i am lost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

simplysweet

Aug 21, 2014
Hey there! i need an advise here! i am 23years old. God called my parents to establish a church school when i was in middle school. i wanted to become a doctor but my parents wanted me to be a teacher for two reasons. first because we cant afford medicine school and second they want me to run the school. Since ephesians 6.1 said children obey your parents, i forget my dream and obeyed them. now, i am helping them with the school, but i am not happy. i dont know myself anymore. i dont know what i want for my life. i feel i am stuck and lost. i dont want to be a teacher, but i dont know what else to do. i am completely lost and broken! It seems i stop living. i am like a zombie.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Hello Simplysweet!

First of all, welcome to CC. I hope you have a wonderful time here. May this site be a blessing to you. :)

I am only going to advise you based on the little information that you have mentioned here. Being an outsider to your family, please be aware that my advise could go wrong. The best advise comes from God alone and He can never go wrong!

Looking at it from both sides, this is a very difficult situation. I understand that your passion is to be a doctor. Anything short of that would make you feel like you have lost your purpose. This is perfectly natural for anybody to feel this way. However, there are two challenges for you - your parents' mission to establish a church school and the high fees for a medicine school. Let me address them both separately.

Firstly, I think a church school can always employ the service of a medical person. Whether a doctor or a nurse, there will always be a requirement for some form of medical assistance whenever children are in the picture. From dressing accidental injuries to nursing sick children, you will be able to contribute greatly. Try and convince your parents that you will be of great help to the church school even if you study medicine. I am sure that if you explain it calmly and clearly, your parents will understand this.

Secondly, a doctor's degree is an expensive affair. Since your parents are starting a church school, it will be all the more difficult to pay your tuition fees. But there is one option to go about it. Many public universities offer sponsorships for deserving students. Check with the medicine schools whether they offer any scholarships. Get the details about what the scholarship covers and how much it covers. Some scholarships may cover 20% of your tuition fees, some may cover all your tuitions fees and some others may cover your tuition fees and give you a stipend too! Look for a school that can offer you a scholarship which will cover your tuition fees, your boarding expenses and maybe a small stipend. This way your parents can divert more funds towards the church school. Keep in mind that any scholarship will be highly competitive, so you need good grades and a lot of God's grace to help you qualify.

To conclude, I suggest that you pray more about the desire of your heart. God knows what is best for you. If He wills, He will take you towards this desire of yours. Apart from praying, talk to your parents and explain to them how you can be a blessing to the school even if you become a doctor. Lastly, start going through the websites of all the medicine schools and find out about the scholarship programs. Get in touch with the Admissions Officer in these schools and find out the best scholarship that you are eligible for. If God wills, everything will fall into place.

Remember that our God can do wonders even when you think that there is no way out. But He will work as per His will and according to His time. Keep praying and wait for Him to guide you. :)

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
All things work together for the good of those who love God.

(Sorry, I can't remember where you find this in the bible.)

C

ChristinaSanF

It says CHILDREN. Obey your parents. You're not a child anymore. You're an adult.

dfarmer2001

Sep 1, 2014
Well since you are an adult now, I would still consider doing the school, because your parents depend on you. But yet in the meantime I would see if you could pay your way into the medicine school, and then you could do both.
So that way you wont upset your parents, but you still make yourself happy.
If you need help getting closer to God, or just need any kind of help with the Lord, Jesus Christ. Feel free to personal message me I will help you until I can't help anymore.

K

kittycat7

The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees. — Psalm 119:64