How God Made My Faith Stronger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Whyllow

I had just turned 20. I just got a job as a cashier at a major wholesale warehouse in my town, I was single, and I was loving every moment of it. One of my bosses introduced me to his nephew's roommate and an instant friendship began. He stated how he loved the Lord like his Father and went on and on about how he loved God. I fell for him, hard. Even though he was 2 years younger than me I didn't care. I thought we had a special bond, up until 3 months into our relationship. He wanted sex. Even though I wasn't a virgin (pressured into it by an ex boyfriend) I wanted our relationship to be special. I told him flat out "No"... And that's when things started to change. He started becoming verbally abusive. Using the "You don't look so fat today!" quips, the "Are you seriously going to wear THAT again?" and would make remarks about my love for fast food obvious by poking my stomach or pinching my arms. I wouldn't say anything. I would just keep it in. I would shrug it off and tell myself that he was right. I'm overweight and I need to do something about it. I stopped eating around him. Some how or another he moved himself into my family's house and started living with us. I stopped hanging around the friends he didn't like. I got into this deep depression and I started cutting my arm. (To this day I still have scars) He got mad at me for something one night and I ran into my room and started crying. He barged in and grabbed my knife. "SO you want to cut your arm???" He grabbed me and pinned me to the bed. I tried struggling and fighting back being as I knew martial arts, but the kind I knew didn't teach you ground defense and I lost quickly. He put me in an arm lock and opened my knife up. "THIS is how you should cut your arm!" and he drove the knife into my arm three times. After that night he started getting physically abusive. I would walk into work with bruises up and down my arms. It was July and I was wearing hoodies. I would claim that I was anemic and that's why I was cold. But in reality I was just hiding my black and blue arms. A month later he followed me to my room i told him to go away but he didn't. He locked the door and attacked and raped me. He put his arm on my neck so I couldn't scream or breath, he leaned down next to my ear and said "Just pretend I'n your husband and it won't hurt so badly."

There were multiple instances that he tried killing me. That is, until he found out that I was pregnant from the rape. He tried convincing me to get an abortion but I wouldn't have it. I told him that God blesses people with children no matter in what form, and this baby was a gift and blessing to me. My boyfriend swore up and down he'd never hit me again. But he did. I was 2 months pregnant when he slammed me up against my mother's van, denting the door and giving me a concussion. That concussion knocked sense into. I had to save my baby. I had to make sure I wouldn't let this baby get hurt. Ever. I got a restraining order on him, with all the witnesses, video tapes and evidence stacked up against him he didn't have a chance. But that didn't stop him from stalking me. He would stalk my Facebook page. Hack into his girlfriend of the week (literally girlfriend of the week)'s account and slander me to everyone. He would write and say he was going to kill me and steal my son. He had me on edge every moment of every day. I was afraid to go out of my own room.

Then, I had my son. My beautiful Joshua David (God's Strong Gift) I knew then that I'd do anything to protect him. Anything and everything. When he was 2 months old I was with my mother at the mall, one of my ex's girlfriends tried stealing him from his stroller when I was alone. I screamed bloody murder and started pulling at the girl's hair. A mall officer came to my aid and the girl and her friend ran off. There were several more attempts to steal my son that my mother does not know about. But I took care of it. Quietly and justly. It's all on his record. Heaven only knows WHY the moron is not in jail....

It's taken me 3 years to get over the fear of him hurting me. I couldn't afford therapy. I started going to a martial arts place, one that actually teaches reality street fighting and self defense. I know that I can defend myself and my son if he ever tried hitting me again.

God had been with me through all of that. I will admit, at times I wanted to scream and yell and ask why He hated me so much. Things happen for a reason and I know my calling in life now. I had always loved martial arts as a child, but I now am in the process of getting my certification to go to Schools to teach girls self defense. The right way to get a guy away from you if he tries anything. All with a Christian message at the same time. Granted it is going to take a long time for me to do it, but I know with God's help and wisdom, He'll help me find every thing I need and desire to do it.

A

AnandaHya

thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad God has led you to a ministry where you can help others and tell them about God at the same time :)

have you heard of an organization called "kicks for Christ"?

http://www.kicksforchrist.com/

W

Whyllow

Actually I have! Mine I guess is a little more reality fighting instead of demo's and board breaking. I started Taekwondo when I was 7 and then went to a church when they started it when I was 11/12ish. God's been in my martial arts life as long as I can remember. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I just recently found out that my psychotic ex boyfriend still carries a picture of me and shows it to everyone he talks to and asks if he knows me.... Yet another reason why I dislike going out now.

A

AnandaHya

don't let him control your life by preventing you from doing something you enjoy doing

N

NMsmile

I'll pray for you. That you are freed from the fear that God will give you a boldness and strength in him. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

W

Whyllow

I'll pray for you. That you are freed from the fear that God will give you a boldness and strength in him. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Thank you very much! I'm not so much scared as I am frustrated. I feel like he's a cockroach that just won't go away!!

C

Cabbage

Well, you know my testimony and we have talked a little, but I want to share something with you that will heal you more than anything. Forgiveness. That is a hard word to swallow or even think about. Charles Stanley has an amazing book called The Gift of Forgiveness. I am working through it now and it is amazing to how on track he is. Please forgive him. You may think I am stupid, but you are the one losing out if you do not forgive.

Jun 4, 2011
Unfortunately cabbage is right, when we dont forgive we are the ones that lose.

We give them power and control over us daily.

I have found it impossible to forgive people that have done me wrong i hope you have better luck in that department then I have.

Apr 24, 2009
Thank You for sharing your story! May God bless your faithfulness and that little child you have.

W

Whyllow

Thank You for sharing your story! May God bless your faithfulness and that little child you have.
Thank you. He surly has blessed me already with my son.