I don't want to be mad at them... :(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lindsey

I have a major problem with my parents. They blame me for everything because people tell them that I do things I never actually did. I try really hard to forgive them for it and be respectful, like the bible says i should be, but it's very very hard. Any advice or verses to help? Thank you for anything you do. :\

E

embraceswampcreature

Well its a little difficult because I don't know the situation, but I would recommend demonstrating your honesty in the most blatant way possible, and point to this and ask them if they really still don't trust you after that? It's hard, because adults are convinced that their teens are going to go off and rampage, which causes them to be too strict, which causes the teens to rebel because they're so frustrated...

Also try to find an activity that really helps you calm down, and do that before dealing with your parents. Rationality is much more persuasive than emotions, in my opinion.

L

Lindsey

thanks... that really does help. :)

E

embraceswampcreature

Aw, happy to help :)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Hi, Lindsey. Here are some scriptures for you and your situation:

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:5-6 NLT

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Nahum 1:7 KJV

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!
Psalm 42:11 NLT

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Isaiah 58:8 NIV