HOW TO DEAL WITH HATE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bealight2012

I'm the only Christian in my household and the hate from my mother is begining to show more and more. I'm constantly persecuted for doing, thinking, or telling others we should do the right thing. She has let me know that she doesn't care, I have no sense, and God knows what the world is like and basically if I'm not of it I won't "make it" , etc theirs so much more. I suffered through her negative and disgusting ways of her talking to me for a while but now its becoming worse since I'm a christian. She uses me to babysit her children so she can "do what she needs to do" so I'm stuck playing mommy to my younger brothers who don't listen at all because she doesn't to much discpline them. Her rage and anger has rubbed off on me and I didn't notice that everything she does has become of me until God showed me. Today she told me if I don't do as she saids I need to leave (such as not talking to family members whom I've forgiven but she hasn't and not agreeing with her wrongdoings and all the gossip etc.) I tell God I forgive her and I ask Him to forgive her of her sins and bless her with everything she's ever dreamed of, understanding, peace, etc but I feel like I'm living in chains and I have no place to really go soooooo if anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I.E. I do try my very best to obey her, keep quiet, and serve my family.

Thank you:)
-Andri'a

B

Bea22

<3 must be very hard to be in the position you are in...
I don't have much advice to give you at this point in time, all I can say is IF it comes to a point where you must leave, God will provide somewhere for you to go. Trust Him on that. Suffer what you can for now, even though it's hard and you hate it and it may rub off on you sometimes, God knows your heart and that you are trying your best in that environment.
I think every experience is teaching us how to get that love, described in Corinthians.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

You never know when your prayer will be answered. You never know when that love you show your mother and siblings will break that hold of hatred that is binding her. Love conquers everything. It can soften the hardest of hearts and the bitterest of people. But it is SO difficult to get that love... we humans don't have it just from birth. It is something that God needs to give us. It is promised to us, so we need to ask God for it more and more.

It's not easy, but we don't have to toil and try to 'put' it on, or pretend to have this Love. It is God Himself, coming to dwell in you, that changes you, and softens you and makes you have that love. So don't try to force it. But take steps to have it :)

Also, think of how we, as christians, are likened to sheep. Have you ever seen a sheep being sheared? I saw a documentary some years ago, and was amazed at this sheep being pulled this way and that, and shoved around, and sheared, cut from the razors and bleeding... but never once opening its mouth to baa!

It struck me so much, it's stayed with me. It's no wonder God likens us to sheep, He Himself was a sacrifice for us, and opened not His mouth as He was spat on and bleeding and mocked.

How do us humans get to the point where we are like Him? We cannot do it ourselves, we must let Him come in and do the work within us so all glory goes to Him. It's hard, but in our weakness, He is strong.

When you feel alone in your christian walk, just remember you have a Friend watching over you, whom you can speak to at any time, who protects you and comforts you so cast all your cares on Him and He will use you in a wonderful way to bring about a change in others lives. I really believe that.

O

OFM

choose unconditional agape love choose not to hate at all ever amen.

F

Fractal_Curve

You're eighteen. If it's that bad, move out.

O

OFM

Curve your a bad Tri-Angle at best.

S

shirley

I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH SISTER ITS NOT EASY MY HUSBAND DOESNT BELIEVE IN GOD MY DAUGHTER DOESNT EITHER SHE BLAMES GOD FOR EVERYTHING I THINK YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM ANYWAY GOD SAYS THE WORLD HATE ME FIRST THEY WILL HATE YOU YOU SEEM LIKE A VERY SWEET LADY I WOULD LIKE TO BE YOUR FRIEND AND SUPPORT YOU ANYWAY I CAN EMAIL ME AND ENCOURAGE YOU IF YOU FEEL DOWN PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER KEEP FAITH IN GOD OK SISTER GOD LOVES YOU SO DO I

R

River_W

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I think I kind of know how you feel. I'm not the only Christian in my house, but I'm the only one that has expresses it, and it causes trouble. My mother and I don't get along AT ALL either, and she has told me to leave if she doesn't like how she runs things. (The whole family is convinced she has anger issues, but she denies it.) I am fortunate though that I don't get stuck being a mother for my little brothers though. My family is quite functional overall.

Here's some of my advice. I hope it helps a bit. Feel free to message me if you need anything else!

Firstly: Pray, pray, pray. I see you're already doing that, which is very good. Bringing it all to God first and not letting anger, frustration, fear, etc. boil inside of us feels so much better. It is so easy to let those feelings get the best of us, and it causes us to sin and it makes the situation worse, overall.
I like the Corinthians verse Bea22 shared with you. It's a good one to keep in mind. Personally, I like reading Psalms when I'm stressed out about home.

Second: Make sure you have support from friends and other family around you in case you really feel the need to move out. If you haven't spoken to anyone over there about your situation at home, I would advise you find someone you trust and see if anything can be worked out. Always have a backup plan should anything go awry.

Third: I've noticed that with my mom, no matter how hard I try to convince her, I can't change her mind about anything--even when trying to explain the right vs. wrong thing to do. It causes more arguments and puts a lot of pressure on an already strained relationship. You, being the only Christian in the house, probably see and think about things a lot differently. I'm not saying that your mother doesn't have any clarity, but you have claimed Christ and your mind is being conformed to His. If our mothers are anything alike, getting her to realize the hurt she is causing usually doesn't go to well...
It good that you still do your best to respect your mother and serve your family. You have to do what you can to keep a measure of peace around the house. It is the right thing to do. Stay strong, and when God leads you to speak out, stand your ground and do so. Matthew 5:11-12 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heave..." Looking at the other beatitudes is probably a good idea. They are a good reminder about how we should live and treat others.
No matter how hard we try, we can't convert people. Only God does that, and it is in God's own time. We are instruments of the Lord. We can be sowers of the seeds, but it is God that tills the ground and prepares the heart to be transformed and transforms it.

Fourth and finally: If and when things cool down between you two, sometimes simply sitting down and having a civil conversation resolves a few things. It's always worth a try.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep your head up, Andri'a. Surely, God will show you the way.

In Christ,
River

O

OFM

River,Shirley,Bea-Light i will remember you all in prayerfully prayed prayer and you r all in my prayer journal book all you Sisters In Christ,be blessed right now and 4ever eternally allways amen..............