How have you changed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

adekruif

What are some things that GOD has changed in you after becoming saved? I'm not talking about sin, more about the changes to your personality, your approach, things like that.

For me the thing that I would say that has changed the most is willingness to admit "I don't know". Before being saved, it was crushing to admit that I didn't understand a concept in school, or didn't know how to do something "simple". I was afraid of trying new things because I didn't want to stand out or have to ask someone how to do something. I came to the realization today when I was reflecting on the past couple weeks of work, and admitting numerous times I didn't know how to do something and I needed help.

Cheers!

R

River_W

It's cool that I found this post because I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday!

Before I was saved, I was very skeptical and uncertain about things that I could not see or feel. This made believing in God very hard for me, and I faltered many times in matters of faith. After I was saved, though I still struggle with faith more than I would like to admit, I know that God is with me, and I always come back to Him. I'm convinced of His presence.

The most significant change was of my mindset. Though I'm quite optimistic, I was constantly caught up with my worries with the things of this world. Not worry free, but they are definitely off my mind most of the time because I'm thinking about God and focused on Christ!

J

Jullianna

I am not the same silent, sullen, foulmouthed, smutty joke telling, wounded, OCD, worrying, self-conscious, alienated, impatient, hotheaded, unforgiving person I was when I met Him 23 years ago.

He put opportunities in my life that I would never have dreamed possible.
I came to understand my friends and family in a far deeper way and appreciate them more.
He made me a better listener.
He taught me that I'm here to serve Him, not please other people.

I am nothing like the person I was when I met Him and I trust that He Who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it...cos He knows I still need a LOT of work. :)

R

rauleetoe

For me its still a process..meaning i am being pruned at the time..its not fun..and quite a painfull process if i must say..it is not fun..not enjoyable..but i have been reading the Word daily. Reflecting a lot more lately..i have more of a heart for others..am more sensitive..and actually am making an effort to reach out to others even though its terrifying to me now...

K

keep_on_smiling

I would have to say after being saved the biggest thing that changed was how I deal with people. I can't believe it now really, but I used to be a very opinionated person who didn't care what people thought. Though I still have very strong opinions and am honest about how I feel, I share them in love; that was missing before. For the most part I still don't care about what people think about me, but the hardness and sharpness that came from the way that I shared things is gone.

On of the other big things that has changed is that I used to be quite critical and judgmental (mostly kept it to myself) of other people's actions. I have learned to love people and have grown to understand that the only judging we are to do is in regard to situations and scenarios we put ourselves in.

Praise God for the changes He has us go through!

Hopefully I continue to change and grow closer to the Lord each day :)

J

Jullianna

rauleetoe, no, it's definitely not a fun process, is it? :)

Somehow....my spirit feels lighter as the process continues and the Potter continues to chip away though. :)

P

Perk

Before I was saved, I was a drug using, drug dealing, hot-headed, angry, young man. I felt entitled to anything I wanted.

When I was saved, I began to slowly care more about edifying others around me. I became a young man that people feel they can come to for advice. I went from being self-centered, to loving all those around me. I also went from on the verge of failing out of high school to looking at medical schools.

This is all evidence of God's great grace. I never ever wanted to be a Christian, but through the grace that HE put in my life, my heart was changed. I went from desiring a high, to desiring God's love and grace. God works in miraculous ways, and He certainly showed that He is omnipotent through the changes in my life. Without God, I can honestly say, I would either be dead or in prison by now. Praise HIM!

J

Jullianna

What a cool testimony, Perk!!!!!!!!!!!! Or should we say Dr Perk? :)

A

adekruif

That's Awesome Perk! I really like one of your statements..." I never ever wanted to be a Christian, but through the grace that HE put in my life, my heart was changed." Really shows the drastic change that GOD makes in a life. :)

I love reading stories like these, keep em coming people!! :)

P

Perk

That's Awesome Perk! I really like one of your statements..." I never ever wanted to be a Christian, but through the grace that HE put in my life, my heart was changed." Really shows the drastic change that GOD makes in a life. :)

I love reading stories like these, keep em coming people!! :)
I definitely want to emphasize, that I really really didn't want God in my life. I was so immersed in sin that I never ever had thoughts of giving my life to Him. It goes to show that HE IS GREAT! If God can work in my heart, it truly shows His grace. I'm glad you enjoyed my testimony. And yes, it is amazing to read testimonies.

Jul 25, 2005
If I wasn't saved at 5, I'd be Gregory House MD.