How will we be judged?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

feedm3

Rev. 20
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So....you know for a FACT that not ONE person being judged above has their name in the book of life?

As a matter of fact...according to your logic.....if, as you claim, "...And each person at this judgment will be found guilty", then that would mean there will be NO NAMES in the book of life.

Readers.....does it make sense that God would take the time to have a judgement, read what these have done from a book and then decide that not ONE of them are worthy and that ALL will be condemned AND still have a book of life with not one name in it?

Common sense people. Just use common sense!

Lol yea that would be pretty pointless...Yet some must come up with something in order to escape the passages explicitly saying all will be judged.

Feb 11, 2012
Quote:

He paid our entry fee

So does this mean all sins are pre forgiven when you just confess and accept Jesus as your savior???

Jesus made it clear:

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

You will be judged on the condition Jesus finds you in, or the condition you die in, so IF He paid the price in full, aka penal substitution, then I guess you can be a backsliden Christian, and on your way to heaven!

Salvation isnt a covering for sin, but deliverance from its bondage, and to say all is paid makes Jesus a sin replacement not a sin offering.

Feb 11, 2012
CONFESS OR REPENT!
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Quote from most ministries today:
“When a person confesses the fact that he is a sinner and acknowledges Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, his spirit is reborn”.
This seems to be the biggest obstacle to get over in the professing Christian world today. To them this confession is equivalent to repentance, and admitting you are a depraved sinner is more humbling than forsaking your evil ways, stop sinning then seek the mercy of God, such as the city of Nineveh did. This is a glaring example of what Christianity has become, where there is no clearing or accountability before God, you come to Him on your perceived notions of mere men, then receive the Holy Spirit of God through a confession over stopping and clearing of any wrong doing. Thus a still defiled and double minded convert receives the Holy Spirit! You had better be sure before you call those who teach otherwise heretics, false teachers and worse.
Jesus and His devout followers clearly preached repentance unto life, they preached the sin stops in repentance or the heart hardens, they preached go and sin no more, not go and sin some more, they preached depart from iniquity, pluck it out, cast it away, forsake it( kill it), cut it off at the root, cut it off and out, strive to bloodshed in STOPPING the sin if need be, he who sins is of the devil, crucify(kill)your flesh with Him, walk in newness of life, the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom, and many more powerful warnings that totally contradict this just confess, acknowledge, accept, then you are reborn and eternally saved.
Please note, that there are some verses that seem to imply that all’s a sinner needs to do is confess and accept Jesus to be saved, but you can also use scripture to try and prove murder is ok, or that the sky is pink etc., but this has no influence what so ever on the ones who dig deep, compare spiritual with spiritual, not a snippet here and a snippet there, to try and prove their doctrines are correct.
Here are just a few verses that clearly contradict the saved IN sin, confess and accept message, as all through scripture from Genesis to Revelation, the word is clear:
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Psa 18:20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
Psa 18:21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Isa 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Jer 26:13 Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luk 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

There are many more powerful scriptures that go against this just confess and you are in formula to salvation, many will say to confess is all that is needed, as to them to confess means you make a mental commitment to stop the rebellion against God, which is a part of repentance, but they go no further.
But IF you compare word to word, and make sure the scriptures harmonize together, you can clearly see a huge contradiction in the confess and accept way to the cross verses the repent and obey way to the cross!
You cannot be wrong on this, either the word is in great compromise or you are!
Dig deep as Jesus warned, build your foundation on solid ground, not sinking sand as the modern teachers and ministries teach today.
The confess and accept way to the cross is why Christianity is in the state it’s in today, where its normal for professing Christians to be walking in the darkness and light at the same time, to be a vile sinner, then blame their sin nature on their folly, to blame God they were created evil, or even that His he created them to be a homosexual. This teaching is producing a world gone mad, a church that has become the laughing stock of the world, where few are coming to a saving faith because the preachers and ministers are teaching this confess and accept plan, instead of repent, obey, and follow Jesus plan, that saves you out of your sin, coming broken and useful to be used by the master, clear and free from all know vile and rebellious sins against God. That He commanded you in the first place to forsake, and stop, before He would relent and consider any forgiveness and pardon of wrong doing!
Now the word of God makes sense, the word comes alive as we become accountable to it, it becomes our bread of life, our anchor, and rock of salvation, as we strive to walk the pure and holy life God has granted to us, giving us all we need In His son, to walk a blameless live, overcoming the world, the lies coming out of the churches, and the snare of the devil, who boldly proclaims all you have to is just confess you sin, then accept Jesus, then you are saved and filled with the sprit! I wish it was this simple, but Jesus made it crystal clear, FEW of the FEW will be saved, so strive to enter, repent and forsake all known rebellious sin against God, and receive with meekness the implanted word that can save your soul!
Pro 28:13 He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.
Tommy 12-5-12

PS. Being a true follower of Christ isn’t about joining a church to your liking, getting saved IN you sins through this confession formula, then spending the rest of your Christian life learning how the word of God doesn’t apply to you, no its about purity, sincerity and love,, obeying God from your heart, keeping His commands, and following Jesus example on the narrow road, you die to sin and rebellion once and for all in repentance!

