I feel like in in a huge ditch and i have no idea how to get out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

glfjb

hey guys...I thought I would just talk about how i am feeling in my life right now..because I feel as if there are some great people on here that will not judge me and maybe helped me out a little.

I have always been very emotionally driven..from a young age. the smallest thing can eithier make my day or make it really bad. Because of this, I have been upset alot these days...

I was brought up in the church mywhole life...so I have known what Jesus did on the cross..how he loves me beyond anything I can ever known...but I ahve been starting to feel that I am just ogin through the motions...I go to church..but I rarely pray...I don't read my bible...
Part of htat for me i guess...is that I am like Thomas..I need to feel His physical presence...like hes sitting right here with me...holding me when I cry...laughing when im happy...
I also feel like He would have bigger problems than me...why would He care about me...which i knwo is totally wrong..ikts probably the devil having fun with me...

On top of all this..I have had some bad thigns ahppen to me...things not working out with school...mom being disappointed in me...

On top of all this..I have this huge part of me...that is longing..for a companion i nthis life..i know im young..i have time..but its like i feed off of their attention...its like I feel wanted when they talk to me..
But its bad because even though I want a true lasting love...the kind where the guy is faithful...loves me through thick and thin..who doesnt leave me at the first sign of trouble...but I look for it in the wrong things...

Im scared..that if things dont change soon..its goign ot be bad...Im lost right now...I want to trust God..give him everythign and have lasting joy..but right now...I cant even do that...

What should I do..is it normal to feel this way??? Thanks guys..and Ih ope I havent said too much

R

romans1212

I feel like we have a lot in common! All I can say is maybe just sit down and just talk to God. Just don't go through the motions of praying to him. Actually sit and talk to Him, then listen. Bust out the bible and see where he leads you to read. Just take some time to be intentional with him. If you would like to talk to me more, then just message me! Like I said, I feel like we have a lot in common! So, if you wanna chat let me know!!! I'll pray that God helps to pull you up out of this ditch!

Aug 2, 2009
...All I can say is maybe just sit down and just talk to God. Just don't go through the motions of praying to him. Actually sit and talk to Him, then listen. Bust out the bible and see where he leads you to read...
Thats exactly what I do and it really works! I also use some books that have scriptures in them. They work too.

N

nutmeg88

Hang in there dude and hang onto God, he's the only one who will never let you down, and he won’t let you drown in the circumstance you’re in atm, cause he loves you more than you’ll ever know. Believe me I know. **hugs**

E

embraceswampcreature

If you're just going through the motions, its really good that you're sitting back and evaluating your faith. That happened to me a while ago, and while my faith is certainly a lot different from what it was, I'm now much happier because I was honest with myself and my beliefs. Sometimes you have to question your devotion to understand the rationale behind it, and then focus on the parts that make sense to you and strengthen those, while leaving the parts that just don't make any sense behind. Make sure that you're just not practicing your religion because "it's a good thing", but because its something that you believe in and makes rational sense to you. A lot of religion is based on faith, but if you never reconcile that faith with reason, I feel like it's much harder when you're going through a crisis to understand why you feel the way you feel. Just my opinion <3

Good luck!

A

angelos

If you feel like thomas remember he was the one who said: come let us go and die with Jesus. Doubt is something we all struggle with but trusting in God is the way to overcome it. I'm sure your brothers and sisters will keep you in prayer. God bless

S

saved_and_forgiven

Hang in there dude and hang onto God, he's the only one who will never let you down, and he won’t let you drown in the circumstance you’re in atm, cause he loves you more than you’ll ever know. Believe me I know. **hugs**

Amen sister...I like your answer

Oct 23, 2009
What your going through is normal dont be afraid. Stay calm have peace and go to God with gladness and joy and take comfort and know that he is the Lord and he will help you if you ask him and have faith!!

john 16:23-24 "--- Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

Ask the Lord for help and have faith in him. Seek him with all of your heart and go to him. pray for a desire for him, pray for a desire to read the word of God. Pray for help and that he helps you with your emotions and pray for faith to increase and have strength in the Lord. Pray that your roots grow into good soil and that you bear fruit.

God bless you and fear not for the Lord your God will help you if you come to him and be humble and submit to him!

F

FirePanther

hey guys...I thought I would just talk about how i am feeling in my life right now..because I feel as if there are some great people on here that will not judge me and maybe helped me out a little.

I have always been very emotionally driven..from a young age. the smallest thing can eithier make my day or make it really bad. Because of this, I have been upset alot these days...

