I Can't post gifs its not fair

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Why does technology hate me? I want to be able to post gifs or videos possibly ok so I type in funny cat gifs I pick one I like I right click and then click on copy image then I go to cc I click on insert image I click on url not from my computer I paste the link to the gif I then try to upload it but then it says image to big or something and I checked it wasn't to big or if I try to upload it from my actual computer it will show the picture but it won't move

S

Siberian_Khatru

Uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option when pasting from a URL.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
i can't post gifs either, ur right it aint fair..lol..

S

Siberian_Khatru

The URL option works just about every time as long as that box is unchecked. Give it a try!

D

didymos

Why does technology hate me? I want to be able to post gifs or videos possibly ok so I type in funny cat gifs I pick one I like I right click and then click on copy image then I go to cc I click on insert image I click on url not from my computer I paste the link to the gif I then try to upload it but then it says image to big or something and I checked it wasn't to big or if I try to upload it from my actual computer it will show the picture but it won't move

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif
I got it ty evryone

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
hey i also like GIF's !

(courtesy of SOHO)

thanks Khatru!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
i can't post gifs and it's not fair!!! :p

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Are you still trying to upload ones you have saved on your computer? Or are you using a link to a gif?

I get them from Google images and save them to my computer..some post here as moving gifs, and some don't..

S

Siberian_Khatru

I get them from Google images and save them to my computer..some post here as moving gifs, and some don't..
That's why, then. :) When you upload a gif from your PC, I think it's being saved to CC. If the gif is too big (in file size), you lose the animation once it's uploaded (or CC may not accept it at all).

When you use the URL option the image is not being saved to CC, so there's no size limit (as far as I know).

So you do eet dees way, Blue:

how to post images cc.jpg

This will also save you space on your PC since you won't be downloading/saving gifs this way (although you still can if you want to).

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'll try it tomorrow..I have tons of space on my computer for pictures.. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

I'll try it tomorrow..I have tons of space on my computer for pictures.. :)
Good luck! You can PM me anytime if you need help. I just want you to be awesome like Blain. :p