How is God different from other gods?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Agravesx

Does God operate in islam, who's way of life also centers around Him?
I believe that the God from the beginning, the one of the bible, is not the same god of Islam. The Islamic version of God seems to be a slightly twisted version of that of the bible. They do sound very similar though, however if we look what is taught there and what is taught in the Gospel, it seems to revert back to the old ways which Jesus took us away from.

But, I do believe if an Islamic man truly seeks after God, the God described by both Moses and Jesus, than God will reveal himself to that man and show him the truths of the bible.

Dec 1, 2012
I believe that the God from the beginning, the one of the bible, is not the same god of Islam. The Islamic version of God seems to be a slightly twisted version of that of the bible. They do sound very similar though, however if we look what is taught there and what is taught in the Gospel, it seems to revert back to the old ways which Jesus took us away from.

But, I do believe if an Islamic man truly seeks after God, the God described by both Moses and Jesus, than God will reveal himself to that man and show him the truths of the bible.

So you see two gods? Do not judge by the appearance (in this case the qu'ran) but the heart of a person.

Men show their love for God by how we treat eachother.

A

Agravesx

So you see two gods? Do not judge by the appearance (in this case the qu'ran) but the heart of a person.

Men show their love for God by how we treat eachother.
There is only one true God, there are many gods though, all of the others being false and unworthy of worship.

As for the part about treating a persons devotion to God based upon their actions towards others, yes I believe that does reflect a persons closeness to God, however people do act nice for different reasons other than the sincere heart and closeness to God. Now I'm not saying Muslims are bad people or anything like that, in fact the Muslims I have met were very good people, however they simply are not worshiping the one true God, what they describe is different than what Jesus taught about God. That is how I know they aren't worshiping the same being.

Although they are very close, you have to keep in mind that if Satan wanted to deceive many people with a religion, the best way to do it is by sticking very close to the truth, but throwing in subtle changes which is hard to notice. Creating a religion by that means would make it easier to attract devout believers.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
God is everywhere!
The beliefs of the Islamic people are not centered on the God of Creatation. Not the ones that follow the Qur'an, there god of the Qur'an can do nothing, he is not able to answer the prayers of the the people. He can not heal anyone. He has never been able to open the eyes of the blind. He has no power whatsoever. the Islamic people that follow the god of the Qur'an do not believe Jesus is God.
They do not believe God to be there Father. Among many other things. If you want to know the god of the Qur'an read the Qur'an and what they that follow the Qur'an believe.

The beliefs based on the Qur'an are not Christian or Christianity. They are another religious sect. like all religion. It is the thoughts of man. Man's idea of who and what God is.

Understand there are Christians in Islam. There are Christians in every nation and country.

It is best you do a little research before making a claim you do not understant.
God will hold everyone of us accountable for what we say.

We will answer for every word we speak falsely.
What you are saying makes no sense there are Christians in Islam..... but Islam is a religion how is someone a christian and a muslim are you implying muslims is a race like arab...? lol Also ive seen islamic videos where they do healings and what not. Also muslims pray all the time probably more than Christians im sure they think their prayers are answered since muslim terrorist keep praying to god to kill infidels and what not.

A

Agravesx

What you are saying makes no sense there are Christians in Islam..... but Islam is a religion how is someone a christian and a muslim are you implying muslims is a race like arab...? lol Also ive seen islamic videos where they do healings and what not. Also muslims pray all the time probably more than Christians im sure they think their prayers are answered since muslim terrorist keep praying to god to kill infidels and what not.
I think she means that there are those who truly want to follow Christ and want to follow his teachings, yet are bound within the Islamic culture.

Also, I'd like to point out that the vast majority of Muslims are not praying to God for the deaths of infidels, that is being very unfair.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
I think she means that there are those who truly want to follow Christ and want to follow his teachings, yet are bound within the Islamic culture.

Also, I'd like to point out that the vast majority of Muslims are not praying to God for the deaths of infidels, that is being very unfair.
I thought you could tell I was joking sorry, I just used the death of infidels example because a lot of people on this website wouldnt understand any other example.

