I can't feel God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

XLynneX

I can't sleep and this has been bugging me for a while now, so i figured I'd ask. I was born in a Christian family and have always gone to church, just recently i decided to pray to accept Jesus, but nothing has changed. I feel like because I've never taken it seriously God has become more of a something than a someone in my life, he's just kind of there but he doesn't do anything that i can see. I don't feel any connection to him and i never have to the point of making me angry because there is nothing, I want to put God at the center of my life but I just can't do that alone and feel like he's not there to help me.

U

Ugly

Following God isn't about feelings, it's about faith. Trusting that God is there, even when you don't feel Him.
Also you are looking to change many things about yourself. Change takes time, even with God. God can sometimes enact a quick change, but often times part of our personal and spiritual growth is the struggle. People learn more when they have to fight to learn and get out of things than when things are quick and easy. It could be said this is Gods first run at getting you to grow.
Yes, it's good to reach out to people for help, especially as a new Christian. But perhaps God will help you through others. God works in various ways, sometimes other people, sometimes directly to Him, sometimes through the bible, or worship or however He sees fit. And not always immediately. So try to be patient. Sometimes patience is the lesson. Just keep trying, keep seeking and keep open.