E

eternally-gratefull

Rev. 20
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So....you know for a FACT that not ONE person being judged above has their name in the book of life?

As a matter of fact...according to your logic.....if, as you claim, "...And each person at this judgment will be found guilty", then that would mean there will be NO NAMES in the book of life.

Readers.....does it make sense that God would take the time to have a judgement, read what these have done from a book and then decide that not ONE of them are worthy and that ALL will be condemned AND still have a book of life with not one name in it?

Common sense people. Just use common sense!

Common sense?? Lets see common sense.

1. Death and hell were delivered to Christ.
2. Death and hell cast into the lake of fire

Now can we use common sense to understand that death and hell delivered TO CHRIST are the same as the death and hell judged BY CHRIST?

But we do not just have to stop here. We can see what Jesus himself says about what will happen to his children.

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

or how about this one?

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

we are raised glorified in a second, where is the great white throne first before we are glorified?

2 Corinthians 4:14
knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

Notice the theme in all these passages? We are not DELIVERED TO CHRIST FOR JUDGMENT, we are RAISED BY HIM THROUGH THE FATHER IN GLORY OF CHRIST.

now you want to talk about logic?

E

eternally-gratefull

Lol yea that would be pretty pointless...Yet some must come up with something in order to escape the passages explicitly saying all will be judged.

All will be judged, But not all will suffer the same judgment. You just don;t want to believe only death and hades will be delivered to Christ for final judgment and found guilty. Because you would have to give up your legalism. You need to be at this judgment so your works can count toward your salvation.

Read my above comment, We are RAISED BY GOD TO GLORY, they are DELIVERED TO CHRIST FOR JUDGMENT.

F

feedm3

All will be judged, But not all will suffer the same judgment. You just don;t want to believe only death and hades will be delivered to Christ for final judgment and found guilty. Because you would have to give up your legalism. You need to be at this judgment so your works can count toward your salvation.

Read my above comment, We are RAISED BY GOD TO GLORY, they are DELIVERED TO CHRIST FOR JUDGMENT.
Lol, back on the attack, EG style!

How is it that I "dont want to believe death and Hades will be dilieverd to Christ?"

Death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire - AND?

"legalism"? or your licentious gospel cannot have God's people being judged for any unrepentant sin because that would mean you must give it up.

So you ignore what Paul wrote to the Corinthians that "All" will be judged by the things done in his body, because if that is true then Paul is telling Christians they are going to be judged, and you WONT have that.

Let me guess, it was another invisible group within the Cor church, he was speaking about.

Sense you believe it is impossible for you to ever fall into sin, because you dont have freewill anymore, none of this matters to you anyway.

F

feedm3

Common sense?? Lets see common sense.

1. Death and hell were delivered to Christ.
2. Death and hell cast into the lake of fire

Now can we use common sense to understand that death and hell delivered TO CHRIST are the same as the death and hell judged BY CHRIST?

But we do not just have to stop here. We can see what Jesus himself says about what will happen to his children.

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

or how about this one?

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

we are raised glorified in a second, where is the great white throne first before we are glorified?

2 Corinthians 4:14
knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

Notice the theme in all these passages? We are not DELIVERED TO CHRIST FOR JUDGMENT, we are RAISED BY HIM THROUGH THE FATHER IN GLORY OF CHRIST.

now you want to talk about logic?

Yes please talk about Logic. You did not answer his questions, that are simple and logical.

So you do believe that their is an empty book of life that will be opened to see if any of the already doomed are in it, only to see they are not, which is already known, sense it is written?????? LOGIC????

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
i trust God Rickyz, i'm sure God knows what He is doing. Specifics isn't really faith anyway, is it? Faith isn't knowing, faith is believing.
That's all true, but God doesn't want our faith to be blind. He wants us thru our faith to know His will, His, plan, our future... if not the Bible would be but one sentence - Trust Me, love God. People need to know the price of their infractions, not just say "I trust God" and then find out oh wow. Not while they have the chance to avoid the oh wow, but how are they going to know if they're not told? That's a big thing the darkies have bred out of the environment, the world says such and such is bad but unless you're in the media spotlight there's no consequence to your actions. So yeah you say "I'll be judged" but you don't picture any consequences to it.

Have faith in God, but know there are consequences.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Psalm 1:5- Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
That verse is about Judgment Seat of Christ for those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. They will not be judged and condemned for their past sinful life at this time as they have repented and believed in Christ and are forgiven. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life (John 5:24).
However, we cannot read scriptures in isolation but must examine the other side of the fence as well.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1).
Rev 3:5- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 20:15- And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:7-8
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
It is possible for a believer to become an unbeliever hence the bible is full of warnings against backsliding and falling away from faith. If a Christian walks after the flesh after salvation, lives in unrepentant sin and carnality, their name will be blotted out of the book of life and will eventually stand condemned in the Great White Throne Judgment with sinners. However there is still chance to rededicate your life to God. The Lord is always ready to forgive and restore those that come in repentance.

