I am dealing with awful anxiety and its controling my life :'(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ash17

Hello, I need prayer on my anxieyt. I have really bad anxiety and I have dealt with it all my life. I am 16 now. I have really awful health anxiety and I really need someone to pray for me! So I will not be scared and suffer from pain. Please! I need someone to pray for me.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Hey Ash17, I have dealt with anxiety and real bad panic attacks different times throughout my life. The only thing that has really helped me is when I'm truly focusing on God's word daily and putting that in my heart/mind and continuing to meditate on it so that it is what overtakes my mind instead of the anxiety. God's words are powerful and it will really set you free! I'm praying for you =] May God's peace rule your heart!

S

shekaniah

My mama heart goes out to you!
It will be OK...just breath and know you have people who care. :)

Father surround Ash17 with your comforting spirit.
Let your Spirit Lord testify to her spirit that she is your child,
and everything is in Your control.

Give her the peace that surpasses understanding.
In Jesus loving Name, Amen

S

splendor258

:) :) :) I will include you in my prayer! Claim that you are already healed in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS! God bless your heart as always. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh for all healing, comfort , a steadfast heart and all freedom from all anxiety.

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

Sweetheart, I am so sorry. :(
When my fifth born was a very little girl, she had such terrible panic attacks she'd lay in my bed unable to tolerate any stimuli, her whole little body shaking.
It was unbearable to watch...so to experience?? Tragic.
She learned to know when the feelings were starting, and to quickly play some CDs we had that were Bible verses on fear put to music, and to pray, and this was helpful. She also was given medication, which cleared them up entirely, but was a band-aid. Then, eventually, she grew in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus.
We need to know WHo He is, and who we are in Him. (and sometimes we need our brain chemistry re-adjusted, as stress and too much cortisol can interfere with synaptic responses in the brain)

Please know and believe that we pray for you, little one. But more than that, know and believe that your Father dearly loves you, and knows you, and will care for you. That may sound like a platitude, but it is the Gospel Truth! ♥
with a mommy's love,
ellie

Z

zaggamorre

hey!everyone is willing to pray for you.But pls don't hesitate to talk to someone older.We've been there,too '-)

B

bealight2012

Ill pray for you! Rebuke that spirit of anxiety and keep your eyes on God its not easy and no one should have to deal with it
God bless you

Aug 10, 2012
**edited**there if you need to! Hope i helped! You'll be in my prayers<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2012
The Whole Armor of God

Ash17 this may be a little hard to understand but we are not fighting flesh and blood. We are fighting the devil. He tries every way he can to break you. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy because sometimes when I feel the devil coming down on me I start rebuking him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I open the front door of my house and I tell him to get out my mind, my house, my yard and on down the road in the name of Jesus Christ I command it. I tell him I'm a child of the most high GOD I tell him I'm armored up for battle but come in the name of peace and whatever the lord allows him to do to me is only to show me holes in my armor that need to be fixed.
So I'm telling you get your armor on. Not only is the fight coming it's already here. Solider Up, because I believe your anxiety is spiritual warfare from the devil himself.

Ephesians 6 :10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God&#8217;s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, put on every piece of God&#8217;s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God&#8217;s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God&#8217;s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. 20 I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God&#8217;s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.

F

follower_of_Yahushua

Hey Ash17, I have dealt with anxiety and real bad panic attacks different times throughout my life. The only thing that has really helped me is when I'm truly focusing on God's word daily and putting that in my heart/mind and continuing to meditate on it so that it is what overtakes my mind instead of the anxiety. God's words are powerful and it will really set you free! I'm praying for you =] May God's peace rule your heart!
Amen!

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

If Christ is our main focus he will deilver us from all anxiety, suffering, depression, etc. and it is all so His glory can be seen in us, praise the LORD!