how i can pray for my marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hellobacky

do you have trust that Lord will prepare the right one for you and guide you to meet? How do you pray fo your marriage?

S

Strong1

do you have trust that Lord will prepare the right one for you and guide you to meet? How do you pray fo your marriage?
Yes I truly believe that if you ask God to get you ready, and prepare that right person for you in marriage, he will do just that.
This will be a very serious time in your life though. It will mean spending an enormous amount of time in prayer with the Lord, and LISTENING to his will for your life. Sometimes what God has in mind for our marriage, we don't necessarily agree. At times we love who he has given us, untill trouble arises in the marriage. For this reason our prayer must really dwell amongst ourselves. That I will be ready for the spouse God wants for me, that I may fulfill my part and love the way God wants us to love in marriage.
So the question really is, Will you allow God to prepare you for your future spouse? ;) Hmmm

J

Jullianna

By thanking Him for being all that you need right now and telling Him that you trust Him completely with your future. By asking Him to protect, guide, teach, strengthen and mold this man into whatever he needs to be to fulfill God's purpose, and to mold you into the woman of God/helpmate you will need to be to accomplish the same.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. ~ Matthew 6:33

You are wise to begin praying about this now :)

U

Ugly

Really, i just pray 'God bring me someone'. He knows who is and isn't good for me. He knows what i like, and don't like. So i keep it simple and trust He'll do His thing, and do it right, when the time is right. In the meantime, i keep asking myself 'what kind of husband would i be?'. I try to focus more on making myself the right type of spouse, and less time focusing on telling God what i expect to be given in a spouse. Whats the point of praying to be married, when you aren't ready and just screw it up because you're more focused on what you want, than who are you?

S

sllhouette

I pray that I might imitate Christ.

J

jimsun

I can only base my contribution on my own personal experience. I truly & honestly believe that my wife & I were meant to be together from the off - & that it was all down to My God.

We first met as 16 year old kids at a Summer Camp in Italy. She had come from her home in Germany & I from Ireland. I fell hopelessly & helplessly in love with her the moment I set eyes on her. And my heart was shattered when we had to head home at the end of Camp. But we kept in touch & something seemed to be pushing us together as we ran up postage costs & busted our parent's 'phone bills! Every holiday or long weekend saw either me in Hannover or her in Cork.

We now have two kids of 16 & 15 and enjoy every day we are together. My work takes me away from home at least 3 times per month. In April I have to go to Brussels, Frankfurt & then Oslo but whilst colleagues will just shack up in a hotel after Court, I am usually on the red-eye home, which sees me coming through a deserted airport in the wee hours. But then I'm only 20 odd miles from home.

I know it sounds mush & makes you want to reach for the bucket! But I can only go by who I found as a teenager & who became my wife, counsel, sounding board, mother to our kids (& the doggies!) as well as my best friend.

Take an Irishman's advice - Don't over-analyse things or think too much. What is destined will happen. Maybe not as soon as you would wish but just hang in & have patience. The person with your name on their heart will come along. (I believe in the little people too!)

J+