HYPOCRISY IN OURSELVES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Heedfulness or Hypocrisy in Ourselves?
03-31-2014
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death —1 John 5:16
If we are not heedful and pay no attention to the way the Spirit of God works in us, we will become spiritual hypocrites. We see where other people are failing, and then we take our discernment and turn it into comments of ridicule and criticism, instead of turning it into intercession on their behalf. God reveals this truth about others to us not through the sharpness of our minds but through the direct penetration of His Spirit. If we are not attentive, we will be completely unaware of the source of the discernment God has given us, becoming critical of others and forgetting that God says, “. . . he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death.” Be careful that you don’t become a hypocrite by spending all your time trying to get others right with God before you worship Him yourself.
One of the most subtle and illusive burdens God ever places on us as saints is this burden of discernment concerning others. He gives us discernment so that we may accept the responsibility for those souls before Him and form the mind of Christ about them (see Philippians 2:5). We should intercede in accordance with what God says He will give us, namely, “life for those who commit sin not leading to death.” It is not that we are able to bring God into contact with our minds, but that we awaken ourselves to the point where God is able to convey His mind to us regarding the people for whom we intercede.
Can Jesus Christ see the agony of His soul in us? He can’t unless we are so closely identified with Him that we have His view concerning the people for whom we pray. May we learn to intercede so wholeheartedly that Jesus Christ will be completely and overwhelmingly satisfied with us as intercessors.

[oswald chambers] My Utmost for His Highest.

This is one thought provoking piece of writing I have read in a while
I hope you will find it worth while reading and search your heart as I
have had to do mine. Jesus is coming back soon and we really want
to be ready in every way possible. God bless. ~ J~K~2

K

Karraster

Thank you for sharing. It's a very good reminder, much appreciated.

Feb 17, 2010
J-kay-2 what is sin unto death? And what is sin not unto death? And does the brother that sees ANOTHER BROTHER sin, have to be sinless? Only a sinles person can help a sinner! How can one sin and then pay for another that sin? Do they not need one who does not sin to pray for them BOTH?

You say God place a BURDEN of discernment on us.. So now palces burdens... Well God call the gift of discerment a gift not a burden. And I get what you try to say, I met more hypocrates than Christians to the ratio of maybe 100 000 to 1. For every true Christian we meet we will meet at least 100000 hypocrates.

What is a hypocrate? He is the spirit of the anti-christ. Oh and he looks so alike Christ. He disguise him of an angel of the light but is Satan himself. And he FOOLS MANY.... And this is what you try to say. But here is the solution to all this....

God says in 1 John 4 that we should try all spirits.... Well try them how? Put them to proof in the Bible. Do they live EXACLY like Jesus did? No! Then it is not of God. God says EVERY spirit that is of God is exactly the same as Jesus. And these ought to walk like Him. 1 John 1. God says these are the ones that sinneth not and CANNOT sin. 1 John 3:9.

Oh how many non-hyocrates did you meet in your life? How many Christ-like did you meet? And so many teach we CANNOT be like Christ but look what God says.... Romans 8:29... For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Where will I be the IMAGE of HIS SON.... HERE ON EARTH!!!!

J

J-Kay-2

Hypocrisy in Ourselves was written by Oswald Chambers. IMO a great
man of Godly wisdom.

I felt for myself he had spoke wisely and allowed me to take a closer
look within myself. I know I am not perfect. I can't begin to even say
I am near what I should be. I just pray I am doing what God has called
me to do and one day I know I will have to give an account for those
things I did not do. For me, I am trying to not be a hypocrite, but if I
appear as such, as much as it would hurt to hear, I would have to be told
so I might take it to the Lord in Prayer and repent.

Thank you for your comment.