I don't know what to do...need serious advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GM777

I had a friend who decided to dabble in ouija boards over a year ago, and she got me involved, and I became hooked. Horrible things began to happen, and my life became an utter, indescribable nightmare. I went to multiple churches, got an exorcism, destroyed the boards, prayed for all of us, found Jesus, and I feel like I've been saved and that I'm born again in many ways, and I feel a calm I've never felt before in my life and that my eyes have been opened. I haven't talked to this friend and another in a long time, and I've debated over whether or not I should text them. Well, yesterday I ran into them at a store and we are all talking again and looking to meet up this weekend. I miss them and I always enjoyed their company (I don't have many friends I'm comfortable around right now), but I'm afraid I don't know what to do. Should I move on and not see them again? Is this the devil trying to lure me back, or could this be a new beginning? I don't know what to do, and I can't go back to how bad it was. They don't usually dabble in things like the above, and I'm hoping they would never consider doing it again, but I don't know if negativity surrounds them or if being around them is a bad idea. Advice?

Thank you all and I could use your prayers as well as I try to make the right decision

K

kenisyes

I wish I knew more about you. The simple answer is "what does God say? Are you secure enough in your Christian walk to resist the temptation and to get this friend saved". Bottom line is, I just don't know.

I went back through both of your posts. And I have many concerns. First, is the way you are using the terms in this post here. You've done everything that everyone told you to do, but I don't see any evidence that God directed you to any independent action. I've been in this kind of ministry for many years, and I just don't hear confidence in Jesus and familiarity with the power in you. Second, your other post troubles me. You have in your family people who have seriously questioned the basic idea of the existence of God, and His involvement with the human race. Your use of terms like "interdimensional beings" and "fourth dimensional extraterrestrials" sounds like you have not yet resolved what these things really are.

Don't get me wrong. Your scientfic side and your family connections are part of God's plan for your life. You may one day have a ministry helping people with ouija boards, demonic views of life, and maybe even witchcraft. But I don't think you know what you believe about these things yet, and I don't think you are experienced at using the power of Jesus within you.

You can ask for Baptism of the Holy Spirit, that will help. You can study demons in the Word, that will help. But I think to get any more input from outside the secure methods created by God is more danger for you now, than any possible good that may be achieved by getting back with the friend.

i will pray that the Lord matures you into the ministry He wishes you to have, and that you walk in the knowledge and security of who you are as a child of God and brother of Jesus.

U

Ugly

Maybe give it a try. See how things go, and if you start seeing things you don't like, cut the connection off to them. This could also be a chance for you to be a witness.

J

jkalyna

THE STORY OF JACOB WRESTLING WITH AN ANGEL IS A LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY. WHEN JACOB DECIEVED ESAU HIS BROTHER FROM HIS BRITH RIGHT BLESSING. HE MOVED AWAY FOR 20 YEARS. WHEN HE WANTED TO RETURN HOME, WITH HIS FAMILY AND GOODS, LIVESTOCK, HE WAS AFRAID, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO LIKE YOU SAID YOUR AFRAID, WHAT TO DO. JACOB LEARNED THAT HIS BROTHER HAD 400 MEN THAT WERE OUT TO GET HIM TO KILL HIM FOR WHAT HE DID. SO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, HE SENT HIS FAMILY OFF AFTER HE SENT STOCK AS GIFTS TO HIS BROTHER. JACOB WAS ALONE, A MAN IN THE FORM OF AN ANGLE CAME AND JACOB WRESTLED WITH HIM. JACOB WAS STUBBORN, AND THE ANGLE TOUCHED HIS HIP AND IT BROKE. HE ENDED UP GOING BUT WITH A LIMP. IF THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS AND DABBLE IN THE OCCULT, I WOULD NOT TRUST THEM AS YOUR FRIENDS. YOU MAY THINK THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS, BUT THE ENEMY HAS DIFFERENT THOUGHTS FOR THEM, IF THEY ARE UNDER THEIR CONTROL. THE BIBLE SAYS AVOID ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL. YOU SEEM TO BE DELIEVERED FROM THIS, AND IF YOU CAN'T TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS, WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE, AND TO TELL THEM ABOUT JESUS, THEN THERE IS A EVIL FORCE OF FEAR THAT IS CONFRONTING YOU AS A GIANT GOLIATH TO STOP YOU FROM WITNESSING TO THEM. YOU ARE FREE TO PRAY FOR THEM AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT DO HIS WORK, AND IN TIME HE WILL. JACOB FEARED AND DID NOT WANT TO GO BECAUSE HE FEARED FOR HIS LIFE, BUT HIS STUBBORNESS WAS BROKEN BY THE ANGEL SENT FROM THE LORD. THERE IS A WAY TO KNOW IF THIS SITUATION IS GOOD OR NOT, IF YOU AS A BELIEVER DO NOT HAVE PEACE ABOUT THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, THEN IT'S THE HOLY SPIRIT TELLING YOU NO IT IS NOT GOOD. THERE IS DANGER WHERE AN OPEN DOOR TO DEMONS ARE INVITED IN AND YOU IN THE MIDST. LIKE YOU SAID, HORRIBLE THINGS HAD HAPPENED TO YOU, IT MIGHT CONTINUE AND GET WORSE. PRAY THE LORDS PRAYER, LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION, AND DELIEVER ME FROM EVIL.

Oct 11, 2012
I'd just be upfront about it and I wouldn't go until I knew exactly what was going on. If you has to go through all that stuff after messing with the Ouija board, then I wouldn't take the chance of possibly going through it again.

Just call them up and say, " Hey I'm really excited about this weekend, but I need to know if you guys are going to be paying around with that Ouija board. I know we used to do that for fun in the past, but it caused a lot of problems for me and I don't do that stuff anymore. It's fine if you want to, but I can't."

If they are your friends, they won't do it even if they were planning to. If they say they won't, but do it anyway, then you have your answer. You shouldn't hang out with them. And if they pulled that on you, I would leave immediately. Don't stick around and get dragged into that crap

I hope everything works out and that you have some fun! God will keep you protected.

F

ForeverHis42

I think that maybe you can still be friends, but that you definitely need to stay away from the Ouija board. If you are not sure you will be able to stand against the temptation if they all start, you can invite them to come over to your house, where there will be no risk. Or, you can all go out to eat. Both are safe options where a board wouldn't be close.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
I'll be honest with you. When you were considering texting them, it probably would have been a good idea to do so and tell them about your deliverance. That is what I'd recommend doing for now; let them know via electronic means how much better you're doing, and tell them that they can have this peace too; that Jesus loves them also and they don't have to keep following this mess. Also, have you ever asked Jesus to fill you with the power of the Holy Spirit? It really helps you to know what to do in situations like this. Also, He helps you avoid temptation and you get more power over the enemy, so if you feel like there are demons bothering you again, you can command them to leave.