I can no longer get over hurdles like I used to.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JadenG

I'm Jaden, a 19 year old male looking for some place where I could take off some load off my heart. Although I believe I belong on the 'teens' page but I kinda need some mature views on this.

Here's a little background about me. I didn't grow up in a Christian environment. The activities I do, and engage in are most of the time deemed ungodly. I'm a rebel, not like those gothic kinds, more like those who parties, drinks excessively, smokes, I'm one who goes against my parents when they try to put a leash on me that sort of thing. But it was through rebelling I've gotten into Christ (they objected having a Christian at home). I used to be strong and positive. People called me a contraindication to Christianity, a sinful child. I may be one that smokes, have a tattoo up my leg, but I am the one too, who prays every time before meals, every night, every morning, and whenever I see someone in pain.

As you know, World Cup just ended and at the place where I live, betting is highly popular. I know I should never have tried but I fell to temptation. All I wanted was some extra money for my much awaited road trip next year. I ended up losing yet I kept trying even though I knew I was sinning. I'm so afraid that God might be pissed at my actions, being in debt of up to $700 (initially $1200) and then begging Him for help. I confess that I have stole some of the cash for payment and I felt so terrible for what I've done.

Thing is, money isn't exactly the issue here. I can't get over the fact that I've screwed up over and over and over again. I feel like I'm a mess, that there isn't really a future for someone like me. I admit I've contemplated suicide for the millionth time. I mean, what's the point if I never get to sort my life out? I'm too afraid to reach out this time, knowing the shame that awaits me. Small things like being late or simply forgetting my keys at home could get my eyes teary which shouldn't be the case. I'm afraid of what's happening and I feel so abandoned. I don't know what to do except looking to confide in Godly words? It's pretty much my last resort. I feel so done.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Firstly, God loves you. He always will. No matter how far you fall away, His love will never fade or fail. Once you believe and receive this, you will start to seek God in more than just superficial ways.

Only in a genuine relationship with Christ can you be free from sin and addiction and habit. You must repent of your sins, including stealing, and this means that you turn away from them. One cannot live a superficial Christian life. This is what God says is being 'lukewarm' and that is far worse than being cold.

God has great plans for you and a purpose for you. God will not force you to serve Him. He will not force you to fulfill the call He has for you. You need to make the choice: who will you serve, God or yourself? Only you can decide this.

J

JadenG

Firstly, God loves you. He always will. No matter how far you fall away, His love will never fade or fail. Once you believe and receive this, you will start to seek God in more than just superficial ways.

Only in a genuine relationship with Christ can you be free from sin and addiction and habit. You must repent of your sins, including stealing, and this means that you turn away from them. One cannot live a superficial Christian life. This is what God says is being 'lukewarm' and that is far worse than being cold.

God has great plans for you and a purpose for you. God will not force you to serve Him. He will not force you to fulfill the call He has for you. You need to make the choice: who will you serve, God or yourself? Only you can decide this.
Thanks for replying and taking your time. Yes I believe and know God does. I'm just stuck with my current situation, unable to move on. I am eager to repent but I don't know how to, and I don't know how my issues would be resolved.

R

Roughsoul

Hey Jaden,

Hey man repenting starts with prayer and even if you don't know how to ask. God knows your heart and if you truly feel terrible and long for forgiveness he has already forgiven you through his son Jesus Christ. If you believe in our savior then Jesus took on all our sins. This being said doesn't me you got a free ticket to heaven and free to act as we please. You still got to do your best to follow the bible and commandments. You have been sucked into the devils traps and created really bad habits. But the great news is your still here on earth, God forever loves you, and you have not gave up on loving him. We all fall short of the glory of heaven. I believe you have a rough crowd your hanging with and even worse, parents that take offense to your belief. JadenG it may be time to find new people to hang around and other Christ followers. Your parents on the other hand keep praying for them, forgive them for how they are to you and let it go. Let God plant his spiritual seed in them and move them in his own plan. And listen God works in crazy ways yes you may have gotten yourself in a mess and yes your issues may not get resolved how you want them to be. But God works in his own way and he will take care of you just have a little faith and God will work threw you and people around you. You may not even realize it until your troubles are gone then you think wow it all worked out. I bet when you then look back you realize I bet God had his hand in that. Sometimes he will hit you straight on with a true sign of his love.

But it all comes down to just have faith don't lose hope our God is greater than anything you will ever face. He gave kid David the courage to fight a well trained warrior and was a giant in size, God shut the mouths of lions so Daniel would be okay after being thrown in to be eaten alive, he saved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from a fire furnace after they was thrown in. The guards who threw them in was instantly burned up that's how hot this was but the bible says a fourth man was in the fire protecting them and it appeared to be the son of God.

OUR GOD IS AWSOME HE LOVES YOU! Don't give up on him with suicide. God has a plan for you and he had this plan for before you was even born. As long as you trust in him nothing can get in your way. Just think about these 5 guys I mentioned above. What faith and trust they had in our Lord because all 5 could of walked away and not had to deal with their trials but they trusted God and God loved, he protected and he showed the world if you believe in me I will be your shield and savior.
Do not let the devil put into your mind the thought of suicide. When this happen turn to God and pray. The devil will throw everything at you because he hates you right now, he hates that he is losing another soul to our almighty God. You just got to realize when the devil is implanting his evil thoughts and lies into your mind. Guess who planted the idea of betting ding ding you guessed right the devil. But we was given free will when God created us so you can chose to not listen to the devil and follow God.

To rap this up we all are sinners and I am no better than you for I struggle with my own sin. I will never be better than you and never deserve to get into heaven. But I tell you brother we are saved Jesus loves us and If you have excepted Jesus Christ as your savior then you also have the holy spirit to help fight the spiritual war from within our soul. You are def. being tested by God and I know it sounds weird but God uses the devil sometimes to test us. Of course God wants us to pass but even he we fail God will teach us wisdom and hopefully the lesson to not do it again. Even Jesus was tested by the Devil in the wilderness. Jesus was tempted 3 times but of course Jesus was sinless and saw straight threw the Devil.

Don't lose hope and believe in our awesome God who loves you soo much that he hand picked you before time even began to be one day his child and live with him in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Roughsoul.

J

JadenG

Thank you so much. I really needed someone to talk to and it seems as if no one bothers to listen. Been feeling so depressed in school today. Thank you again so much God bless..!

R

Roughsoul

JadenG,

You are never alone when you are with the family of Christ. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfareand not for evil,to give you a future and a hope.

God Bless You my friend.

Roughsoul.