I Acknowledged My Sin Unto Thee, And My Iniquity Have I Not Hid

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Saturday 6-17-23 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Sivan 28 5783, 90th. Spring Day

The Blessedness Of Forgiveness

Psalm 32

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.

11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen

““Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer.
Selah.

5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.”

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Like David a believer who sins and then hides it away covers it over and keeps silence about it it begins to ruin and crush the conscience when David refused to confess it ate him away , when he broke and confessed his iniquity and sins to God he found that Gods mercy towards him was real and true

We need also to have a relationship with God where the light is allowed to shine in us and reveal our sin so we can acknolwedge our sins and confess and have that understanding in our life

i think of David he was chosen as a young shepherd to be the chosen king of Gods chosen people

david the chosen one exalted the law of God but then he broke the law many times serious sins that condemn a man to death adultery plotting murder carrying out the plot and having a good man killed to cover his own sins , deceiving coveting ect

What he found was when he hid his sins away from god and everyone else it crushed him but when he acknowledged his sins and confessed them like this for example listen to David’s heart and truth and desperation and also that he’s not only confessing sin he’s asking for Gods help for God to make him right

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: According unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: And my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: That thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: And in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; That the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, And blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy spirit from me.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭51:1-11‬ ‭

God knows when we’ve done wrong already , but we also know we’ve done wrong when we do inevitably every Christian is going to realize they too have sinned and without this principle of mercy and forgiveness based on Gods goodness and not our goodness they have no chance

if we need this once or a thousand times makes no difference and makes it impossible for one to judge another person unworthy of salvstion or having that relationship with Jesus who will absolutely forgive thier sins if they confess from a repentant heart

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Sin is talked about in many main stream churches -----but iniquity is hardly ever mentioned -----

Some use sin and iniquity interchangeably but they are separate -----just like many use soul and spirit interchangeably but they are separate -----

So I wonder how many Christians really know what iniquity means in scripture--it is Iniquity that is passed on up to the third and forth generation -----it is not sin that is passed on from one generation to the other as many believe ---

Iniquity is our crooked or immoral character -----Plotting evil is iniquity -----carrying out the plot
constitutes sin -----

interesting read -----from Christianity.com

Meaning of Iniquity
Iniquity indicates a conscious decision; to commit iniquity is to proceed without repentance.

Micah 2:1 says, “Woe to those who plan iniquity, to those who plot evil on their beds! At morning’s light, they carry it out because it is in their power to do it.” In David’s psalm of repentance, he cries out to God, saying, “Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin” (Psalm 51:2).

God forgives iniquity, as He does any sort of sin when we genuinely repent (Hebrews 8:12). However, iniquity left unchecked advances to a point of intentional sin with no fear of God.

The growth of shameless sin is sometimes portrayed as a “cup of iniquity” being filled to the brim (Revelation 17:4). This often pertains to nations who have forsaken God entirely. Continued iniquity leads to irregular desires, which leads to a degenerate mind. Romans 1:28-32 describes this deviation in graphic detail.
The sons of Eli are biblical examples of sinners whom God judged for their iniquities. Rather than repent, Eli’s sons continued in their evils until remorse was no longer possible.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Sin is talked about in many main stream churches -----but iniquity is hardly ever mentioned -----

Some use sin and iniquity interchangeably but they are separate -----just like many use soul and spirit interchangeably but they are separate -----

So I wonder how many Christians really know what iniquity means in scripture--it is Iniquity that is passed on up to the third and forth generation -----it is not sin that is passed on from one generation to the other as many believe ---

Iniquity is our crooked or immoral character -----Plotting evil is iniquity -----carrying out the plot
constitutes sin -----

interesting read -----from Christianity.com

Meaning of Iniquity
Iniquity indicates a conscious decision; to commit iniquity is to proceed without repentance.

Micah 2:1 says, “Woe to those who plan iniquity, to those who plot evil on their beds! At morning’s light, they carry it out because it is in their power to do it.” In David’s psalm of repentance, he cries out to God, saying, “Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin” (Psalm 51:2).

God forgives iniquity, as He does any sort of sin when we genuinely repent (Hebrews 8:12). However, iniquity left unchecked advances to a point of intentional sin with no fear of God.

The growth of shameless sin is sometimes portrayed as a “cup of iniquity” being filled to the brim (Revelation 17:4). This often pertains to nations who have forsaken God entirely. Continued iniquity leads to irregular desires, which leads to a degenerate mind. Romans 1:28-32 describes this deviation in graphic detail.
The sons of Eli are biblical examples of sinners whom God judged for their iniquities. Rather than repent, Eli’s sons continued in their evils until remorse was no longer possible.
That’s an interesting read

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When King David wrote in his Psalms, "do not look pon the iniquity of my si" i took it to be that he did not want God to look upon the wickedness of his sins, or even the abomination of his sin.

I yet believe this to be the case when I confess my sins to the Father. I do not want to disgust Him with the guilt of my sins, rather to see Jesus Yeshua in me................ Time will tell........

