I have a question about christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So ya it has come to my attention that Christians are very VERY Dispersed. I mean there are so many kind of Christians that i have wonder with all the different beliefs in Christianity How can we know who is right? I suppose the first answer would be the word, yet even the word is not enough because people can twist it to fit their own beliefs so easily. I mean that's the word of God for crying out loud man.... I know people also argue how the kind of bibles nowadays are a huge problem. Like say NIV or King james version. I mean to me the word of god is the word of god, just because it isn't the original it means to some people it's wrong. I believe in revelations the seven letters to the seven churches was not just talking about the churches back then but us too. So How do we truly know who is right?

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
It's because we as humans are uniquely different each with separate thought patterns and what we believe to be true. That is why God made the plan of salvation so simple that even a person with the mind that of a child could be saved and all other beliefs that we argue about some that may be true or not, will be negligible in the end and burned up if false.

It all comes down to one common denominator: believe Jesus, YHWH (whichever name you prefer) died on the cross, believe it with all of your heart and that He rose again 3 days later and ask Him to Save you. You must also repent of your sins. Do these things and the Bible says you WILL be saved. Nothing else is required to be saved -- it is a free gift.

Dotann

Jan 28, 2012
Your right Blain. that is why we need the Holy Spirit within us to help us to give us wisdom, discernment, understanding, truth and lead us with His direction when seeking out and reading the Word and studing the scriptures.

That is why Jesus said when i go i will send you a companion who will never leave nor forsake you and who help you in alll that you do... See, although their are many denominations and sectors of so called religions of Chrisitanity, most of us all believe in the fundemental main core value within Salvation the same. Its so simple a child can get it...

If you beleive that Jesus who is the Son of God died on the Cross for you and me to save us all from our sins and rose again on the third day... That becasue of what Jesus did, His sacrifice dieing instead of us taking our blame, and us asking for forgivness and knowing that it was recieved... Then believing that because of our faith in what Jesus did, we now have a place with Him in Heaven after we die to become like Him to live again as He did, and to always know that He keeps His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us!

All Christianity has this as its main core... On this we alll agree, and many other things too... Its just on the smaller issues thats really not a salvation issue, but ones that are based on how to walk after one has become a Christian...Even these are only a small degree, we all usually get along for the most part.... :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The only way I know my beliefs are true is to as I say a lot Seek god's heart. If i don't know something I figure well i am sure god will make it clear eventually.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Your right Blain. that is why we need the Holy Spirit within us to help us to give us wisdom, discernment, understanding, truth and lead us with His direction when seeking out and reading the Word and studing the scriptures.

That is why Jesus said when i go i will send you a companion who will never leave nor forsake you and who help you in alll that you do... See, although their are many denominations and sectors of so called religions of Chrisitanity, most of us all believe in the fundemental main core value within Salvation the same. Its so simple a child can get it...

If you beleive that Jesus who is the Son of God died on the Cross for you and me to save us all from our sins and rose again on the third day... That becasue of what Jesus did, His sacrifice dieing instead of us taking our blame, and us asking for forgivness and knowing that it was recieved... Then believing that because of our faith in what Jesus did, we now have a place with Him in Heaven after we die to become like Him to live again as He did, and to always know that He keeps His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us!

All Christianity has this as its main core... On this we alll agree, and many other things too... Its just on the smaller issues thats really not a salvation issue, but ones that are based on how to walk after one has become a Christian...Even these are only a small degree, we all usually get along for the most part.... :)
WOW amazing way to explain it:]

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

The real tangible Holy Spirit of Truth witness quicking power to reproduce Jesus living and flowing from us also comfort us MUST INCREASE while our head knowledge MUST decrease.

