalem and blockading it remember how fortified Jerusalem was brother it was not an easy and quick thing to do even for the token empire they took a long time weakening them through famine and wearing out rhier wiol before they actually besieged the city and destroyed the temple it was about a three to three and a half year period

at his just according to what I’ve read over the years though I’m not really thinking it’s important how one looks at the Meg the of the seige . I’m pretty confident but I was t there either so lol

just based on lots of reading over the years I believe it took about 3 to 3 .5 years to accomplish the destruction of Jerusalem but again we all learn what we read and learn through life that just the opinion I’ve formed from the reading I’ve done myself I know for sure it’s not hard to find the information about a three year long siege though I just googled that phrase and tones of links came up
Thanks I appreciate you finding that link and now that you also explained how you derived at the 3 years. Cestius is the one who did so. He took with him the 12th Legion coming down from Syria and of course taking towns along the way and securing the Jerusalem suburbs. He then sieged the temple mount but withdrew and the Jews in the city came out and counter attacked. This loss for Cestius led to Vespasian being chosen as commander to put down the Jewish revolt.

So yeah I totally get the events and time frames you are using now. Thanks I do appreciate it along with the link. Cestius as well as the year of the 4 emperors in my opinion would match up were Christ said when you see the city compassed about flee.

In 68AD Nero had died and so in 69AD you had the year of the 4 emperors. So Vespasian had halted the campaign to take Jerusalem after already putting it down, the revolt, in the North and in Galilee. Then of course he was proclaimed emperor in late 69AD. Then in 70AD his son Titus razed Jerusalem.

So anyway all that to say think that there is clear evidence that when Christ told them to flee that during Cestius or the year of the 4 emperors would match up. Either singularly or combined.

Again thanks for the info and will get now as I am curious to see the video as well as search out others along the same lines.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thanks I appreciate you finding that link and now that you also explained how you derived at the 3 years. Cestius is the one who did so. He took with him the 12th Legion coming down from Syria and of course taking towns along the way and securing the Jerusalem suburbs. He then sieged the temple mount but withdrew and the Jews in the city came out and counter attacked. This loss for Cestius led to Vespasian being chosen as commander to put down the Jewish revolt.

So yeah I totally get the events and time frames you are using now. Thanks I do appreciate it along with the link. Cestius as well as the year of the 4 emperors in my opinion would match up were Christ said when you see the city compassed about flee.

In 68AD Nero had died and so in 69AD you had the year of the 4 emperors. So Vespasian had halted the campaign to take Jerusalem after already putting it down, the revolt, in the North and in Galilee. Then of course he was proclaimed emperor in late 69AD. Then in 70AD his son Titus razed Jerusalem.

So anyway all that to say think that there is clear evidence that when Christ told them to flee that during Cestius or the year of the 4 emperors would match up. Either singularly or combined.

Again thanks for the info and will get now as I am curious to see the video as well as search out others along the same lines.
Yeah I understood now your point also and why you arrived there as well

God bless brother I appreciate the good spirit and mature attitude you express. A good example for myself and others

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
just based on lots of reading over the years I believe it took about 3 to 3 .5 years to accomplish the destruction of Jerusalem but again we all learn what we read and learn through life that just the opinion I’ve formed from the reading I’ve done myself I know for sure it’s not hard to find the information about a three year long siege though I just googled that phrase and tones of links came up
Adam's work is top notch. :)

Is the length of time significant? Does it need to line up with prophecy?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Adam's work is top notch. :)

Is the length of time significant? Does it need to line up with prophecy?[/QUOTE

Not when in a discussion and there’s potential to lead to an argument . no not in my estimation it’s not important when we disagree for us to force what we see on others or try to make them agree .

I think it’s good to present what we see and have learned and believe and then consider what someone else has said and presented and believes and take some time to let what they said sink in so it can be weighed against things you already know and had thought

I’m speaking of course in the context of a conversation about the Bible in a public discussion forum . If this were a seminary yes indeed it would be very important that everything lined up perfectly. But in a forum like this your always going to have differing views and thoughts and different research being done beforehand on a matter like world history and how long exactly the besiegement of a city took 2000 years ago

it isnt worth arguing or allowing a division of any kind in my own thinking discussion is great though keeping in Ming this isn’t a seminary or everyone would t be speaking and discussing ma y of the things we discuss here we’d just be listening to the disc tune taught at the seminary and assuming it was right mostly anyways …..

prophecy always lines up, but sometimes we actually can’t o ow for sure what happened and how long it took 2000 years ago when the bi ke doesn’t touch on the matter of how long it actually took

ado we’re left to obscure Roman and works historians writings from 2000 years ago round abouts

i simply don’t really know for sure I can only talk about the things I’ve read over the past thirty or so years whenever I came across something touching on the matter . If I don’t know for sure and don’t think anyone else does for sure either I don’t think that’s a matter worth stressing is my point I don’t think it’s worth arguing with believer of the lord even if we differ on prophetic understanding ……again though I’m just an old fool in a li mic forum who likes discussing the bi ke as peacefully as possible not claiming to be anything more so my view is coming from there on it