How old was Jesus when He started His ministry?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CEF

I know He was a carpenter, but how long was He a carpenter? And how old was He when He surrendered to ministry?

C

Callmebadger

If I'm not mistaken, his childhood is a bit vague in the Bible. It briefly touches on it, then on his teenage years, and jumps straight into his work ministering. So as far as exact dates go pertaining to carpentering, I'm not sure you'll find a reliable answer to that question.

Luke 3:23 on the subject of preaching though says, "Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli,"

U

Ugly

He was about 30 when he started, and 33 when crucified. His ministry was short, but to say it was effective is an understatement.

A

Anna20fAustralia

I feel the New Testament was clear on this. He was 30.