How to find new friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sidnancy

I am a immigrant to Australia, living alone for quite a long time. Recently I got severe depression because of poor health and isolation. I like music and reading, but am not good at socializing with people. I don't think pub to be a good place to meet people. also I don't like alcohol. Could anybody advise me on how to make friends in an English-speaking country?

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I would find a church where you're comfortable going. It will take time but get involved and you'll make friends.

Y

Yuanyuan

Could you go to find a church.I would pray for you

M

MatthewMichael

I am a immigrant to Australia, living alone for quite a long time. Recently I got severe depression because of poor health and isolation. I like music and reading, but am not good at socializing with people. I don't think pub to be a good place to meet people. also I don't like alcohol. Could anybody advise me on how to make friends in an English-speaking country?
I just moved too. Makin' friends, especially the good kind, can be tough... But luckily the good kind tend to hang out in good places. Church would be a good bet. Google Christian events in your area.

As far as you being, "not good at socializing with people." I do not believe you. The very fact that you wrote a perfectly succinct paragraph to ask a question demonstrates that you can communicate well. Either way, if you go into a conversation thinking, "I am bad at socializing," you will probably come off as awkward. You type well. I bet you're a great socializer. Claim it sister!

My only advise would be to focus on giving. Trying to help others is something many people don't do and don't encounter frequently, so when they do come across an uplifting personality, they may be very thankful and open their hearts, and even if they aren't, nothing feels better than giving/loving others. God designed us for it.

Ps. don't forget to smile :D

I

isaria

Church may be good for you.
gyms may steal something (not saying it be money but something worth more)from you and not be pro and only make self while stealing from you instead of encourage it about them . better jog yourself but then one has to find music perhaps and i have none at moment jog and low energy with but you may and could meet people out jogging
but you could try church

have you got hobbies?

Lucky you dont have stalkers etc violate you and do crime to and on you.

You can try online like a chat site.

maybe you could play some sport but you might get discriminated , bullied and hated lol

specially if you dont do physical labour with your body....or id you speak in sign language thats a different than usual one.

no, not . you won't.

Maybe you can join a hobby or

Somehow, it does not feel so welcoming , loving "that a spirit" ....
Because you want to find quality people and if you surrounded by people spreading lies and stealing and isolating you then .
Specially if you been abused, betrayed, stolen from etc to many times.
as mentioned hells fire club are often educated such as politicians, drs etc and how many names they can use and all their names are this way and theres many of them in on it.
They use profession education or should say miss use and if government are stealing and lying ...and people are beleiving them.not only for sadist use and kinky sex that is raped and uncocecnted.

I am also in australia and isolated, lonely, depressed and alone and had cancer afraid still of people and what went on and have no friends be with etc
They laughed when got cancer and said you cant have taxi cross borders to hospital but it 10 minute drive and taxis cross that every day but every single tai company said no and were rude.
After surgery they were awful and some were travelling world , take credit my work and leve me as a bullied, hated meatloaf .
they said i dont deserve food or good things and i was workaholic and they were taking credit for it and taking my money.
Not mention how much tax i been paying......
set world record in tax paying .....
and treated badly.

need access my money and have own home with love and good spirits and not be alone.

Underatand what feel like feel alone and depressed but i rather be alone than with them.....

Am 35 yrs old now and about 3 yrs since cancer surgery and going back check up and tests soon and am so alone, no one be with through it who is real and on top of that stalked by my enemies who tied me up, raped me, and did evil astounding thinsg to many times who and all they are.

Am thinking dance class may be nice.
I saw people dance rockn roll and swing this day and it looked to feel so good if one gets in to it.

Would love to dance.

To afraid go church at moment and also have people been stalking me that i am trying to remove from me in every way shape and form .They have done illegal, immoral and evil things that is beyond me and been stealing so much from me and felt and got so much from it .

Also have money, assets etc that Is mine and i worked very very incredibly hard for and that they been stealing and then isolaing me and doing bad things.

had this thing.... looked like middle but was more like if you have a thong on right side of body and cut all way.
side was cut of leaving like 1%? live in and rest taken over by enemies.
4 times a name crucified, and 11 times night , one time 9 .

Like one cup gives and is always empty and tired and other cup full but is full by because been stealing and then walk round lying.
Theres people i want nothing to do with and at one point it was beyond what explain all that was going on.
a woman that stalks me , been stealing, took credit for my work and is my enemy who i will never forgive and who forses herself upon me gets under my skin disrespectfully .

Cant begin to explain all that been but do know some great people in world that i want to be with and these absolutely awful people are in the way of that by spreading lies, doing illegal things they have, tieing up, raping, stalking and list goes on.

its been to many times.

