I don't know what I'm to do..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Angel3

I have a male friend that I care alot about. My family can't stand him & have threatened me to get away from him, yet they don't know him at all. They've not had a conversation in 2 years. They go by rumors & gossip. He is a christain, but since his back surgery 3 years ago, he's struggled with drug addiction to hydrocodone, which has led to his 12 & 20 yr old kids to not have much to do with him now. He's always been an awesome dad too. This recently has led to severe depression. He's doing much better with his addiction, but he's still wanting to go to rehab. I've prayed for guidance. I felt that even though it was causing turmoil with my family, that God wanted me to stay strong & not turn my back on him. That it was the Christain thing to do. I felt my Faith was being tested but that if I turned my back on him, since I'm all he has right now, that it would be total destruction for him. He'd give up. Now my family are using my kids to get me away from him. They've filled their heads with all these rumors that now my 20 yr old won't speak to me, & my girls, who had acted crazy about him, are saying they want him to go away. My kids come 1st & I'd never choose a man over them, but I feel this is very wrong. I don't know what to do. Do I continue to stand for J & do what I think is right or do I toss him aside & do what my family says so to keep a good image in town? Please help. I really need advice. It's pulling me down mentally. It would be easier if he wasn't such a good, kind hearted man. I can't bare to see him give up because he's tried so hard. I'm worried I'll make the wrong choice & that I'm not listening to God, that I'm hearing what I want to. But now that my kids are in the balance...my decisions now could affect ours lives from now on. Please pray for me.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
how old are your girls ?
i guess it is in the perspective, also what you can teach them about the way
people should live and act.
love and putting someone fist does not mean doing whatever that person wants but what they need,
and that might be to see you act compassional.

But then i do not know anything about that male friend of yours and people with addictions
can be very different, with or without their fix. So is there a reason bejond "public image"
that speaks against your friendship and having him in the live of your kids ?