I am going to hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2013
Regardless of how you're feeling, you can force your muscles to move in such a way that you put on some warm clothes (if it's cold), get to the door, and walk outside for a bit. One foot in front of the other - you can be sobbing, you can protest that it's not what you want to do, but the feet will still manage to move.

Unless, of course, you're in some way permanently disabled.
Here's the problem.
Because of the cough syrup I use to take care of my often stomach pain (which can be incapacitating in some cases), I hear things and see things that make me think I'm supposed to read into the thing I'm reading for some hidden message from God. I accept that I brought this upon myself. It's just that the only chemical that's ever dealt with my stomach pain is cough syrup and I can't find a suitable alternative.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Seriously.cyphercat please go find someone to talk to. Posting this for anyone to see isn't a good idea and it won't help you or anyone else. Call a friend or Pastor.

S

st_sebastian

Here's the problem.
I stopped reading here. I don't care about the excuses.

One foot in front of the other. Move your muscles individually if you must.

And if you're scared to go outside, pace around in your room.

If it's too small, spin.

But get up from the keyboard and move your feet.

Jun 22, 2013
I should never have drank cough syrup. But it is a crutch and heals the ailment. It makes me forget about loneliness and the stomach pains that I get a lot. When I drink cough syrup, I forget about a dismal future. When I drink cough syrup, I get a slight boost of euphoria and am social and interact with people, which I like.
I guess at the end of it all, there's a chance I might not be going to hell and cough syrup is on its way out.

Sep 10, 2013
Man, put your faith in God and ask Him to help you overcome this hopeless situation. I don`t know what else to say to you...
Spend more time with your daughter, read the gospels and pray, pray, pray.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us, the sinners.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
The cough syrup obviously has something in that alter's you mind. Sometimes when an alcoholic can't get alcohol they will drink cough syrup. Or anything that can give them a good buzz. My husband as dropping off mail to a motel on his route one day and there was an ambulance there. The owner said that one of the people that lives there drank a whole bottle of pure Vanilla Extract to get high.

Eventually your going to have to give up this addiction and if this medicine has acetaminophen or Ibuprofen in it you're really doing damage to yourself. The Acetaminophen is bad for your liver and the Ibuprofen is going to ruin your stomach more.

I hope you seek help and deal with these problems. They aren't going to go away on their own. God Bless.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
cyphercat, i must speak up and echo what fenner (et. all) regarding the stomach pain/cough syrup.

it sounds like there are two issues here, and i'm quite concerned about both.

1. this stomach pain? stomach pain for a number of sources can be quite debilitating and in some cases, very serious. do you know what causes your stomach pain? there are number of excellent remedies that exist for stomach pain. i can almost guarantee that your cough syrup may be creating a short term panacea, but may actually be partly helping to prevent it from improving. i know this of which i speak. : ) cough syrup, in any preparation is not an ideal for regular consumption.

2. this is something that can create a dangerous stronghold in your life. self-medicating can have subtle, but very profound and long lasting effects that will only (continue) to interfere in your life. i actually would encourage you to consider celebrate recovery (celebraterecovery . com) - which you may or may not have heard of. it's a wonderful organization that offers support for almost any human condition, and i have yet to meet someone who couldn't benefit from the organization's purpose.

self-medicating for a purpose of pain is actually one of the most serious and prevalent problems in this country. everybody knows recreational use of drugs is reckless, but having a legitimate need for relief is the reason why millions become addicted to all kinds of "harmless" and more dangerous drugs, without even recognizing the toll that it takes on them.

if you need more info, please feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2013
And here begins my journey for the rest of eternity. Take care what ye say (and keep some of the 'thee's and thou's') from this point forward.
Or take DXM and get alienated from CC.
If I lose CC, I still have my daughter.
But I will lose some important friendships.

Jun 22, 2013
Of course I depend on Christ.
What else is there!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I am a Christian and I drink a little bit of cough syrup.
Because of this I cannot fellowship with other Christians.

nah, that's bogus. we can hang out. hit me up. i am not bothered. (but i'm probably located way too far away :p)

It's just that the only chemical that's ever dealt with my stomach pain is cough syrup and I can't find a suitable alternative.
have you tried actual wine? surely alcohol in a purer state and meant to be regularly consumed would be better.
or TUMS?
you got ulcers? there's purpose-built medicines for that.

does your breath always smell like cherries now? :D

38miles

Cypher -- you NEED to connect with believers locally. You need to get out of your house! I've been praying for you man, and privately you really should be doing all this privately. Something doesn't match up, but I'm still praying for you...

Jan 20, 2014
Great news! there is no hell. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says that the dead know nothing at all. revelation 20:14 says that the death and grave will be hurled into the "lake of fire" and that this means the second death. if death knows nothing at all then this means there is no torment. In addition, the bible is clear that God is going to destroy Satan. If he is destroyed, who will be in charge of "hell" ? Not to mention that God and Satan are enemies, if God gave Satan his own place to torment people number 1 that would mean he's not a loving God as he is described, and number 2 this would indicate that him and satan work together, which they don't.
-Much love, ymfpitw

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I believe I blasphemed the Holy Spirit.
That's a large part of this.
The fact that you're concerned about having done this tells me that you haven't. Someone who truly blasphemes the Holy Spirit wouldn't care about it.

A

AmberGardner

You're not alone in your serious suffering. Other Christians are suffering from ailments they cannot get help for or can't figure out. Unexplainable afflictions.

I have terrible problems with my back and neck to this day. I have no insurance. I have to act as a manger at work everyday and I struggle to do as little as bag a hashbrown. It's sooooo hard. I feel crippled. I am disabled. I want to quit. And there is nothing I can do about it. I can't figure out whats wrong with me because I certainly can't afford an MRI on even one section of my spine.

1 Peter 1:7
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

If you think you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, don't worry over it so much that you, from this point, begin to disobey God. It is those who obey Him that get the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Repent, and keep walking.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Jesus is coming soon. We're in the last days. Hold tight, and STAYYYYY in the WORD. Read daily, fill your mind with HIS words, and not the opinions and thoughts of other people, news, television, etc... Study study. Read entire books in one sitting. That's fellowship with God!! Sit down and read all of Psalms. All of Kings. All of Matthew. All of Revelation!! Every single day.

God bless!!

R

Rollingtide

For someone to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, One must have that Spirit to start with. To have it you must meet the Biblical teaching criteria to get it. Not all Churches teach the Biblical Truth. If you think you have it, -tell us how you received it...then read Acts 2 verse 38.

R

Rollingtide

The Bible mentions taking " wine" for thy stomachs' sake. This Wine is unfermented grape juice or freshly squeezed grapes.

R

Rollingtide

You need to seriously pray to The Lord to give you healing and strength and ask him to forgive you for any wrong things you have ever done, and if you will seek him with all your heart...You will find him...IF YOU ARE SINCERE...

D

didymos

Of course I depend on Christ.
What else is there!
[SUP]28 [/SUP]Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

(Matthew 11: 28-30, KJV)

stay off the syrup...

Jun 19, 2011
I fear about going to hell too, man. I dont know what to tell ya here but just know that someone can relate to you in fearing about going to hell. I wish you the best and hope you and God sort this out and I wish you the best. God bless man!