There is a man I want to be with i chatted with but never met irl as such and theres beautiful good people in world and these awful people will not leave me alone and they are educated and took money so i can not relocate where to live because not been able access my money and assets so been forsed live in there place and it does not feel good.Its isolated and no love or communication and have no energy .

i feel so violated, like raped inside.

This woman came around me just this afternoon and i have a restrainingorder and want nothing to do with her or these people who been stealing from me and doing astounding things.
I want nothing to do with them.

She plastic surgery look like me and is my enemy and i feel so violated every day and raped.
theres not two of me and cheating a little doesnt cut it.
My prenup for marriage : not have anything to do with these people any way shape form and we must remove them every way shape form and be with true friends, a better people.

I met a beautiful catholic man and truly want to be with him but this horrid female who obsessed, stalker and a few others stand in way and i need them removed from me in every way shape and form.

Its actually in court and not for the first time.

I am proceeding with court case but they have no respect what so ever a no is a no.
got restrainingorder but keep violating it.
May god forgive them for i will never forgive them with any of who i am, to many times and to bad a crimes.

cant say here such things have happened....

I

isaria

sorry, got side tracked .... lol

But its relevant for if you are lonely but if onto that hated, stalked etc....it makes making friends more difficult.

In sweden a female is currently in court a whole group of people had spread lies about her in a media network and with her picture and everyone beleived it and truths were beyond twisted.
Luckily for her they found guilty and will be removed from her restrainingorder as they been stalking her also.
One of them was her closest or only friend she once had.

If you have hobbies, that could be way meet people.
Or studies or work or exercise .

maybe you like learn to dance also.
I would loooooooove to dance.
One of my dreams is to dance with partner like or similar saw today but with my real body.

Maybe you could visit a senior citizen centre.
I may be doing this such as a swing class or knit class.

Best wishes and blessings.

for you and us lonely isolated people.

I

isaria

focus on giving does not always help.....
I been giving giving giving
both paid labour but not physical but also done volunteer work and my timers were at one point out of control and i got no for it....... not even assessed money worked so hard for.
What i do charity/volunter work thats free...... but what i get paid for and paid tax, dont want that stolen or others take credit for my work so i cant pay my way around , home live etc etc...

H

hattiebod

focus on giving does not always help.....
I been giving giving giving
both paid labour but not physical but also done volunteer work and my timers were at one point out of control and i got no for it....... not even assessed money worked so hard for.
What i do charity/volunter work thats free...... but what i get paid for and paid tax, dont want that stolen or others take credit for my work so i cant pay my way around , home live etc etc...
Isaria, dear daughter of the King., I have read quite a few of your posts here on CC and please forgive my assumptions...but you sound distressed, confused and maybe need to find additional, preofessional help and support. More than a forum like CC can offer. It's lovely you can come in here, but i read your posts and suspect you have deeper needs. Do you have a doctor you could visit? Tell of your concerns? There are support groups available....I pray you will get the loving support I suspect you need and you will reach stable ground once more. God Bless you, <><

S

Sidnancy

Thanks for your kind comment and advice. I will remember the good people appear in good places.

J

Johnsie

I think its a good topic. I have trouble making friends quite a bit. I go to church. I live in a small town. But I have trouble finding people that can relate to me and vice versa. Good Luck and you are not alone. Johnsie

C

CanadianGuy86

Join a sports team or volunteer somewhere or another activity that you like doing. That's what I usually do.

J

jerusalem

walk a really cute dog esp a puppy. borrow one if you don't have your own. a baby in a stroller works well too. this works well for both genders. people will come up and talk to you. public transportation is another way. ask for directions. people like to give directions. laundromats and libraries are good places to start conversations and always make friends of the check out people at the stores. it may sound silly but i have moved around a lot and these are the quick start methods

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I've notice that cute girls really love babies.
If they see a baby, it's like a magnet, they just all come running over.

So I always thought I'd borrow somebody's baby, and just take it to the mall and cruise around.

As fate would have it, nobody wanted to lend me a baby to pick up chicks.
: )

May 3, 2013
Hi! I have a friend going tomorrow to Aussie... Her name is Monica Sikas. I hope she meets you there (I´m going to pray for that).

M

maverickman

Hi Sidnancy. I can empathize with your situation. While i did not move to a different country I am a NY transplant to the south. Come to think of it, its a lot like moving to a new country. I go to a big church do to a seriously introverted personality. Basically i blend in. If someone talks to me i will respond but the idea of starting a conversation face to face just for the sake of talking to someone just to talk is unnerving at best.

For this reason i pretty much live on sites like this where i can talk but not be seen. Recently i have been trying to make real life friends but i am sorely out of practice. Even when i was in the Marines I went through Scout Sniper School and became a spotter. I only had to interact with one person on a regular bases. Sure i had officers and NCO's to deal with but again I just blended in.

I wish you all the good fortune in finding friends in your new environment. Please keep us updated on how it goes. You could very well be an inspiration to others to get out there.