How to get alone when loneliness is crowding your heart.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Have you ever been so crowded and suffocated by loneliness that you just need to get alone?

We read many posts in these forums from single people expressing their pain about being alone. Loneliness can crowd the single heart, suffocating it at times.

How do we get alone when crowded out by loneliness? Is there a simple way? Is there a solution or remedy?

For me, the best way i can tell loneliness to leave me alone, is to stare self-pity in the eyes, and say I don't need its' company. I can get away from the crowding of loneliness by realizing I'm not the only one. I'm part of a very large crowd who has the same experience.

How do you get alone from the crowding of loneliness when it gets to you?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Go for a long drive down a road you have never been down before. The world is full of possibilities just waiting to be discovered. Go to a new church before or after your usual service.

Go root for a local high school team. :)

The world is your burrito, feel free to put what ever you want into it. :D

F

frankleespeaking

The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, single people always long for companionship, and the married with children always long for solitude and time alone.......lol

L

Liz01

- Pray asking God for strenght and comfort

- Think that im not the only one

- Think in all the problems that married ppl have

- Count all the good things i have now

- Count all the good things that i had and i did in the past because i had time enough

- Do something i enjoy a lot

- Do something i can not do if i were married

- Think in all the ppl i have met and love in the past (friends and family)

- Remember one thing that happened with each member of my family

- Comfort someone that feels alone

- Make a plan of something i want to do in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djness

I understand the the idea of taking comfort in knowing other people share lonliness, but that seems to me like a starving person could take comfort in knowing others are starving, it won't stop you from dying of hunger.

And yes I think people have actually died from lonliness.

I have had loneliness it attacks and subsides.

I don't think other then being with a person who you know loves you can cure it.

and unfortunately yes,,, single loneliness seems to have its opposite in marital misery

J

Jullianna

This is probably going to sound wierd, but I actually like being alone most of the time. I can go all day and not talk with a soul and be just fine. I travel a lot for work and I really enjoy it. I talk to God alot. All day long. I observe things. I watch people. I read/study a lot. :) I stay busy. Probably too busy (work/teaching dance/friends & family & church/dog rescue)

But there are times late at night when the quiet gets extremely loud. During those times, I play/write music. It's my therapy. :)

Other than God, what helps most? My dog :)

L

latinkg

God helps all single persons, because you know God that's not good for them