H

hutchie

The thing that I notice about Christians in general is that most seem to have a spirit of contention. What I mean by that is that they always want to prove a point and be right and if anyone disagrees with them they become very defensive and even ostracize themselves from others. This is not the spirit of Christ. I have met genuine believers and it is such a relief to observe the fruit of their behavior. Granted at times I have not always been agreeable to outsiders. The longer I live the more the need I see for me to show kindness to all people. It really doesn't matter if you are an infidel, it is our responsibility to demonstrate Gods love and kindness to all humanity, after all He rescued us from a dark and slippery slope. Is theology important ? Yes absolutely, but Theology with out Gods Spirit of compassion and mercy is just empty words ,or like a person playing the trombone for the first time. Fall in love with God all over again and he will grant wisdom in your personal relationships.

L

livingepistle

So ya it has come to my attention that Christians are very VERY Dispersed. I mean there are so many kind of Christians that i have wonder with all the different beliefs in Christianity How can we know who is right? I suppose the first answer would be the word, yet even the word is not enough because people can twist it to fit their own beliefs so easily. I mean that's the word of God for crying out loud man.... I know people also argue how the kind of bibles nowadays are a huge problem. Like say NIV or King james version. I mean to me the word of god is the word of god, just because it isn't the original it means to some people it's wrong. I believe in revelations the seven letters to the seven churches was not just talking about the churches back then but us too. So How do we truly know who is right?
1 John 4:1
New Living Translation (©2007)
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

John 13:35
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.

Personally, I believe that the majority of the "Christians" in the CC Site are seekers on a quest for Godly knowledge to help them in their walk through life. There are scoffers, hypocrites, and liars that nipped at Jesus also. As He suffered, so shall we for His Name's sake.

I view the CC as a rich environment to become diverse and learn how to have an answer for all persons claiming to know Jesus. I do realize that not everyone that says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."; Matthew 7:11 kjv.

Conflict and discussion is necessary for healthy human interaction. It is spiritually healthy for Christians who might have unintentionally become tunneled visioned with beliefs and or weak in areas that we need more study. "Iron sharpens Iron" and there is allot of iron personalities in the CC.

I enjoy everyone's comments in this thread and thank you for allowing me to participate

Respectfully submitted,
Living Epistle

Last edited by a moderator:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The thing that I notice about Christians in general is that most seem to have a spirit of contention. What I mean by that is that they always want to prove a point and be right and if anyone disagrees with them they become very defensive and even ostracize themselves from others. This is not the spirit of Christ. I have met genuine believers and it is such a relief to observe the fruit of their behavior. Granted at times I have not always been agreeable to outsiders. The longer I live the more the need I see for me to show kindness to all people. It really doesn't matter if you are an infidel, it is our responsibility to demonstrate Gods love and kindness to all humanity, after all He rescued us from a dark and slippery slope. Is theology important ? Yes absolutely, but Theology with out Gods Spirit of compassion and mercy is just empty words ,or like a person playing the trombone for the first time. Fall in love with God all over again and he will grant wisdom in your personal relationships.
Oh yes i know what you mean, whenever people are mean to me on here I see it a chance to be christ like. So i be as loving as i can to them. you can tell who is a seeker of god's heart by the way they speak

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The church, His Body, 'should' also be of help here since our Lord set up pastors and teachers for the equipping of the saints.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
1 John 4:1
New Living Translation (©2007)
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

John 13:35
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.

Personally, I believe that the majority of the "Christians" in the CC Site are seekers on a quest for Godly knowledge to help them in their walk through life. There are scoffers, hypocrites, and liars that nipped at Jesus also. As He suffered, so shall we for His Name's sake.

I view the CC as a rich environment to become diverse and learn how to have an answer for all persons claiming to know Jesus. I do realize that not everyone that says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."; Matthew 7:11 kjv.

Conflict and discussion is necessary for healthy human interaction. It is spiritually healthy for Christians who might have unintentionally become tunneled visioned with beliefs and or weak in areas that we need more study. "Iron sharpens Iron" and there is allot of iron personalities in the CC.

