how many of yall

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 29, 2013
This isnt excacly a bible discussion but alot of post in here aint im puting it here cause its most used forum... i know there is alot of athiest on this site an alot in the world im sure we all know some an sometimes it may seem like theres no point in talking to them because there convinced in there ways. But i used to be an athiest so how many more of you belivers on here use to be athiest to?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Can not remember a time when i did not believe there was a God.

So my answer is no.

May 15, 2013
This isnt excacly a bible discussion but alot of post in here aint im puting it here cause its most used forum... i know there is alot of athiest on this site an alot in the world im sure we all know some an sometimes it may seem like theres no point in talking to them because there convinced in there ways. But i used to be an athiest so how many more of you belivers on here use to be athiest to?
We must walk through darkness in order to appreciate how good it is to have the light.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Never was an atheist, but didn't know God. His name was not spoken in our house nor was Jesus's name. Went to church a handful of times. When I graduated high school that all changed. My mom and me were in a car accident. She passed, I was in the hospital on my back for 8 weeks. I felt responsible because I was the driver. I couldn't remember what I would've done differently because as hard as I tried, I didn't remember the accident (even to this day). But I was so sad cause just the week before she told me she wanted to die, she had clinical depression.

Four months later I wanted to die, I didn't want to go on. That is when one night I lost it and was alone in our house and terrible thoughts came into my head, that I seriously thought about doing, and yelling for answers as to why! Not expecting answers, that is when I met God. He showed me his power that night, but no one in my family believed me then. It was too irrational for them in how it happened.

I though, went on and never forgot what I was shown. That he is all around us and he is watching us. Even those who yet understand His saving Grace. I took that knowledge and when I needed a friend, He was my everything. Forward to now and not only did I become saved in 2002, blessed for healing in 2011, I was given the filling of the Holy spirit along with that healing for pain. I learned that I need to be baptized and did so eagerly in Sept. of 2012. I walk with our Lord and try everyday to do one thing if not more to make all understand to never doubt God and to love always.

My family, they all are Christians, all except one brother. He is an atheist through and through. He still dismisses all my experiences with God, yet he loves me so much. I later learned many years later that when the hospital called they made a mistake and told my younger brothers that one of us had died. Being alone and waiting for my father because he had moved out 2 months prior the now atheist brother prayed for our mom to be the one who died and to let me live. He has said some things, too long to list but I view atheist as people who come across mean but inside their more broken than anyone on this earth. They need the most love.

When I first got on CC I was so naive and thought "Great a place where there are only Christians", then I read the post of many atheists. I wish we could all see into the hearts of others since God for whatever reason doesn't show us all at the same time or the same way that He love us all. Until we can look into the hearts of all we just have to keep sharing. I am just learning how to share because it is the hardest thing when your own loved one says, " Why would God come to you and give you all these experiences, when millions of others including myself see nothing from him". I just answer I don't know.

T

TomH

Never was an atheist, but didn't know God. His name was not spoken in our house nor was Jesus's name. Went to church a handful of times. When I graduated high school that all changed. My mom and me were in a car accident. She passed, I was in the hospital on my back for 8 weeks. I felt responsible because I was the driver. I couldn't remember what I would've done differently because as hard as I tried, I didn't remember the accident (even to this day). But I was so sad cause just the week before she told me she wanted to die, she had clinical depression.

Four months later I wanted to die, I didn't want to go on. That is when one night I lost it and was alone in our house and terrible thoughts came into my head, that I seriously thought about doing, and yelling for answers as to why! Not expecting answers, that is when I met God. He showed me his power that night, but no one in my family believed me then. It was too irrational for them in how it happened.

I though, went on and never forgot what I was shown. That he is all around us and he is watching us. Even those who yet understand His saving Grace. I took that knowledge and when I needed a friend, He was my everything. Forward to now and not only did I become saved in 2002, blessed for healing in 2011, I was given the filling of the Holy spirit along with that healing for pain. I learned that I need to be baptized and did so eagerly in Sept. of 2012. I walk with our Lord and try everyday to do one thing if not more to make all understand to never doubt God and to love always.

My family, they all are Christians, all except one brother. He is an atheist through and through. He still dismisses all my experiences with God, yet he loves me so much. I later learned many years later that when the hospital called they made a mistake and told my younger brothers that one of us had died. Being alone and waiting for my father because he had moved out 2 months prior the now atheist brother prayed for our mom to be the one who died and to let me live. He has said some things, too long to list but I view atheist as people who come across mean but inside their more broken than anyone on this earth. They need the most love.

When I first got on CC I was so naive and thought "Great a place where there are only Christians", then I read the post of many atheists. I wish we could all see into the hearts of others since God for whatever reason doesn't show us all at the same time or the same way that He love us all. Until we can look into the hearts of all we just have to keep sharing. I am just learning how to share because it is the hardest thing when your own loved one says, " Why would God come to you and give you all these experiences, when millions of others including myself see nothing from him". I just answer I don't know.
I'm sorry about your mom, sis. My mom had Alzheimer's, wanted to die too, and she finally got her wish. I also was living in darkness for a while, but then I saw the light. Just keep letting God's love flow through you. Atheists don't understand it, but God's love overcomes all. God bless you, sister.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
I'm sorry about your mom, sis. My mom had Alzheimer's, wanted to die too, and she finally got her wish. I also was living in darkness for a while, but then I saw the light. Just keep letting God's love flow through you. Atheists don't understand it, but God's love overcomes all. God bless you, sister.
Thank you Tom H.....God Bless you also

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was sent to Sunday School as a child, where I memorized many Bible verses and was introduced to Christ. Around 11 years old, I heard Christ calling, and starting reading the Bible, and memorized more verses. But then I got pulled into the occult by a Ouigi board and a lot of questionable Sci Fi books I was reading. By 16, I was totally atheistic. I had no fellowship, no encouragement at home to follow God so I conformed to the world, which at that time for me was the hippie movement.

I pursued a life of pleasure and sin. But mostly it was not pleasurable, but delusional. I became interested in making money, but drinking alcohol really ruined that dream. I went further down the path of sin, tried to pull myself out and failed.

Then God called on me, in a very gentle way. I began to believe that I didn't know everything, and maybe there might be "a god". That is when I got pulled into spiritualism and the New Age. In my quest to know God and find peace, I started reading the Holy Books of the word. I found no help.

I finally started reading the Bible, out of respect for my grandmother, who was a Christian. I did not understand it. I was in college and getting top marks in Calculus and other courses, but the Bible was unreadable.

There was a revival going on, and many people praying and witnessing to me. I finally met the Lord one night and I have never stopped believing me. (Oh yes, then the Bible made a lot of sense! It was alive!)

Was this supposed to be a testimony??? LOL

Anyway, yes, I was an atheist at one time!

I

Ilovecoffee

Raises hand. I was raised catholic, went athiest and got involved in the occult/witchcraft. After years of people witnessing to me ( READ: persist in prayer for those you do not yet know the Lord) became a believer.

Hallelujah what a great and wonderful GOD we have!!! Blessed be his Holy name :)