How many times will God forgive?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

[h=3]Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.[/h] That should give you an indication.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
From the age of 13 upwards until this last year I have sinned. I didn't know The Lord properly and I didn't know half the commandments and also didn't really have much faith. This last year I have began to go to church, read the bible and also pray. My faith is stronger than ever before and I've finally found The Lord. I have made mistakes which I am cross about and always ask for forgiveness when I feel I could have done wrong. Is there a limit on how much The Lord will forgive us? Or does it depend on if we are truly sorry? I would love to be pure again in the sight of The Lord? Can we become pure again?
The Blood of Jesus cleanses us from ALL sin...

1 John 1:7, 9 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

G

gleener

From the age of 13 upwards until this last year I have sinned. I didn't know The Lord properly and I didn't know half the commandments and also didn't really have much faith. This last year I have began to go to church, read the bible and also pray. My faith is stronger than ever before and I've finally found The Lord. I have made mistakes which I am cross about and always ask for forgiveness when I feel I could have done wrong. Is there a limit on how much The Lord will forgive us? Or does it depend on if we are truly sorry? I would love to be pure again in the sight of The Lord? Can we become pure again?
God has forgiven you if you truly repented forgive yourself and do not live in sin or practice in it keep your eyes on Jesus lots of love to you

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Salvation forgiveness is a once-for-lifetime event, and the power of sin has no effect on it. He will keep you for as long as you stay, and regard you as pure no matter how dirty you get.

But the power of sin in the here and now is that if you submit to an authority, you're submitted to an authority... until you rebuke it. When you submit to either a demon and/or the flesh yanking on your leash, you empower it over you. Confession is the way you rebuke that. So bring it before God, confess what you got dirty in, and pray the Blood of Christ be poured out upon and within you for the cleansing it brings in both spirit and body. And pray the Holy Spirit be poured out upon you as well, filling your spirit to be stronger against the flesh. And ask that angels be set around you, to bear you up and to occupy the enemy. And wield your sword – the word of God – on your lips. Then move on in the glory He intended for you.

God bless you in your recommitted life!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
seeing a lot of answers that say pretty much the same thing.................BUT............it is also true that there can come a time when HE WILL NOT FORGIVE OUR SINS.............

folks who willfully CONTINUE to sin and make a mockery of the precious blood of Jesus Christ, and in spite of the Grace of God are surely in danger of eternal death..............