husband traveling with lady co worker

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
am I a fool?
husband will be traveling with lady co worker soon.
I think she is interested n him. I don't believe he is into her. But no one is immune to adultery
When she calls he puts her on speaker phone so I can hear.
husband has been loyal for 20 yrs except the beginning of our marriage
he repented etc etc (so I lacking trust)
but I am uncomfortable with this , he says his job and just business and the other men travel with her too. ...uh huh
Pray God will reveal the truth to me
I don't want to be Naïve!!!!
advice and prayers welcome

B

Boanerges7

We are all capable of any sin, at anytime. You state that he has been loyal for 20 years, and he has worked with this woman for some period of time I'm sure. Nothing has happened. If it was what you're imagining, it probably would have happened already. If you feel he deserves mistrust for something that has occurred 20 years ago, then trust God to protect and continue to heal your marriage, and to help you trust again. Trust is implicit, but yet forgiveness is not a matter of choice for a believer. You must have said you've forgiven (being your still with him), I believe he deserves your trust now.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Thank You for the wisdom
I will trust...:)

We are all capable of any sin, at anytime. You state that he has been loyal for 20 years, and he has worked with this woman for some period of time I'm sure. Nothing has happened. If it was what you're imagining, it probably would have happened already. If you feel he deserves mistrust for something that has occurred 20 years ago, then trust God to protect and continue to heal your marriage, and to help you trust again. Trust is implicit, but yet forgiveness is not a matter of choice for a believer. You must have said you've forgiven (being your still with him), I believe he deserves your trust now.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
By putting her on speaker phone when she calls, your husband seems to be trying to reassure you that he has no interest in this woman. I would pray about it and trust your husband. Praying for peace for you.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I agree with the others -- it's time to put a little trust in your hubby. I think it speaks volumes that he puts her on speaker phone -- seems like he is trying to re-coup the lost trust.

You gotta trust God on this as well -- only He can truly heal you of your mistrust -- rely on Him.

W

ww_21

I don't think he is interested in her but.. I will be praying for you.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Kim, this is paranoia. Please trust your husband and God. God is in control. No matter what happens.

Praying God can help you through these fears and anxieties.

C

CRC

Your concerns are warranted. But God is a hearer of prayer(Ps. 65:2)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
You say he was unfaithful around 20 years ago and he repented around 20 years ago? How much time will it take for you to trust him?
Have you told him how your feeling about this before coming on here and telling us? If not, go back and open up to your husband before us.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
to trust him, is better than to not trust him.
If a woman works in a buissness field with men, she will have to travel with them (same the other way round).
And to have those mens spouces be mistrusting is strange (at least to me, who was very happy, when another woman started working in my departement).

People can work together without thinking "those" thoughts.
And if someone strays, he finds oppertunity in unexpected fields.
An untrusting partner helps oneself to become untrustworthy, because if the person that knows one best, does not trust, one may start believing, there is no reason to be trustworthy.

It is difficult to trust again, if that trust had been broken. But you have to rely on god and on your hubby that he will be protected and for example call you instead of doing somethiing wrong. Temptations are always in our lives. One of those templations is to give in to jealosy and harshness due to unfair mistrust.

N

nimbus3852

Back in the 50s the woman's place was the home, women's lib brought women to the workforce.