I just turned 39.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hethr

Still. Single.

Anyone in my boat? I'd appreciate the company.

B

Beloved57

No Sorry, I have you beat by 7-8 years, will be turning 47, late October. But just keep faith in God's Promises; I'm sure He will lead you to someone, as I recently complained to God in prayer about being single, and He just show me how many times I missed opportunities to start a relationship. Just be alert to God Spirit and leading in this area.

I apologizes, as I know around birthdays, and holidays it hurts to be single, but I'm sure God will lead you to someone.

L

Liz01

Hi Hethr, im on the boat of the 37s almost 38 and still single too.
I would like to marry but in the last years God has been showing me that He has a purpose in every thing that He does, so im trying to fulfill His purpose as a single woman, i have received a lot of strenght from Him and joy in each thing that i do everyday. And im waiting patiently enjoying each thing that He gives me and every thing i do because His word because i know that when He send me a husband i will have to fulfill His purpose as a married woman. :)

R

rauleetoe

Still. Single.

Anyone in my boat? I'd appreciate the company.

I am 33, still single..everyone around me has gotten married or is about to tie the knot it seems..some are happy..one is getting a divorce..i've seen family members divorce and remarry several times. I think some just are doomed to repeat their mistakes. I do understand..in a way, i am glad for me that i am still single..even though at times it is lonely. I have so much to learn and work through before i am to be married. Hopefully it isn't much longer..but whatever happens, i know God's grace is sufficient. I do feel your pain neighbor..

R

rauleetoe

No Sorry, I have you beat by 7-8 years, will be turning 47, late October. But just keep faith in God's Promises; I'm sure He will lead you to someone, as I recently complained to God in prayer about being single, and He just show me how many times I missed opportunities to start a relationship. Just be alert to God Spirit and leading in this area.

I apologizes, as I know around birthdays, and holidays it hurts to be single, but I'm sure God will lead you to someone.
I hear ya on this one, But i am gratefull that God is a good God, who is a giving God..and one of many second chances..I know i have blown it when i've met amazing christian women by not being 'that christian brother' and just totally trying to make something happen or do as the world does regarding dating. I am learning..I am glad he is teaching me. I am more open to learning/listening now as opposed to before..he's working on me for sure..

H

Hethr

Thanks guys.. feel slightly better :)

M

myselfdiscovery

why do we continue praying about it anyway, when His answer is as good as a no to me

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
why do we continue praying about it anyway, when His answer is as good as a no to me
I like to think God says wait or I have something better rather than no. :) But that is just me.

Now, in response to the original post, I am 32. No available godly men around me...no available men at all. Never has been a prospect in my life. I wait on God because it matters not so long as I am in His will. Marriage? Great! Celibacy and single? Great! Seriously, whatever He wants works for me...and in His timing too. I am in no rush. :)

H

hellobacky

what God is doing???? Despair,Despair..........

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
what God is doing???? Despair,Despair..........
I recommend reading Job 38-41, and realize that God does more than we can ever fathom and He has a plan that He will bring to pass in His timing. The ways of God are far above the ways of man, and His thoughts above our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8). Do not despair because as long as you are His, you will overcome the seasons of loneliness. Let Jesus be everything to you, to satisfy your every need and to have access to all of you, and I assure you that your despair and anxiety will fade away.

The Bible says that we are friends of God and as friends we are told what God is doing (John 15). Are you God's friend or are you still living as His servant only? Jesus says that a friend lays down his life for another. This is what Jesus did for us, of course, so that we can be saved. As such, we are sons and daughters of God, considered friends of God, brought into His confidence. He reveals His plans to us in the measure that we can receive. If you have not fully accepted this, then you are still living out your salvation as one of works, how much you can do for God, rather than of grace, knowing that nothing we do (or don't do) can make Him love us less. As a friend of God, He will show you His plans.

Rest in this, trust in the salvation that comes through repentance, and know that God is up to something...something good! :)

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I will be 49 in Nov. Seem like the years are going by to fast. I don't feel like i am that old. I know how you feel.

M

Moe

Well happy birthday and best wishes. If I was in your boat it would be taking on some water, I'm 70 and the Lord has given me good health, good wife, good kids, heck, He has given me everything I needed. I pray He will the the same for you..Cheers

H

Hethr

I like to think God says wait or I have something better rather than no. :) But that is just me.

Now, in response to the original post, I am 32. No available godly men around me...no available men at all. Never has been a prospect in my life. I wait on God because it matters not so long as I am in His will. Marriage? Great! Celibacy and single? Great! Seriously, whatever He wants works for me...and in His timing too. I am in no rush. :)
YES! same here, I blame it on my city LOL.. I've never had a prospect either. Seriously though it's nice to hear I'm not the only one. I am usually ok with it, except the mini tantrum every now and then.. like my birthday.

H

Hethr

Thanks Beloved57, I hope the same for you.

May 29, 2012
39? and single, is it rally that bad? You get to do what you want when you want and not have to consult with your mate if its ok. I know Im only 32 but Im enjoing my self as much as possible. yes its lonely sometimes but I rather be alone and happy than with the wrong person and be miserable for a long time. So take your time have fun and be ready mr right for your shall be put right in front of you when you least expect it :)

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
YES! same here, I blame it on my city LOL.. I've never had a prospect either. Seriously though it's nice to hear I'm not the only one. I am usually ok with it, except the mini tantrum every now and then.. like my birthday.
Yeah...birthdays can do that. :) What gets me through is knowing that God is in control and has a plan...I just have to be passionately patient. :)