E

eternally-gratefull

Lol, back on the attack, EG style!

How is it that I "dont want to believe death and Hades will be dilieverd to Christ?"

Death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire - AND?

See where your pride come is Freedom? And you can;t even see it. Death and hades are DELIVERED TO CHRIST FOR JUDGMENT. and as you just admited. THY WILL BE CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

So IF THEY ARE CAST IN LAKE OF FIRE. Where are Gods children at this time? Who as scripture has said, has passed from judgment to life? I guess this means nothing to you

"legalism"? or your licentious gospel cannot have God's people being judged for any unrepentant sin because that would mean you must give it up.

Oh I get it. You remember and know every sin you have ever committed. thus have nothing you call "unrepentant"? You must be like God. and know all things.

So you ignore what Paul wrote to the Corinthians that "All" will be judged by the things done in his body, because if that is true then Paul is telling Christians they are going to be judged, and you WONT have that.

They will be judged for all they have done. And either recieve reward. or be left standing with nothing to show for it. But as Paul said, even those with nothing will still be saved, as though through fire. But you do not want to hear it. Because you need to have a part in your salvation. Because you do not trust Christ.

The unbeliever will be judged for all they have done also. Although they will not get reward. They will be delievered, and cast out As you even just admitted.

Can you explain why Jesus said in John 6 whoever places faith in him will never die, and be risen by him on the last day? why are we risen by him, But they have to be delivered to him? Why does it not say that they are risen by him to stand at the great white throne if we all stand it??

Let me guess, it was another invisible group within the Cor church, he was speaking about.

Sense you believe it is impossible for you to ever fall into sin, because you dont have freewill anymore, none of this matters to you anyway.

lol. You continue to prove you have no clue what I believe, why don't believe in free will? why don;t you go to the calvanist/arminian thread where I am preaching for freewill before you try sticking your foot in your mouth again!

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes please talk about Logic. You did not answer his questions, that are simple and logical.

So you do believe that their is an empty book of life that will be opened to see if any of the already doomed are in it, only to see they are not, which is already known, sense it is written?????? LOGIC????

So you can not respond to what I posted, or refute any of what it says, and all you can do is make an attack. Thanks.

As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. You keep trying to work to earn your gift of grace..

F

feedm3

You have no choice, because it's impossible for you to fall into sin remember? If it's impossible then choice cannot be a factor. Did you tell them that at the other thread?

So stay over there and continue disagreeing with them, only to agree with then here.

F

feedm3

So you can not respond to what I posted, or refute any of what it says, and all you can do is make an attack. Thanks.

As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord. You keep trying to work to earn your gift of grace..
Still no answer

E

eternally-gratefull

You have no choice, because it's impossible for you to fall into sin remember? If it's impossible then choice cannot be a factor. Did you tell them that at the other thread?

So stay over there and continue disagreeing with them, only to agree with then here.

lol. Yeah I see, John is a liar. and we should listen to you.. Thanks but I will listen to john.

Again. Keep on working, If you think you will be at the great white throne, thats fine. But I warn you. Read what it says about all who are delivered to Christ for that judgment, and what will happen to them.

F

feedm3

lol. Yeah I see, John is a liar. and we should listen to you.. Thanks but I will listen to john.

Again. Keep on working, If you think you will be at the great white throne, thats fine. But I warn you. Read what it says about all who are delivered to Christ for that judgment, and what will happen to them.
Okay thanks for the warning.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Psalm 1:5- Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
That verse is about Judgment Seat of Christ for those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. They will not be judged and condemned for their past sinful life at this time as they have repented and believed in Christ and are forgiven. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life (John 5:24).
However, we cannot read scriptures in isolation but must examine the other side of the fence as well.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1).
Rev 3:5- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.Rev 20:15- And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:7-8
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
It is possible for a believer to become an unbeliever hence the bible is full of warnings against backsliding and falling away from faith. If a Christian walks after the flesh after salvation, lives in unrepentant sin and carnality, their name will be blotted out of the book of life and will eventually stand condemned in the Great White Throne Judgment with sinners. However there is still chance to rededicate your life to God. The Lord is always ready to forgive and restore those that come in repentance.
You have to remember there's a difference between getting in and what you have when you get there. If you think we're going to float in the clouds playing harps you're sadly mistaken. Life will go on and we'll have nations and commerce once again. And where you stand in this society depends wholey (Holy?) on how much "wealth" you built up in heaven here and now. Do unto the Father in secret, right? Where and how do you think that pays off? Each awarded according to measure... Life begins, not ends, at restoration.