How to heal from a cheating Ex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 1, 2023
I can't get my ex out of my head. I keep having nightmares about her making fun of me and cheating. I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I've been praying everyday, at this point I'm what to do, I'm over her but the thoughts won't leave my head and it causes emotional pain and interferes with my daily routine.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Experience from an 'old timer'.
Most likely, especially a first marriage there may always be some lingering thoughts, which is
not uncommon. Many years ago, after a divorce I was 'sulking' for about a year till I realized I
was kicking my own butt. I made up my mind to get over it and move on with my life, and man-up,
it's not the end of the world.

'Stay busy and do your thing and if you have God in your life then you are one up on me when I
went through a divorce God had not become a part of my life. Be thankful for what you have and
know that often things happen for a reason...believe it!

280983 - Copy.jpg :)

Apr 1, 2023
"Experience from an 'old timer'.
Most likely, especially a first marriage there may always be some lingering thoughts, which is
not uncommon. Many years ago, after a divorce I was 'sulking' for about a year till I realized I
was kicking my own butt. I made up my mind to get over it and move on with my life, and man-up,
it's not the end of the world.

'Stay busy and do your thing and if you have God in your life then you are one up on me when I
went through a divorce God had not become a part of my life. Be thankful for what you have and
know that often things happen for a reason...believe it!

View attachment 250061 :)
Thank you for the advice, God Bless

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!
:)

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
I can't get my ex out of my head. I keep having nightmares about her making fun of me and cheating. I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I've been praying everyday, at this point I'm what to do, I'm over her but the thoughts won't leave my head and it causes emotional pain and interferes with my daily routine.
I've been there and it is devastating. What always seems to help me through difficult things is prayer and fasting.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
God often protects His children from the strange woman before it becomes the permanent commitment of marriage..
One thing you can do is to commit it to the Lord as often as she comes to mind, pray, and stay in His Word. If you don't have a 2-3X day bible reading routine, that will help a lot. Don't waste this suffering. Use it to propel you closer to the Lord. If you aren't 100% certain that you are going to heaven, please watch this video.
How to Become 100%

Lastly, learn from your mistakes with this one. You don't want to go through this again. Careful to follow the Proverbs advice.
Avoid sluts like they have AIDS.
Set the standards against physical relations before marriage. I was the one that said No to premarital contact in past relationships. You can't trust the flesh or that of the woman. Only date those who are on the same page (sincerely) about the topic in the link.

One more thing, when thoughts of her come to mind, tell your brain NO ! and make it be under submission to God's Word that you keep in your pocket to memorize through the day. Avoid any female relationships for a good while..

If you need self discipline to establish those, I recommend a good martial art class to help you accomplish those goals by integration of stress busting physical activity. FMA Filipino Martial Arts are usually good about leaving out the weird Eastern religions. I developed my own Combat system, but am in WV.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Ya might try forgiving her. You are never going to forget. Please dont let her have that much control over you. Being rightly advised above to stay away from sluts , remember not to be one.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
God often protects His children from the strange woman before it becomes the permanent commitment of marriage..
One thing you can do is to commit it to the Lord as often as she comes to mind, pray, and stay in His Word. If you don't have a 2-3X day bible reading routine, that will help a lot. Don't waste this suffering. Use it to propel you closer to the Lord. If you aren't 100% certain that you are going to heaven, please watch this video.
How to Become 100%

Lastly, learn from your mistakes with this one. You don't want to go through this again. Careful to follow the Proverbs advice.
Avoid sluts like they have AIDS.
Set the standards against physical relations before marriage. I was the one that said No to premarital contact in past relationships. You can't trust the flesh or that of the woman. Only date those who are on the same page (sincerely) about the topic in the link.

One more thing, when thoughts of her come to mind, tell your brain NO ! and make it be under submission to God's Word that you keep in your pocket to memorize through the day. Avoid any female relationships for a good while..

If you need self discipline to establish those, I recommend a good martial art class to help you accomplish those goals by integration of stress busting physical activity. FMA Filipino Martial Arts are usually good about leaving out the weird Eastern religions. I developed my own Combat system, but am in WV.
It always amazes me why some people marry the people they do...much be love. People marrying cheaters, alcoholics, drug addicts, the lazy, etc. This is not a statement on the OP but more of a general statement/observation on society.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
It always amazes me why some people marry the people they do...much be love. People marrying cheaters, alcoholics, drug addicts, the lazy, etc. This is not a statement on the OP but more of a general statement/observation on society.
I think the OP agrees with you.
I think there are a lot of reasons people marry who they do. A few common ones that I noticed are:
1. Lack of parental supervision and teaching.
How many times I have been asked for prayers from neighbors for their teen children in juvenile jail.....daughters sneaking out at night to be with guys....kids on heroin.
2. If the children aren't raised in a GOOD Church and an intact family with parents who are active believers, the world and their peers will be their influences. Temptations from the world, the flesh and the devil will be the influences. We know that the whole world lieth in wickedness.
3. There's a stark contrast between the average and those whose Christian parents invest in their children's future. Not in money, but in training up a child in the way that they should go.

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
He cheated. Which means he wasn't the one for you.

You're now free to find the one who is.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Have you tried forgiving yourself?

You did the best you could...hindsight is 20-20....foresight isn't nearly as good.