I feel lonely

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
I'll probably sound desperate. But I dont even care.
I was quite popular with all the schools i went to. Girls have tried to kiss me etc, but I always rejected them
cause I didnt want to have my first kiss with a random girl.
Here in Denmark it doesnt seem to bother ANYONE who you kiss, or even who you have sex with. and it all starts so early,
(at my school and my friend circle it started at age 13!)
Anyway, so i never kissed any girls cause i rejected them (they probably think im gay, but i dont care)
I've tried to have a REAL conversation with a woman. At school and at 'clubs' but their whole mindset is about drinking, meaningless sex, drinking, gossip etc..
It may sound arrogant, but I'm craving to found a girl with a brain..
Maybe it's the place that I live, (I live on a small island in Denmark) but i honestly dont know what to do.
& Yes I've tried to meet girls other places (Libary etc) but they still have the same mindset as the other girls.
& no i dont judge fast, trust, TRUST ME. More than a few wanted meaningless sex with me.
Im so confused.
I know this is really messed up to write here, but what should I do? I'm honestly tired of being alone, and it feels like my only way of meeting a girl is that way (Yes I know most of girls on my age, as in this is an island)

F

FaithArtist

Dear Jakob, please don't ever give up hoping for that someone your heart desires to be with. As God says, three things remain forever, and one of them is hope...
Continue to pour out your desires to God..
God will fill the loneliness in you.. he truly will. Trust in Jesus with all your heart, with all you are
Isn't so good to trust upon the wisdom of our souls, you know? Your wife is going to be great! Intimacy on a whole new level... closeness to God

My dearest wishes to you and your future, God bless you :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was quite popular with all the schools i went to. Girls have tried to kiss me etc, but I always rejected them
Here in Denmark it doesnt seem to bother ANYONE who you kiss, or even who you have sex with. and it all starts so early,
Anyway, so i never kissed any girls cause i rejected them (they probably think im gay, but i dont care)
I've tried to have a REAL conversation with a woman. At school and at 'clubs' but their whole mindset is about drinking, meaningless sex, drinking, gossip etc..
Maybe it's the place that I live, (I live on a small island in Denmark) but i honestly dont know what to do.
& Yes I've tried to meet girls other places (Libary etc) but they still have the same mindset as the other girls.
& no i dont judge fast, trust, TRUST ME. More than a few wanted meaningless sex with me.
Im so confused.
I know this is really messed up to write here, but what should I do? I'm honestly tired of being alone, and it feels like my only way of meeting a girl is that way (Yes I know most of girls on my age, as in this is an island)
Is this Fantasy Island by any chance?

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks faithArtist, I'm pretty sure whenever I get a girlfriend with a good heart and a good brain, I'll love her even more, and not take her for granted, because I knew what it was to feel all alone...
And what do you mean Tourist?

D

didymos

(...)
It may sound arrogant, but I'm craving to found a girl with a brain (...)
That's not arrogant, you're just not among your kinda people (yet). That might change once you leave the island, possibly to attend university. Plenty of 'girls with brains' there! Cheer up buddy! :)

L

Lexi777

Tourist, if that's what you think a fantasy island is, then you sure don't have the right mindset that a christian should have. Just putting that out there.

Oct 22, 2013
So feeling lonely sucks. I know. But right now, all you can do is just wait and see what God has in store for your life. Don't force things. Let the right girl come to you. It might feel like a lifetime before you find her, but when you do, it will be worth all the waiting. Trust in God, he has a plan for you!
Oh and whenever you are feeling lonely or depressed about not having a girlfriend, talk to God. Pray about it. You will feel better, and appreciate what he has already given you. Hang in there!

Jul 23, 2014
God's timing is perfect Jakob. I know it's hard to wait..

D

detteu

Keep on praying and surely God give the right women for you... It is nice to hear that there are teen agers thinks the way u used to be your perspective about life and finding the right girl for you... Love God more and more

B

bananertanner

Hey Jakob,

Just wanted to remind you really quick that at age 18, you still have a long time to find someone. I'm going to second a lot of users here and say that you really just have to trust God, he knows what he is doing. In the meantime, focus on making yourself the best husband you can be, so that when you finally meet the special lady, you are everything she needs you to be. Goodluck!

Xo

F

Fishbait

Im so confused.
Don't be in such a hurry Jacob to find that special someone. I thought that I had found my 'special person' many times. I have rice marks on my face from weddings to prove it.

God has a plan for you and He will never let you down. And be careful about who you choose as that 'special person' and enjoy your youth while you still have it. See what others found out about that 'special person' after it was too late:

Adam and Eve had an ideal marriage. He didn't have to hear about all the men she could have married, and she didn't have to hear about the way his mother cooked.

Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he's finished.

My wife ran off with my best friend and I really miss him.

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink." --"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." - A conversation between Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. - Albert Einstein

A couple were being interviewed on their Golden Wedding Anniversary. "In all that time -- did you ever consider divorce?" they were asked. "Oh, no, not divorce," one said. "Murder sometimes, but never divorce."

Scientist have discovered a food to diminish a woman's sex drive by 90%. It's called Wedding Cake.

Marriage is grand and divorce is about 10 grand.

A woman was telling her friend, "It is I who made my husband a millionaire." "And what was he before you married him?" asked the friend. The woman replied "A billionaire."

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
Hi, Jacob!

I don´t know about you (you said you don´t care) but, sometimes, a simple and honest kiss (without lust) can lead to lives to a good place I recommend you to avoid missing out too long. You did well! But those things that are SUPERFICIAL could be turn deeper and sound, with that keen mind you have... Don´t get too old. Otherwise, simple and genuine things could be missed (and regretted).