Feb 17, 2010
1. Jesus said, if one hits you on the one cheek, turn aso the other....
Allah says... If they come to fight you at Makkah... KILL them ALLAH's way!

2. Jesus says do not stand up against EVIL, for HE (God) will recon with them. And becasue they chose evil they cursed themselves with: DEAD IN THEIR SINS!
Allah says that those that call the son of God the Messiah (exactly what Christians do) then the muslims (Islam) should seek them and KILL THEM, for the CURSE OF ALLAH is on them!

Jesus says LOVE YOUR EMEMY...
From the Quran: ALLAH SAYS: KILL THEM! Muhsin Khan 2.191 The Cow
And kill them wherever you find them,

Jesus says: Go and make disciples, and be ready t serve the TRUTH the GOSPEL, and the WORD OF GOD...
ALLAH SAYS: ... Be ready to make WAR ALLAH'S WAY. For there are MANY PROFITS to gain when you make war for ALLAH! Lots of BOOTIES with ALLAH! Allah will favour all who war for HIM!

There is no OTHER God. Oh there are MANY MASTERS, but a master is appointed by the followers. God appoints HIS followers... Big difference!

So what makes Christianity different.... God appoints HIS FOLLOWERS.... all other religions serve MASTERS THEY APPOINT FOR THEMSELVES! Dead or alive...

About the miricles they can do... God gave them the power to decieve other's but HIS ELECT CANNOT be decieved... The elect God's children know the Truth, and the ONE GOD!

Dec 1, 2012
1. Jesus said, if one hits you on the one cheek, turn aso the other....
Allah says... If they come to fight you at Makkah... KILL them ALLAH's way!

2. Jesus says do not stand up against EVIL, for HE (God) will recon with them. And becasue they chose evil they cursed themselves with: DEAD IN THEIR SINS!
Allah says that those that call the son of God the Messiah (exactly what Christians do) then the muslims (Islam) should seek them and KILL THEM, for the CURSE OF ALLAH is on them!

Jesus says LOVE YOUR EMEMY...
From the Quran: ALLAH SAYS: KILL THEM! Muhsin Khan 2.191 The Cow
And kill them wherever you find them,

Jesus says: Go and make disciples, and be ready t serve the TRUTH the GOSPEL, and the WORD OF GOD...
ALLAH SAYS: ... Be ready to make WAR ALLAH'S WAY. For there are MANY PROFITS to gain when you make war for ALLAH! Lots of BOOTIES with ALLAH! Allah will favour all who war for HIM!

There is no OTHER God. Oh there are MANY MASTERS, but a master is appointed by the followers. God appoints HIS followers... Big difference!

So what makes Christianity different.... God appoints HIS FOLLOWERS.... all other religions serve MASTERS THEY APPOINT FOR THEMSELVES! Dead or alive...

About the miricles they can do... God gave them the power to decieve other's but HIS ELECT CANNOT be decieved... The elect God's children know the Truth, and the ONE GOD!

Exodus 15:3-4

3*The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

4*Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.

There's enough violence in our own book to look down upon theirs.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You are looking at it from a carnal mind. Thinking like this then blacks would still grossly be inferior to whites in america. We grew up with the bible stating this. How could you fault another for growing up with a book stating otherwise?

Remember eternal life is not found in either book!
The verses I quoted earlier begins to explain these things.

Unless REVEALED FROM HEAVEN that Jesus is the son of living God, men will say He was all sorts of things.
It is the SPIRIT that does the works!

Now let's make it plain.

Is it lawful for God to do what He pleases with what He owns?
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
It's God's WORD
sorry I am not a New Ager.

Dec 1, 2012
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
It's God's WORD
sorry I am not a New Ager.
What is His name NOW?

S

simplyme_bekah

He is real and the other gods are not.

Dec 19, 2009
What makes Christianity different from other religions?
Christians seem to believe one of two things:

Some (like me) believe that Jesus Christ was God in flesh.

Others believe that Jesus Christ was God’s only son.

Either way, we believe Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.