I don't know what to do.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The story goes that a man was on the roof of his house during a terrible storm that was causing flooding. He prayed Lord save me. Shortly a man in a boat came by and said sir get in the boat, But the man on the roof replied no that's o.k. I prayed and asked the Lord to save me. Time when by and the water was rising and the man on the roof cried out again Lord please save me and a man on land close to the mans house yelled let me throw you a life saver and I will pull you to land with my rope. The man on the roof replied no that's o.k. I prayed and asked the Lord to save me.

As the man is up to his neck in water he cries out to the Lord - Lord why didn't you save me? The Lord replied I sent a boat, and a man with a life raft on a rope and you refused them both - what more could I do?

So for myself I believe God can answer any prayer any way He wants, but He wants to use us humans to help each other out of a lot of situations as it helps each one of us to build character and love for each other and helps us to be able to give the glory to God.... The choice is yours to make God can heal you either way with or without a doctor.

R

Richie_2uk

Wow 10/10 for your sarcasm. I'm sorry but I just believe that prayer is powerful and that god listens to us. I'm sorry that believing he is so powerful and kind offends you.
first of all, please put a capital G for the true almighty powerful and the one true God. Not as little g for god. as you been putting it. it makes you sound you believe in little gods. You can believe in prayer yes, that's if you want to put your full trust in his healing. God is our healer, and by his stripes we are healed, but that's down to our faith. Second you can trust physicians as God allows you to use them, however God is behind the healing from a physicians. So give thanks and praise to God and give him the glory for his healing through a physicians.

It would be good that you get your pastor and members of your church to pray for you to, so that you are fully surround by prayer. God will heal, God will listen to all prayers, and God will answer prayers. Just depends how much you have faith.

Jeremiah 17: 14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

Romans 8: 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because ofhis Spirit who lives in you.

Just imagine, if the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead, just imagine if that same spirit lives in you, what that same spirit can do with your illness? Believe and have faith as a mustard seed.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
You know, I have seen God miraculously heal through prayer. And I believe He did that with my wrist as well. God enabled the doctors to work on my wrist so that it would be healed. My church also prayed over my wrist. I am completely convinced that it was God who healed my wrist, not the doctors and surgeon -- they were mere instruments of God's grace.

So do yourself a favor and go to the doctor and pray that God will give the doctor wisdom and guidance. There is absolutely nothing unbiblical about going to a doctor.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I believe in the power of prayer to heal, BUT I also believe that there are some people whom God chooses not to heal. Only he knows why. Maybe its "their time", or he needs them in heaven more than he does here on earth, or maybe it's because his purpose for them here was fulfilled.

P

phillip1980

Hi brothers and sisters I am after some advice. I have become very ill and I am torn between what I should so. Do I seek medical help or just put my trust into gods hands and know that he will hear my prayers and heal me.
Pray and ask God what he wants you to do. Pray hard and lay it out before him. God answers prayers. Plus you should think about putting in on the prayer request section. The more prayers for healing the better. GBU

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe God will heal me one day, preferably in my lifetime but only in accordance with His will and desire for regarding my life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi brothers and sisters I am after some advice. I have become very ill and I am torn between what I should so. Do I seek medical help or just put my trust into gods hands and know that he will hear my prayers and heal me.
You should seek medical treatment for your illness. I understand about putting your trust in God's hands but doctors are a blessing from God and you would be most unwise to ignore this blessing. I do not take it as a matter of lack of faith to seek help for any situation. I believe that you already know the answer to your question.

B

Believer4ever

This thread has saddened me. I will pray for you all.

M

MrsClementMelton1122

Seeking medical attention is a step in the direction that God will heal you. I would encourage you to seek medical attention and have faith that God will heal you. I hope this helps.

B

Believer4ever

I am putting 100% of my faith into God and I know he will lead me in the right direction. I'm sorry some of you can't understand that.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE:

This thread has saddened me. I will pray for you all.

END QUOTATION............

It has saddened me as well.......................and I think we should be praying for you.............see, when someone comes to a public forum and posts that they ............... "don't know what to do" ............ and the choices are really very simple........it is a sad thing to me..........

You seem to think you only options are: 1) seek Medical treatment 2) Put all your faith in God to heal you

The reality is BOTH are the option................and the sad part is............IF you had faith in God, would you really need to be asking us? Don't want to sound crass or anything, but seriously.............If you need someone else to tell you what to do, then I don't see how your faith is very strong to begin with...........but, now, that may just be me.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
So you do know what you want to do.....why did you lead us to believe you dont......why ask....
My brothers and sisters have given good advice...yet you insult them......this is a serious issue....
Who knows but God.....I personnally think you should ask for wisdom first.....because it sounds
like you are testing God......and I would strongly advise against that......or maybe your just scared..
that would be understandable......but to come and ask for help and then swat it away is foolish....
We all believe in Gods healing....that was never the question.....
Let me ask you this.....I got hit by a car...broke my whole left side.....so by what your saying......
I should have never let them scrape me off the street and just pray for my healing......
Avoid the surgery and emergency vehicles who came to help me......God did heal me....
God used the doctors and my faith and in six months im up and walking with my cane...
And please stop insulting Gods people with your spoiled brat attitude...
They come to help a brother and maybe even some came to learn......
yet your better than thou attitude maybe turned away a needy soul....
Get yourself together and pray.......
May you hear Gods words.......peace ...

B

Believer4ever

Hi everyone, I have done a lot of reflecting in the last few days and have realized that you are right. I have been turning God's help away all this time. I went to seek medical help and with the proper treatment I should be ok. The doctor said if I left it to long that wouldn't of been the case. I have been a fool. It is like God has used your words to help heal me. Please forgive me.

May 3, 2013
Stupidity and hate goes hand in hand.
I don´t believe or think it so :eek:

Psa_69:5 O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.

Pro_12:23 A prudent man conceals knowledge, but the heart of fools proclaims folly.

I just remenbered this, of David:

1Sa 21:13 So he changed his behavior before them and pretended to be insane in their hands and made marks on the doors of the gate and let his spittle run down his beard.

1Sa 21:13 So David changed his behavior before them and acted like he was crazy in their presence. He scribbled on the doors of the gate, and let his saliva run down his beard.

May 3, 2013
A priest said that in most of cases, illness is the consequence of sin. There are exceptions (like Job, for example), but, in general, the cause of illness is sin. So, I would seek both God (to heal the causal support of my illness) and a doctor.

what you said reminded me this:

Joh 9:2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that caused him to be born blind?"

It be nice to know it!

Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned. This happened so that God's work might be revealed in him.

A

amymine712

Hi everyone, I have done a lot of reflecting in the last few days and have realized that you are right. I have been turning God's help away all this time. I went to seek medical help and with the proper treatment I should be ok. The doctor said if I left it to long that wouldn't of been the case. I have been a fool. It is like God has used your words to help heal me. Please forgive me.
Praise God! There is nothing to forgive brother. You were led to start this thread so that God could open your heart to what He wanted you to do. He uses people as well as divine intervention. :) I am so happy that you are going to be ok.

P

pastac

seems you dont really want to know what to do or you know and dont want to do that either??

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
This is the best news.........you have made my day........
Thank you....my brother....God bless you ...... we love you....and im sorry for being harsh......
But you had me frightened.....