How long did it take for you to quit smoking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How long did it take for you to quit smoking?

• Between one month and one year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between one and three years

• Between three and ten years

• Over ten years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 21, 2014
Okay so the differently worded poll in the other thread has closed now.

I thought I would state it differently: From the time your efforts to quit started, how long did it take for you to quit smoking?

R

Raine

I would comment, but I've never smoked. :/

How about you?

May 31, 2014
Neither printing presses nor trucks will run without coffee and cigarettes. If the trucks don't run you don't eat. Forget about a newspaper.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Neither printing presses nor trucks will run without coffee and cigarettes. If the trucks don't run you don't eat. Forget about a newspaper.
I do both. Maybe I should just do the one. I am not in denial. I need God's help.

May 31, 2014
I do both. Maybe I should just do the one. I am not in denial. I need God's help.
Friend I can operate or repair any printing press in existence. But to avoid that I drive. At least I can watch my latest problem decrease in a mirror while getting paid.

T

Taith

I would be no help here. I have never smoked, and don't plan to start.

But it would be interesting to see what other people say.

Feb 21, 2014
Any more poll votes, folks?

(There have been a few.)

Mar 18, 2011
The day I quit smoking was the day I decided that everything had to change. How I moved my body, how I fed my body and how I watered my body. The great increase in how I felt destroyed the desire for a cigarette.

Feb 21, 2014
The day I quit smoking was the day I decided that everything had to change. How I moved my body, how I fed my body and how I watered my body. The great increase in how I felt destroyed the desire for a cigarette.
Glad you managed to quit.

R

Rudimental

I quit quitting. Does that count?

I dont even know why I smoke. Just a pointless, worthless (enter more negative words here) habit.

I smite my chest, I rent my shirt. But I give thanks to God that one day I will have a brand new and perfect body.

Amen and God speed.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
It did'nt take me long to quit, because I've never smoked!! LOL!! :)

J

jer2911

It did'nt take me long to quit, because I've never smoked!! LOL!! :)
Oh no, my friend. You're so serious quitting.

Same here.

farouk farouk, how long did it take for you to say, "NO!"?

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I quit cold turkey the day Christ caused me to see it was an idol in my life - like my "God of Peace". That when I wanted to feel peaceful I went to my cigarette. To get rid of this idol caused me to suffer for awhile which I knew I would get over. I have never heard of anyone dying because they gave up cigarettes. Sure I had headaches, etc.. but in 3 months I never felt better. More than anything, I felt great that I could be strong enough to say "no" even though it hurt.