I am praying for a friend, a pastor and his family.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I hate it. While people are driving around or searching online for a "good" church, there is another "good" pastor being laid off. The good news is, God can use the brokenness, in some manner, for His glory. But it has got to be tough!

A man lays down his life for his friends, even his enemies... only to be betrayed, pulled in the mud, and let go to die!
Grrrr!!! I HATE it! I understand that there are immoral, god-haters, who wear sheep clothes. This man is not one of 'em.
Rather, he goes to street corner a shares Jesus.

He lets widows, orphans, ex-cons, and people of all walks of life--even the hypocrites-- to sit at his table. He starts ministries in nursing homes, follows-up with the homeless, and he loves people with whom he cannot communicate due to language barriers. An amazing man. I am not saying he is perfect, but he is a great signpost of God's love, because of how he lays down his life for people who can't give back. Of course, who am I to say who can and cannot give. What I mean is that, there are those whom society ostracize and are expected to not succeed in life. This man, this pastor who is no longer in that position, he helps people find purpose in Christ. He's helped so many, immeasurably.

...Sorry...

My point is:
Please pray for a servant-hearted pastor and his family, who are now praying for God to show them the next step.

(I will not offer more details in this forum. Thanks in advance for the prayers.)

Last edited:

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
My brother.....God has this already .....God is this mans life.....and I'm certain there is a plan....
There is somewhere that God has chosen to reassign him.....he has been faithful to our Father...
And our Father will surely be faithful to him......
Peace ....Jo.......
Father God I thank you for our brother and his family.......thank you for preparing his way.....for protecting them and keeping them strong.....for being his avenger and giving him victory.....for blessing his ministry.....for allowing him to be an example to your children ....I thank you in Jesus' loving name....amen..

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
yes Lord reveal the pastor your will, and guide him, for your glory in his life, AMen

D

DyingToSelf

Father,

grant Your servant Your Peace that transcends all human understanding, release the seeds of bitterness in his heart, for that is not Your will, Father.

Teach him to rest in Your blessed assurance that You are the GOD that numbers each hair on our heads, remind him daily of his blessings and teach him to be patient as he waits for Your Word.

In Jesus Name,

Amen