I was brought up in the church mywhole life...so I have known what Jesus did on the cross..how he loves me beyond anything I can ever known...but I ahve been starting to feel that I am just ogin through the motions...I go to church..but I rarely pray...I don't read my bible...
Part of htat for me i guess...is that I am like Thomas..I need to feel His physical presence...like hes sitting right here with me...holding me when I cry...laughing when im happy...
I also feel like He would have bigger problems than me...why would He care about me...which i knwo is totally wrong..ikts probably the devil having fun with me...

On top of all this..I have had some bad thigns ahppen to me...things not working out with school...mom being disappointed in me...

On top of all this..I have this huge part of me...that is longing..for a companion i nthis life..i know im young..i have time..but its like i feed off of their attention...its like I feel wanted when they talk to me..
But its bad because even though I want a true lasting love...the kind where the guy is faithful...loves me through thick and thin..who doesnt leave me at the first sign of trouble...but I look for it in the wrong things...

Im scared..that if things dont change soon..its goign ot be bad...Im lost right now...I want to trust God..give him everythign and have lasting joy..but right now...I cant even do that...

What should I do..is it normal to feel this way??? Thanks guys..and Ih ope I havent said too much
I understand you.. It's surely because you are driven by emotion.You know, emotion them selves are really ok. I mean they are part of us, feelings add something in our ordinary life and make us live intensely things. The worst part is when we cannot manage them and we are drived by them. I have experienced that in my life so I would like to encourage you because I totally believe you can work on it! I'm not encouraging you superficially but only because I have been in the same situation you are right now and I tell you God is really changin me ! Eheh and trust me if God worked with an italian like me (and you know that as italian we really live emotions intensely) everyone can do it! I tell you things I understood that helped me to overcome this problem:

Faith is like a sixth sense we have. But the mistake we make sometimes is to let faith be strictly connected to other senses: Very often we are led in our decisions and actions by what we see and by what we feel, I mean that's normal because as human we use our senses.. But faith should be different than other senses, faith should be equipped without taking count of other senses (because we know it totally relys on God unlimited power and grace). So we can practise the 6th sense, the faith, starting deciding to believe something also if all we see and all we feel is totally opposite to what we believe. I think faith is also a decision. Sometimes we have to decide to believe or to accept that feelings and circumstances will decide for us! So when all bad thoughts come in your mind like "you are not loved by God", "God has bigger thinks to think about rather than you" you must remember yourself what are the truths that the Bible show us (for example read some verses that can help you). I know that in the beginning it won't be easy, Of course it's a process you can't change in a day, but i'm sure you can do it, but with perseverance and faith you can do it!.

Another thing: Real perseverance is not never failing, but also when failing at the end, deciding to stand up and try again :) So also if in the beginning you will fail many times remember you can still get up and try again! :)

! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Psalm2713

Hey, the big difference for me is trusting God. The best thing anyone can ever do is trust God for His words because He is that Faithful. Try to find out who God is in His words, and then believe and trust. He will teach you hw to love and to follow something greater than your emotions.
My favourite quotes: we are called to love and not to be loved. Keeps me going especially when I feel like I have nothin left to give:)

A

Abby18

It is normal to feel this way because what you described is me as well. I just want you to know it's not just you. I too am emotionally driven, and I understand how hard it is to stay motivated and to trust God completely when there is nothing tangible for you to reach and hold on to. This is a very difficult part of faith.

K

khethiwe

draw strength from Him and He shall lift youu up and strengthen your faith

N

NJesusHandzz

Hi Sister I feel you..Faith is not feeling..Faith however is believing.. no matter how you feel what you see. Know that God's word
is the truth and he said Heaven and Earth shall pass away but his word will never change so look to his word renew your mind
daily sometime this just has to be a conscious decision that no matter what you are gonna sacrifice and spend time with God.
The way you are talking doesn't line up with God's word so that Tell's me the enemy is causing you to feel this way...Just make
up in you mind that no matter how you feel your gonna believe God's word when he said Whom the Son Set's free is free
indeed. Their is therefor no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who walk according to the spirit and not
according to the flesh.. God doesn't condemn you ... In love he leads and guides you into all truths..God said he
would never leave you or forsake you..He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother..He is a very present help in
a time of trouble..God knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb.. He is all present all knowing and
all powerful.. He is the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end.. He doesn't change his mind.. He chose
you from the foundations of the earth and he has never left you in fact he lives right there on the inside of you..He
has a great plan.. Sometimes when God holds his presence from us he is just taking us to a higher level.. He is winging
you from milk to meat just hold on God will reveal himself just in time and believe he is there no matter what you feel
cause truly he watches over your every breath and he has numbered the hairs on your head.. You are his chosen vessel
He is truly your Shepard and you shall not want.. Trust.. Believe... You are very special to God..All you have to do is
believe.. It is impossible to please God without faith.. Those that come to God must believe that he is a rewarded of
them that diligently seek him.. You are still right there in God's hands.. Your footsteps are numbered by him..