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I say old Test yet Gods words are never old. Somethings I can not say anymore which I did all the time. Oh I know the create in me a clean heart oh God.. but I never gave much thought to "take not your holy Spirit from me". Never thought how does God see that? Well NT God said the holy Spirit in me will be with me forever. Now OT yes He was not in every one and as one said "then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah walked up to Micaiah and slapped him across the face. “Since when did the Spirit of the LORD leave me to speak to you?”

I know that 1st well all of John is for every believer yet I know some at that time didn't believe they had sin. So he told them.. its written if we say we have no sin.. you know the rest. What I get and I mean this not here to debate or argue but so some of you believe if you sin Christ does not forgive you unless you truly from your heart repent? I will share the last few days it started just before I went to sleep "why did I go to the Cross". At that time He said it 3 times. Then yesterday kids took me to some place to eat.. out of no where "why did I go to the cross". Anyway when I read whats written and then man ads a "but/if" to it.. well I start to wonder.

Did He God as He said OT "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” "For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” Jump to NT Christ died ooh YES AMAN! So He finds a sinner that comes to Him they repent so all there sin is forgiven BUT if they sin again its not forgiven unless they repent from their heart? Yeah I now if we confess our sins.. on and on its the "on if you repent from your heart" part (not the exact words used) I get stuck on. So He died for the sin of the past not future? Or al the past all the future.. He saw all you would ever do and died for it one sacrifice not like the OT where it was just covered but forgiven gone under the blood of Yeshua/Jesus Christ king of kings lord or lord.

See the problem? Maybe the wrong word but for me in all this is when all I did see as a believer is the sin I keep doing and reading how I won't get anything from God and I QUIT.. man this guilt trip was not worth it. He asked what is righteousness. So I never lie about any thing He has ever told me nor do I add to it or take anything away. So I told me as I had heard "righteousness is right standing with God". Its what I was told it means. He then asked how do you get righteousness? Again I answered based on what I had heard and said by believing in Jesus. I will say right after saying that.. like being in a dark room and then its filled with light or being blind and then you can see.. I for some reason could not stop crying I felt so free. I was very young then yet I learned it has to be written. I knew this was GOD talking to me I know this was a truth yet I then went to the bible to make sure I am righteous because I believe in Jesus.

So are you righteous because you only confess your sins? If you forget to repent.. what you no longer righteous? :) I am not seeing the natural but the supernatural. I have no right to sin ever. You really truly believe ever believer that has died repent of ever sin they ever did? Yeah good luck with that and there is no such thing as luck. They are with the Father because of what JESUS did...their faith in Him is why they are righteous. I just wish I could have said this much smaller.. sorry I truly struggle...yeah been at this? For a very long time. Does not come out quite like I want sorry. Not here to debate.. just I know He does not remember my sin. The best way is .. my kids? yeah they are mine family forever no matter what they do they are mine. There are kids out side that are not mine. My kids can hurt me but...they are forever mine. So if they hurt me they say sorry but nothing changes it can't.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

When King David wrote in his Psalms, "do not look pon the iniquity of my si" i took it to be that he did not want God to look upon the wickedness of his sins, or even the abomination of his sin.

I yet believe this to be the case when I confess my sins to the Father. I do not want to disgust Him with the guilt of my sins, rather to see Jesus Yeshua in me................ Time will tell........
sin leaves a stain and marks scars and it mis shapes and distorts our hearts and minds and bodies corrupts our inner places

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: And my sin is ever before me. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: And in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Hide thy face from my sins, And blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy spirit from me.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭51:2-3, 5-6, 9-11, 17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In the old times they hid from Gods presence because they knew thier sins , and he commanded them to stay away from him or die . jesus calls sinners to come near to him and live forever by healing thier sinfulness and corruption within through repentance and faith

it is only when we begin to be real with God about our sins and acknowledge that we’ve sinned that we really begin to appreciate and understand the cross

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen, well did the prophet say.
Amen brother and Paul wrote a whole chapter on that principle , two actually in one epistle

The Lord's word of his kingdom

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Matthew 7:1‭-‬2 KJV

Or Luke's witness of the same principle

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Luke 6:36‭-‬38 KJV

And so then one of his most dedicated disciples and chosen apostles begins with this principle early

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Romans 2:1‭-‬5 KJV

Nearing the end of his epic epistle he brings the lesson back again more clearly to the reader the same concept

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Romans 14:4‭, ‬9‭-‬13 KJV

This is an essential in the body we can't have love ad peace of were busy eyeballing everyone else with some righteous judgement position we fancy we have we aren't like pharisees and Levites , we can now judge all things for ourselves but we must not judge one anothers relationship with God. No matter how broken we may think it is Jesus was there with me wen I was a broken mess too and he didn't let any righteous person disqualify me from his presence , he was always wth me at the worst and so if I see it happening for another I don't know really if they are just where I and many others used to be , or maybe they aren't genuine but it just is not my place to make that call for anyone as a Christian I need to help them who need help the most without seeing them as unclean corrupters of all they touch " and just see them as believers who are still broken like i once was and truly where the great healer our savior is with the ones who really need him , and love him the savior and redeemer of sinners even the worst if we turn back to him

He's trying to bring us "sinners "to repentance and faith so we don't perish trying to call us home before the terrible storm of fire and ash