I don't have to be a perfect Christian at 8:30 in the morning.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hethr

So, as a good Christian, I know I should wake up and spend those first moments with God, to read my bible and really start the day right. But I struggled, most days I wouldn't do it and then I would feel guilty, or I would do it, but I was so tired and would feel half-hearted about it.. and feel guilty. I am NOT a morning person, I can barely get myself together and get to work on time. So I realized, I DO spend time with God in the morning, every morning I wake up to my Christian radio station, I listen to it all morning, and I have a verse of the day app on the phone that I read, and I can pray as I'm getting ready. That is good enough for me and I'm pretty sure it's good enough for God. I can read my bible when I get home and I'm more in the right frame of mind to comprehend what I'm reading. I'm sure God would prefer it that way. I don't have to be a bible scholar in the morning. It's a good feeling to not have that guilt about it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Although many people will say that we should do our ''quiet time'' first thing in the day, I'm one who says do it when you are going to get the most out of it. If that means after work, or just before bed after winding down, do it then. I can't think of anywhere in scripture that says we have to do this in the morning. In reality, we should be in constant fellowship with Him all day, but set aside specific time for focusing on Him.

R

rainacorn

When I wake up, I shoot up a quick 'thank you' for another day of life. It very well could be my last.

Other than that, though, I wander through my house like a sleepy ghost until I've had a bit of breakfast and some coffee. Then I'm ready for whatever comes up (work or study or whatever).

Feb 10, 2008
Zombie rain!!!!!!!!!!! Now who can I pitch this movie idea to?

S

SocialArtist

So, as a good Christian, I know I should wake up and spend those first moments with God, to read my bible and really start the day right. But I struggled, most days I wouldn't do it and then I would feel guilty, or I would do it, but I was so tired and would feel half-hearted about it.. and feel guilty. I am NOT a morning person, I can barely get myself together and get to work on time. So I realized, I DO spend time with God in the morning, every morning I wake up to my Christian radio station, I listen to it all morning, and I have a verse of the day app on the phone that I read, and I can pray as I'm getting ready. That is good enough for me and I'm pretty sure it's good enough for God. I can read my bible when I get home and I'm more in the right frame of mind to comprehend what I'm reading. I'm sure God would prefer it that way. I don't have to be a bible scholar in the morning. It's a good feeling to not have that guilt about it.
I do all my bible reading before bed.