I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP AND GO BACK HOME

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackson

Brothers and sisters,

As you can see from my profile, I am a Malawian and I came to South Africa so that I can further my theological studies. I am doing Masters in Biblical studies. In my country, I was unable to finish this course due to financial difficulties since our denomination does not support any pastor's further studies.

I came to South Africa with hope that I can find some piece work while studying so that I can pay for my studies. Then I met this 60 years woman who masqueraded herself as a prophetess. She told me that i should join a newly established church whose pastor she is a partner with in the ministry. Out of desperation, without asking on the Lord, I just agreed. She promised she will help me with finding job, while I serve at this church.

Little did I know that she wanted to take advantage of my situation and she has been pestering me to be sleeping with her because even God knows that we have feelings to satisfy. I have been ignoring her and she keeps on threatening and harassing me.
I feel like giving up all together and go back to my country and stay with my lovely wife and children. I need your wise advice brethren. What can I do to over come this?

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Genesis 39:11-21

My advice would be to get out of there. How could God preserve his honor if he did not take care of you when you are trying to obey his will? Live for him. Do what is right. If there is a God, which we believe there is, he will be your help.

Oct 12, 2013
Brothers and sisters,

As you can see from my profile, I am a Malawian and I came to South Africa so that I can further my theological studies. I am doing Masters in Biblical studies. In my country, I was unable to finish this course due to financial difficulties since our denomination does not support any pastor's further studies.

I came to South Africa with hope that I can find some piece work while studying so that I can pay for my studies. Then I met this 60 years woman who masqueraded herself as a prophetess. She told me that i should join a newly established church whose pastor she is a partner with in the ministry. Out of desperation, without asking on the Lord, I just agreed. She promised she will help me with finding job, while I serve at this church.

Little did I know that she wanted to take advantage of my situation and she has been pestering me to be sleeping with her because even God knows that we have feelings to satisfy. I have been ignoring her and she keeps on threatening and harassing me.
I feel like giving up all together and go back to my country and stay with my lovely wife and children. I need your wise advice brethren. What can I do to over come this?
Go back home to your wife that you shouldn't have left in the first place for any reason.

eddie1801

Jun 9, 2013
The bible says flee from temptation.. Anyone who pressures you to commit adultery and claim to be a prophet is a false prophet. There are many deceiving spirits out there in the world. God looks at the heart, many people have many different titles, but how does God see them. Again flee from this situation

Sep 26, 2013
is there a way you could cut contact out of your life and go back to normal? ask God to forgive you for not praying first and ask him to show you the way, be patient,be still and know, If God sent you to South Africa to do your studies, wouldnt you believe He would have you finish them, He will find a way, learn and move on, God will also bless you for enduring a tempation, its just Satan trying to get you out off Gods tracks and make your life miserable with regrets, dont give up brother

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Mate, go back to your wife and children, God knows they need you!
Holy Spirit will teach you

Oct 12, 2013
The bible says flee from temptation.. Anyone who pressures you to commit adultery and claim to be a prophet is a false prophet. There are many deceiving spirits out there in the world. God looks at the heart, many people have many different titles, but how does God see them. Again flee from this situation
Only cowards run.

B

Blackson

Go back home to your wife that you shouldn't have left in the first place for any reason.
Thank you for your advice. However, I wonder if leaving your wife and go studying somewhere is a crime. Many people go for further studies outside their countries and they do not go with their spouses all the time. The problem is not me looking for a woman to sleep with, rather a woman is pestering me.

O

overcomer2

This woman reminds me of the woman in Proverbs.
Proverbs2:16To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; Go Back!