I Just Discovered Hummus ( And I like it :) )

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

Yeah, like the Title says, I like it, simple straight and clean . And taste nothing like garbanzo beans :)

B

BernardW

Isn't it great? Try falafel too (if you haven't already), it's like deep fried hummus with onion and spices, YUM!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
You hum I hum we all hum for the humm yum?

7seven7

Isn't it great? Try falafel too (if you haven't already), it's like deep fried hummus with onion and spices, YUM!
I get to eat all that stuff every day of my life haha I come from a Lebanese background if you ever come to Australia, you'll have to come to my place and try the traditional home made stuff my mother makes

Oct 31, 2011
I get to eat all that stuff every day of my life haha I come from a Lebanese background if you ever come to Australia, you'll have to come to my place and try the traditional home made stuff my mother makes
It is no fair tempting us and they not giving us the recipe. Go ask your mother, we are all waiting.

Dec 21, 2012
Well you're my cousin then and very lucky. My grandmother made world class hummus, baba ganoush, kibbeh, and all the rest. My mom is too angry.

7seven7

It is no fair tempting us and they not giving us the recipe. Go ask your mother, we are all waiting.
I'll do that when I get home after work if you want. Maybe we should start a thread about recipes? It'll be fun!

7seven7

Well you're my cousin then and very lucky. My grandmother made world class hummus, baba ganoush, kibbeh, and all the rest. My mom is too angry.
Cool! Where are you from? Hey can I ask, did your grandmother make the symbol of the cross in things like kibbeh as a way of blessing the food? It used to be done very commonly with the old timers, but I don't see it much anymore

I

isoneedahug

lebanese food is sooo goooood yum yum! :)

May 4, 2014
How are you even supposed to consume hummus, anyway? Is it like some sort of sauce or ingredient used in cooking for certain dishes, or can it be eaten straight from the container as-is?

Nov 30, 2012
How are you even supposed to consume hummus, anyway? Is it like some sort of sauce or ingredient used in cooking for certain dishes, or can it be eaten straight from the container as-is?
Straight, but it's best with chips and fresh baked unleavened Bread.

M

meggars

I dip my celery in it. and bell peppers. mmmm

Nov 30, 2012
I've found as a medieval historian, amateur, that the old countries have far and away the best food. I also find it interesting that it is the food of peasants that survives, and not the food of the aristocracy.

Nov 30, 2012
I've often joked that food in Heaven will be blissful because everyone's grandma will be there.

J

JustinUK

Yeah it's a great source of protein!