I enjoy everyone's comments in this thread and thank you for allowing me to participate

Respectfully submitted,
Living Epistle
All of this is true my friend:] I see cc also as the body of christ, different parts of the body here in cc. The head are the wise and mature in christ, the arms and hands the ones who pray for others. the heart is those who ( Like me) who want to spread the lords love and show the world who he is. The legs and feet are those who help others in their hour off need and point them in the direction of faith

P

Professor

Hey Blain,
Recently I thought I was doing something right -- sharing a particular interpretation of scripture based on a bunch of commentary I read. I even had a pastor friend endorse what I was saying. BUT... as I was sharing this particular interpretation, the Holy Spirit within me became deeply unsettled and uncomfortable, and I knew IMMEDIATELY that what I was sharing was FALSE! Whoa... made me realize I ought not to rely so heavily on man's commentary or a pastor's authority, but to rely on God! If you walk with God then the Holy Spirit will shout at you if you are being led astray. At least this is my experience! God bless you Blain!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hey Blain,
Recently I thought I was doing something right -- sharing a particular interpretation of scripture based on a bunch of commentary I read. I even had a pastor friend endorse what I was saying. BUT... as I was sharing this particular interpretation, the Holy Spirit within me became deeply unsettled and uncomfortable, and I knew IMMEDIATELY that what I was sharing was FALSE! Whoa... made me realize I ought not to rely so heavily on man's commentary or a pastor's authority, but to rely on God! If you walk with God then the Holy Spirit will shout at you if you are being led astray. At least this is my experience! God bless you Blain!
Professor the holy spirit has done that sort of thing to me as well but in a different way. See there was a self proclaiming prophet on t.v. around three am. He performed healing(or so we were supposed to think) and i thought hmm is he perhaps real? then the holy spirit inside me cried out and i got a horrible feeling from this self proclaimed prophet. i looked on the web and it turns out he was proven a fake and could no longer preach in the u.s. .because of all the money he took from desperate ppl. he was preaching from australia when i saw him

P

Powemm

it is Jesus being in us we recognize in one another ..
The fruits of the spirit are love joy peace patience kindness and long suffering ..
When you speak to me .. It should be like I'm looking and listening to Jesus
The same goes for you.. If I'm speaking to you you should be able to recognize Him in me ..
Being in agreement with one another has a lot to do with this ..
Do we recognize and are we mirroring His image .,

P

Professor

You know what I am talking about! :)
I'm sure a lot of us have felt when the Holy Spirit feels that things just aren't right!

Professor the holy spirit has done that sort of thing to me as well but in a different way. See there was a self proclaiming prophet on t.v. around three am. He performed healing(or so we were supposed to think) and i thought hmm is he perhaps real? then the holy spirit inside me cried out and i got a horrible feeling from this self proclaimed prophet. i looked on the web and it turns out he was proven a fake and could no longer preach in the u.s. .because of all the money he took from desperate ppl. he was preaching from australia when i saw him

Feb 17, 2013
Usually it is because we run smack into Romans 7. We are perplexed and don't know what to do. We don't like what we are doing but, can't help yourself and we either give up or try to justify by scripture that what we are doing is okay. Then, doctrine is born out of it. Dotann is right and that's why need the Holy Spirit and our faith focused on the cross.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ya I hear everyone always talk of doctrine, if i am correct there are many kinds of christian doctrine right? But there is but one narrow road to god. And there is but one road also, now is perhaps all these many christian doctriens still on that narrow path or is many of them off the narrow path and few are on it? I do not usually bother with doctrine I just read the bible and seek god, however i am curious.

Feb 17, 2013
Well there are the Calvinist, which is once saved always saved no matter what you do. Then, there are the predestined ones. Meaning, if you were meant to be saved, you have no choice and if you were meant to burn in hell , you have no choice. Then there is word of faith, which came out of name it and claim it and don't mention sin cause that's a bad confession. Then, there are the ones that say there is no hell and everybody goes to heaven anyway, no matter what. Then there is the gospel that Paul preached and it say's faith in the cross because there is nothing else we can do. Which lines up with how God accounted righteousness to Abraham, and the one I am going with.

But, there are more than what I mentioned.