How Many Here are in Bible College or Seminary?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

emarie

I looked at Bob Jones went I was researching, but it was too conservative for me. I ended up going with Liberty because of their online studies reputation.
Yes, many find Bob Jones very conservative. But their beliefs line up with mine and my family's (IFB) so it is a very good choice for me personally :) One of my favorite Bible teachers went to Liberty. I heard it is a very good school! What are you studying? I plan to study Music Ministries. :)

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Yes, many find Bob Jones very conservative. But their beliefs line up with mine and my family's (IFB) so it is a very good choice for me personally :) One of my favorite Bible teachers went to Liberty. I heard it is a very good school! What are you studying? I plan to study Music Ministries. :)
That's great that you've found a place to match up with your beliefs! I don't agree with everything Liberty teaches, but I figure I'm not there to have them teach me their doctrine. I'm there to learn from God.

I'm either going for just a plain 'ol Masters or the MDiv in Biblical Studies, depending on how ambitious I feel. I didn't want to get into the theology and doctrine much, so I'm going for straight up Bible.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
What does "BS" stand for in this case, as it can stand for a multitude of things? :confused:

I'm not at any theological/bible college (nor have I been), although I thoroughly agree with "one" going to them to enlarge one's knowledge of truth...

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
What does "BS" stand for in this case, as it can stand for a multitude of things? :confused:
Oops, I meant BC as in Bible College. A pretty bad typo, eh?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I support Bible Colleges! I would actually like to go to Pensacola Christian College or Bob Jones University. :)
Sounds very Baptist of ya!................ :)

If you can expand your horizons beyond denominations, take a peek at Mid America University in Ok. City, Ok.....

Good school, good people, and they support the Ordaining of Women as Pastors/Preachers/Ministers..........and, pretty much anything else I suppose.

E

emarie

Sounds very Baptist of ya!................ :)

If you can expand your horizons beyond denominations, take a peek at Mid America University in Ok. City, Ok.....

Good school, good people, and they support the Ordaining of Women as Pastors/Preachers/Ministers..........and, pretty much anything else I suppose.
My family and I are actually Independent Fundamental Baptist , and I am happy where I'm at :) I do not believe in the ordaining of women. :)

D

desi12345

I've just finished my discipleship training school through ywam. I really really want to do school of biblical studies(ywam) but I don't know God wants me to do it.I'm still waiting on Him for my next step. I don't have finances either. So... still praying...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE:
My family and I are actually Independent Fundamental Baptist , and I am happy where I'm at :) I do not believe in the ordaining of women. :)
END QUOTATION........

Ok, so why do you want to go to a Bible College/Seminary?

The rest is for another thread/debate.........