Humility

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Just random thoughts about what I observe here on CC.

So I've been here about a year now and I like what I've learned from so many different people and being able to see alternate views has really been a HUGE help in developing a good understanding of what is right and wrong as far as doctrine. I guess I would be considered a very young teen still in my walk, but trying my hardest to mature.

If nothing else, I have learned to weed out the extremities of bogus doctrines, which unfortunately, and not surprisingly considering my past endeavors into outrageous conspiracy theories, seemed to be hard for me to do before. I started out believing what I was taught as a kid (which was really dead on most of the time), then when I started looking for answers on my own finally, I was bombarded with every single theological outlook possible. Quite confusing for a young Christian really.

I'm scared to even look at some of the stuff I wrote from times before, even the things I spoke out of true conviction and my, at the time, current twisted view of reality. One thing I always felt I was being blessed with, was the ability to be humiliated, yes humiliated, during times when I was trying to learn, but would not listen to anyone. My pride would start to build and I get this "I'm right always" attitude and what I love about CC is that someone will be quick to come along and tear that pride down before it even has time to really get burning good. I see this ability to take correction in so many people here.

Initially, this taught me how to just shut my mouth and listen more than shooting off about any random topic that I had no clue about. This correction from other CC members has taught me an important lesson, and one that I fail to see in a lot of contributors to this site. Some people, no matter how long they've been here, cannot take correction to save their life. They will defend their view regardless of having been made a fool of by many a true statement to counter their belief. They will continue to make fools of themselves and I don't even think they realize they are doing it, or maybe they do, but their ego is so large they just can't let it go.

I just pray, and I hope that people can learn to accept these times of humility and can see through the wall of pride they build and build and build. This is especially true for the older folks. These walls they have been building for many years and tearing them down would be a difficult task. If no one has done it, try going back to past posts you've made on this site, and other sites, anywhere you have preached, or shared an opinion, and reread some of the things you have said. If you are scared to do this, like I was and still am, then it may be that there is an underlying hidden problem with the things you say and facing yourself is the hardest thing any one of us can do.

Solomon says, "Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge" and "The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin" and "Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of one who has no sense." and

* "Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

I am thankful for the correction I get from people here on CC, and without it I would still be a complete train wreck. Anyway. This is just a random post that I felt like sharing.

Oct 31, 2011
Your post is as if you are continuing the thoughts I woke up with this morning! I was thinking of Jesus as He went among the sinners and brought the gospel to many. When Jesus went to the men knowledgeable about scripture, they could not learn the gospel.

I was the same way for way for 70 years! I even had a mini tantrum over a lady who taught OT scripture in our church, saying we needed to know it. You could have asked me anything, I had almost memorized the NT, and I KNEW! Then someone convinced me that being I didn't know beans about the God principles of what God told us in the OT, I really was short on understanding.

I found a man on the net who gave classes he promised were not denominational, but the result of his bible study along with study of ancient language and culture that has been opened up to our world. He also promised to show all of it as it related to how Christ fulfilled it, how OT and NT related.

I found I didn't know all about what God tells us in scripture! I could learn to walk closer to God! Listening with humility and always keeping God and scripture close is like growth, joy, love, all that is good.