How have you glorified Christ today?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Many people go to church to glorify Him... Or pray... Or sing songs... Or even witness...

But a action I did recently made me think I am not worshiping Christ...

I had worked a 11.5 hour shift the night before, got there at 2 p.m. and left at 1:30 a.m. due to them being short handed... I fell asleep around 3ish and then woke up at 10:30 to get to church ( normally sleep 11-13 hours)... So I could worship with fellow Christians, I then was called in to work because they were short handed again, so I was scheduled from 1:00-6:00...

When I get to work I see a kid from my high school who was never the most liked... In fact he might have been the most disliked kid in the grade... Not because he was rude, but because he set himself up to be bullied and made fun of by other people... And he was always being degraded and pushed around... Well when I got to work, any position he tried to do, the manager would throw him off of it and put me there... Because he was not experienced enough and we were far behind schedule... So since 8:00 a.m. he had been thrown around and around the work area, people constantly yelling at him to do better or do 4 things at once.. And he just physically couldn't do it...

After we slowed down and everything got pretty quiet we started small talking and I found out there was a communication error on his hours, he came in at 8:00 and wasn't suppose to be in till 12:00 so he was already working 4 more hours then what he was scheduled... When it came time for him to leave, which was 6:00 the new manager realized that the whole crew got off at 6:00 and not one person came in till 9:00 and he couldn't possibly be the only one working during the 7:00 rush... so everyone had to stay, around 6:30 I finally made an arrangement to come back in at 11:00 and close the store if I could get off for now... When I took my leave, I remember seeing that kid with his overworked bloodshot eyes... I could have let him leave in my place, and I just work the 12 hour shift... Instead I made him stay for 12 hours on his 3rd day... Still getting yelled at, still getting overworked and doing jobs that experienced workers could barely do...

This has just made me think... How could I possibly be showing my light if I am not willing to suffer for another tangible person... Let alone Christ...

1 John 3:17... If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person?
I think that verse can also be used to signify anything... If you have the ability to help a brother or sister in need, and you don't... How can you say that the love of God is in you...

I want to ask for anyone to share what they have sacrificed whether it be money, time, love... Anything you have done with the thought of "if this was Christ, I would do even more"... I just think that would be beyond lifting and encouraging for the rest of the CC community... To see how we worship Christ apart from the online community...