I feel alone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PowerPuffGirl

Sep 1, 2013
I try talking to God about it and it works for a little bit but I get straight back to my sad way of thinking. I think I may be depressed. I used to be a cutter but I have stopped. I haven't cut since December of 2012 and for me that's great! I'm really happy about that. But why do I feel this way? I have a great family, nothing majorly bad has happened to me (just school teasing) and I'm going to college right now (something I love to do).

Is depression sometimes unavoidable? The only reason might be is because I am very shy and socially awkward so friends are limited. :( Is there something I can do to make myself feel better? I'm already involved in Church and I really love that but it's just sometimes when I'm alone I get so sad.

I know this is gonna sound silly, but if anyone would want to be my friend, just to talk from time to time, I would really appreciate that!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Sure, send me a message if you'd like. I'd be happy to help if I can. :)

Y

yaoshengliang949

Hi, just wanted to comfort you and let you know that you are not alone. God loves you, and He died for you. Yes, he DIED for YOU. No height or depth, nor anything in this world or in heaven, can separate you from His love! Be assured that God hears you. He is not aloof in heaven; He came down to DIE for you, so that if you place your trust in Him, you will be in eternity with Him.

Do you believe in God's love? Do you believe that He LOVES you more than anything in this world? And he asks us to "take heart, for He has overcome this world"! Before you think that you are lonely, consider this: there are many people out there who are suffering and lonely, but who are joyful because they know that GOD LOVES THEM. This includes the sick (those dying of AIDS, for example), and the handicapped, those suffering from substance abuse. He LOVES all of these.

What more, you?

P

Propensity

But why do I feel this way? I have a great family, nothing majorly bad has happened to me (just school teasing)
I just want to say that sometimes the things we think are not big of a deal, or that didn't really effect us, actually hit us pretty hard. I don't know what kind of teasing you went through in school, but those things can really effects our lives for years unless we recognize how it made us feel back in that time and how we see ourselves now because of it. I am truly sorry you had to go through teasing in school. Honestly the people that teased you were probably very insecure and need Jesus, but they take out their problems on others. Just know that you are never alone in feeling this way. Also, it is very hard to find a friend who sticks closer than a brother or sister in todays age, but it is possible. Ask God to bring friends into your life that truly care and are uplifting to be around. Nothing is impossible for God.

Praying for you PowerPuffGirl. There will come a day when you will look back on these hard experiences and realize how and what God was teaching you in this tough time. Maybe you can't see how it will all turn fine, but I promise you that if you let God speak to you during this time of struggle, you will learn things you never thought possible.

I want to leave you with this song. Do you listen to Mumford and Sons? This song encourages me when I feel lonely at times. :)

[video=youtube;YzgQ2yHB9rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzgQ2yHB9rc[/video]

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I would love to be your friend. :) Write me anytime.

Sometimes, depression does seem unavoidable, but it is in those times that we are to call out to God and praise. This is what I've learned. :) Easier said than done, I know, but rewarding once you're able to.

The last few days have been really hard for me and last night, for the second time, I was crying out to God. Then, suddenly, He said, "And this is how the devil will trap you." That dried up my tears and removed my sorrow instantly. There is nothing quite like the voice of truth. :)

Self-pity, sorrow and fear are ways the devil attempts to destroy us and make us more willing to follow his ways and his suggestions. We must be on guard at all times.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
The way the mind works is complicated. From what you've said I'd recommend getting out more - hanging around friends as much as you can. You seem to enjoy being around them. :) I know you are shy - but that will be improved with time and practice.

And don't feel like it is weak to see a pyschologist.

Oct 29, 2009
I guess you can say I'm the same way. I have a great christian family, friends, I got to church, I'm involved in many daily activities, and I talk to God regularly. At the end, I still feel alone. I honestly do believe that sometimes depression is unavoidable just like mystdancer50 said," it is in those times that we are to call out to God and praise." Once we learn how to do that you'll see that you'll be able to tackle it better.

Its a challenge and I feel like there's no hope sometimes. But we need to keep on pushing and not give up. It takes time but when you get there you'll see how much stronger you've gotten. You don't really need to have many friends to be happy. If you look at Jesus, He only had 12 people that would follow Him wherever He went.

I'll be praying for you and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to add me. I'm a chatter-box and if you need to talk about anything I'll be there to help you as much as I can :D

I

ijahmanmike

You're not alone friend! Warmly welcome...

E

Emerald

Hi there, honestly to say I feel alone everyday it is a weird statement because I'm constantly around ppl. You are surely not alone God sees and knows every part of u. I guess what I'm trying to say is its a choice do u want to be alone? I choose to be alone because I'm scared, insecure and feel unworthy and trust no-one except God at the moment. Blessings for you

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe you need more activity in your life. How about a part-time job? Learning new skills and interacting with others can cheer us up. Maybe take up a new hobby. Sometimes our brains need to be made to go in new directions (good ones of course :)).

May 3, 2013
Im a lone ranger, too. Im not a cutter and older than you. Friends are not to be asked, but to be made. Love and friendship are not sold, but WE need to pay its price.

What kind of a friendship will you expect?

This takes time. Do you have time to freely give. Are those you poked willing to spend time with you?

As Jesus said: Give other what you would like from them. That is a leading idea for you to keep and practice.

A

AgeofKnowledge

It's probably a combination of things. There are those you can control and those you can't. How is your diet? Sugar, empty carbs, aspartame, etc... are well known to reduce the amount of serotonin in your brain causing you to feel like you've described.

I used to drink 2 liters of diet soda a day and was depressed but had no idea why. My doctor told me to get off the aspartame because it was interfering with my brain chemistry. I switched to stevia flavored soda like Zevia and the depression went away just like magic and I've not been depressed since.

My point is that something in your diet may be causing it. Also, a little exercise is good for your body and your brain. Fifteen minutes of sunlight a day boosts serotonin and alleviates depression.

Do a personal inventory. See what you're doing right and where you can make changes to live a healthier life.

You're an attractive young lady. You just need to sort it out. Peace. :)

D

DragonSlayer

With the Lord's help, you should begin to make your dreams and passions come true ! Make a list of all dreams and passions you have, make a list of all your qualities and weaknesses, study the Scriptures directly related to all of that, and live your dreams and passions daily ! By the Lord's Grace !

When you live your passions and dreams, Heaven's providence ( chance is a myth ) will make you meet people on your amazing path with the same positive mindset, and who will fully accept you as you are and with whom you would never feel alone ! Forever !

P.S : I'm very shy too and socially awkward, and I know how it's like to be bullied at school. I was born a left-hander, I have a very creative and original mind, I'm an outside the box thinker, and I never understood why so many people work so hard to be " normal "and deny so hard how unique each of them are !
I don't know what " normal " means anyway. There is no such thing as " normal " as each individual is created unique by the Lord ! If we were all " normal " on earth, life on earth would be boring to death, wouldn't it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DragonSlayer

Well, you can add me if you want.
But be prepared, I'm a big child who still believes in the never boring world of dragons and unicorns :)