How to know who is the correct one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Clarissa84

I want your valious opinion. Thank you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I assume you mean the one correct? the person your destined to be with? hmm.... well in my opinion ppl worry to much about meeting the person of their dreams, god has one for you but perhaps you are supposed to just follow him and he will rveal the one you are seeking?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I don't.

I would say, don't rush anything and don't let anyone rush you. Time will reveal the truth of who people are for good or for worse. Give any and every relationship plenty of time. The right person will still be the right person; and the wrong person can't hold a mask indefinitely.

I don't know where i heard it but, Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is the trust that it takes to build a relationship that will stand the test of time.

A well polished turd is still a turd. Time is like the sniff test. ;)

C

Clarissa84

God always warm,always give us signals and always is interested in guide us to take the correct decitions,just we have to be aware and listen clearly His voice.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
Think of it this way, there are somethings in life which you dont understand but you pray about, and when you wait GOD just reveals them to you. but these things do not take much of your time but you just trust GOD on them and continue on what GOD has put in your hands to do. the very same with the ""RIGHT ONE"", just pray and continue with daily GODLY work

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
My answer is going to be a little different than the others so far, because I don't believe in "soul mates" or "the one". It's not meant to sound pessimistic, but rather more realistic (which I know to some can be interchangeable, ha). I just don't think that out of the millions of guys on the planet who are in my age range and who are Christians that there is only one that I'd be compatible with for marriage.

I think it's more about a commitment than "Is he the one?" That makes me sound rather cold, as I do think love, understanding, etc. all need to be involved. But let's say that I'm dating someone who I think is "the one". We get married. He doesn't like kittens, he only tolerates mine, but it's whatever because I still love him. One week after we're married, I meet a guy who is everything that my husband is BUT he also likes kittens! What if he was actually "the one"?? That's just one example of why I think "the one" is a bit of a fantasy.

I'm not saying you have to commit to one person and then you're done because you've committed to them (not in regards to dating, at least; In marriage, most definitely it is to one person). Like Liamson said, time will tell. As you spend more time with someone, and time in prayer, you'll see what kind of person they are and whether that is someone you can be with for the rest of your life.

U

Ugly

You are right, Rachel. Soul mates, or The One, are not a biblical concept. It is actually founded in paganism.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
mhhhh i beg to differ and not to argue or anything, but what i do believe is that GOD has everything ordained and set and HE knows who we are supposed to be with. and should be with, so its more of seeking HIM and yes getting to know your spouse, but if its who GOD wants for us, then we can not say no. He knows better

Z

zaoman32

mhhhh i beg to differ and not to argue or anything, but what i do believe is that GOD has everything ordained and set and HE knows who we are supposed to be with. and should be with, so its more of seeking HIM and yes getting to know your spouse, but if its who GOD wants for us, then we can not say no. He knows better
God also gives us a gift of freewill, and by detailing a plan that we are "required" to follow, that gift is pointless and useless. God knows what is best for us, and what will make us happy in the long run, but ultimately the choice is ours, and with God at the center it is impossible to go wrong.

To answer the question at hand, I kind of answered it in another recent thread. A lot of the girls around my age in my area that I would be interested in are not Christians, and the ones that are I have absolutely no compatibility with whatsoever, or they are already married (I'm not about to pack up and leave my kids just to chase after girls). Outside of that any christian women I do find things common with and talk to are in their late 40's to 50's. So I know that when one comes along that I am compatible with, and is single and under 40 and willing to be with me, then I won't have to worry about waiting much longer.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
God also gives us a gift of freewill, and by detailing a plan that we are "required" to follow, that gift is pointless and useless. God knows what is best for us, and what will make us happy in the long run, but ultimately the choice is ours, and with God at the center it is impossible to go wrong.

To answer the question at hand, I kind of answered it in another recent thread. A lot of the girls around my age in my area that I would be interested in are not Christians, and the ones that are I have absolutely no compatibility with whatsoever, or they are already married (I'm not about to pack up and leave my kids just to chase after girls). Outside of that any christian women I do find things common with and talk to are in their late 40's to 50's. So I know that when one comes along that I am compatible with, and is single and under 40 and willing to be with me, then I won't have to worry about waiting much longer.
Consider Hosea man, GOD told Him to marry a prostitute. Hosea was i believe a prophet, what compatibility is there between a prophet and a Prostitute? free will indeed, but really when we are in CHRIST we are prisoners to HIM (in an optimistic way). when we GIVE OUR LIVES over, we no longer are in control of them. but He guides us, Levels with our misunderstandings, and many more. so i would say that its way more than what we understand what GOD wants for us. provided He has a total different plan for EACH and EVERYONE of us. there could be similarities but they are NOT the same.

so what i would say to conclude is that, WALK with GOD, and do the assigned work HE gave us, living with Him step by step, and when HE sees fit, He put us to sleep and give us our EVE. but what matters first? As GOD saw that ADAM needed a wife, so HE should put it in our hearts and lives the need to have one in HIS TIME. not that we should HURRY HIM up because everyone else is getting married, nope. HIS time should be our time.

God bless.

C

Clarissa84

Consider Hosea man, GOD told Him to marry a prostitute. Hosea was i believe a prophet, what compatibility is there between a prophet and a Prostitute? free will indeed, but really when we are in CHRIST we are prisoners to HIM (in an optimistic way). when we GIVE OUR LIVES over, we no longer are in control of them. but He guides us, Levels with our misunderstandings, and many more. so i would say that its way more than what we understand what GOD wants for us. provided He has a total different plan for EACH and EVERYONE of us. there could be similarities but they are NOT the same.

so what i would say to conclude is that, WALK with GOD, and do the assigned work HE gave us, living with Him step by step, and when HE sees fit, He put us to sleep and give us our EVE. but what matters first? As GOD saw that ADAM needed a wife, so HE should put it in our hearts and lives the need to have one in HIS TIME. not that we should HURRY HIM up because everyone else is getting married, nope. HIS time should be our time.

God bless.
Very true my dear.. :)