I don't feel worthless even though I've done many evil things.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brandon777

Are we worthless dirt sinners? No. Is that how we should identify ourselves as Christians? No. What do we mean to God? Well only part of it is based on merit, and part of it is based on whatever else makes a human worth while to sacrifice Himself for us, which happens to be quite a lot me thinks. Has anyone heard this? "What you do makes you who you are." I don't believe that, because it's only very partially true. I believe what you why you do it and everything that God does about you and surrounding you for your benefit is all apart of your worth to God. And your worth in God's perspective (which is the only correct perspective) is the only one considering.

Every aspect of you gives you worth and meaning. Having a dirt body so complex is real in a sense so that it is a good aspect of you, and your mind and spirit as well are meaningful to God. I often think of how I would feel about life if I were ugly physically, and I think that might lead me to think I'm worthless. But that's not true, the physical design of one's face and body is only a very small fraction of even the physical glory of one's value. Although that's not what abusive people want you to think. Satan wants you to think you're worthless to God.

As for romantic partnerships, people should love us based on what we mean to God, because that's where our true worth lies.

B

Brandon777

I came up with that as I contemplated my life in a depressed state, in the tub. And in bed before I went to sleep I came up with a lot of it. I think it's true.

A

Aqua_Girl09

Its true that God sees your heart. but I'm one of those people who REALLY struggle with excepting my physical appearance. i don't feel like i'm ugly but Growing up watching the princesses with long flowing hair and light skin had a toll on my heart. the famous girls that everyone liked never had dark skin. they had long hair, even if it was fake.

recently i've found that more black girls have gone "natural" not putting chemicals in their hair to fit in with straight haired populatiry. and its more accepteble to have curly and frizzy hair. i'm learning to love my dark skin. but it taken many years and tears to come to this point.

God sees us differently so yes we should also try to see ourselves the way he sees us but its hard to do when everyday you look at models and actresses who are supposed to be closer to perfect then you.

its a constant battle for me to not compare myself to others or to ignore those thoughts that make me feel like i'll never be as cute as her. or i'd never be able to get a guy that handsome cause i'm no where near his level.

You can only tell a person how you feel about how they look but its ultimately up to them and their relationship with God what they decide to believe.

B

Brandon777

Dark skin is not less beautiful. "I am dark, but lovely, you daughters of Jerusalem, like Kedar's tents, like Solomon's curtains." That's from the Bible Song of Solomon 1:5, talking about Solomon's most beautiful wife and lover.

You're skin is flawless, you have great hair. I like your ear rings because they go with your jacket. And your shirt goes with your hair. It's easy to tell you keep up with looking good.

The reason why American fashion magazines have more lighter women is because America has a larger European-American population. It's a market driven industry. They do it to sell more magazines. Because people relate easier to people who are similar. In more urban areas where the majority is African-American darker models are more prevalent in fashion magazines. So don't worry about it.

Plus, after getting to know you, you're habits, hobbies, virtues, trustworthiness, loyalty, gentleness, and ability to love and forgive will mean more to a guy than your face or your skirt. If he's a guy worth having. If not, he truly is a pig, only after one thing.

S

sera_ss

Sometimes when I sin I feel the need to hurt myself in retribution is that wrong?

L

libertygirl

As for romantic partnerships, people should love us based on what we mean to God, because that's where our true worth lies.
I agree. There was actually a guy that I didn't find very attractive at first, then I found out all the things God had done for him and I was blown away. I thought to myself, if God can love him, why can't I? So I started developing a crush on him but I don't think he notices me, so time to move on...

I hope this was what you were talking about?

B

Brandon777

sera_ss: yes that's wrong

libertygirl: yep it was.

Sep 10, 2012
we are all made in God's image and that being the case makes us of so much importance to God that anyone who murders that image of God with hatred is deserving of death..that image of God has been shattered by sin and so needs to be restored into its original appearance and that can only be done through what Jesus did on the cross and is received by the sinner through believing that Jesus is God, turning to Him in love and turning from and hating their sins...does becoming a christian mean that the sinner is now deserving of God's goodness and grace and mercy...NO...because we are sinners we are never deserving of God's goodness, love and grace and mercy..so truly we are unworthy of God's love, goodness and kindness and grace and it is only because He is so wonderful that He gives us that which we really do not deserve and we really are not worthy of

C

Cari99

I've always found dark skin to be beautiful. In fact, I tend to think everything and everyone is beautiful outside of myself. However, I know I was (as was everyone) beautifully and wonderfully made by God. Isn't it so hard to see that, applying to ourselves? And Libertygirl, I am in the same situation you are in. Liking someone who doesn't quite see me as I want him to.

R

rauleetoe

Its true that God sees your heart. but I'm one of those people who REALLY struggle with excepting my physical appearance. i don't feel like i'm ugly but Growing up watching the princesses with long flowing hair and light skin had a toll on my heart. the famous girls that everyone liked never had dark skin. they had long hair, even if it was fake.

recently i've found that more black girls have gone "natural" not putting chemicals in their hair to fit in with straight haired populatiry. and its more accepteble to have curly and frizzy hair. i'm learning to love my dark skin. but it taken many years and tears to come to this point.

God sees us differently so yes we should also try to see ourselves the way he sees us but its hard to do when everyday you look at models and actresses who are supposed to be closer to perfect then you.

its a constant battle for me to not compare myself to others or to ignore those thoughts that make me feel like i'll never be as cute as her. or i'd never be able to get a guy that handsome cause i'm no where near his level.

You can only tell a person how you feel about how they look but its ultimately up to them and their relationship with God what they decide to believe.
aqua, i hope you see that you are beautifull..and a good christian.man will see that..and i think.women of all skin colors are beautifull

A

Aqua_Girl09

I've come to terms with it, or i guess a better way of putting it is it took a REALLY long time but i like my skin now. ^_^ and I realized it only like a few months ago. >_< still working on my self image but not so much the outside as the inside.

its like I'm relying on outwardly beauty when i feel like everything on the inside is messed up and ugly. SOOO working from the inside out. ^_^ I'm good with my appearance now. just gotta work on my inward characteristics, but i know that just building a better relationship with God is going to change most of the things i don't like so I'm focusing my eyes above. ^_^