i just want a good christian guy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shaaa

I just want a guy who is amazing but who is also a devoted christian. someone who i could praise God with, pray with, but still have a relationship with:)

K

kenisyes

Welcome to CC, Shaaa. I think you might still have a few years until God sets you up with that, although you never know with God. That sounds to me like what every Christian girl wants. Also, with just the change of the word "guy" to "gal", it sounds like what every Christian guy wants. Are you working on following Jesus closely, so you can be that for the guy when the time comes? If you do that, then "amazing" will recognize "amazing" when the time comes.

E

Eclectica

Jip. I know the feeling. But hey your still very young, so you'll find one ;)

Z

zaoman32

You got good advice so far. Waiting sucks, but it's better than regretting a decision.

S

spirit1st

The Christain is those Born of GOd ! Not our flesh part but our Spirit ! That why He tells us to test every Spirit ! Because we are All a Spirit being just as GOD is !
Christian means Christ -like which our Spirit is after salvation 1 We get His type mind and nature in our spirit man 1
Gal_4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

1Co_2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2Pe_1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Eph_4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

WE are called tested and tried if Willing to Follow ONLY HIM ? Then He makes us a New creature , one of the elect !
Many are Called But few choosen !few allow HIm to be LORD ! few Follow ONLY HIM ! Our is a One on ONE Relationship Forever more !has nothing to do with churches here or Religions or Others ! It a True LOVE story between our father God though Jesus christ forever more !

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh_6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Mic_6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

S

sam22

yes, i understand but you are still young you have plenty of time. Patience is a virtue.

Jul 25, 2005
You are 16. I remember being your age and crying about how there was nobody to even date. Well, now I have the opposite problem. Of course I moved from Western NY to Central VA. That had an effect for certain.

S

Shaaa

Ha, thanks guys ! i will remeber your words , and i will try to make paitence my virtue

A

agirlandherguitar

When I was 16 my parents allowed me to start dating... and my response was "heeeeeellll NO!" which was my general response up until a few years ago. Although to be honest I went to a public school and all of the boys were "gangsta" and obnoxious.

Are you feeling this way because all of your friends are starting to pair off? If so, you could feel lonely and left out of the infamous "couples circle" and maybe your reasons for wanting a boyfriend are not quite genuine. Most of us learn from the painful lesson of jumping into a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship. You don't need to be one of those girls. Enjoy being single and relish in your independence for a while. Don't dwell on finding Mr. Right because God will deliver him to you with a big ol' bow on his head in due time.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hey, Miss Shaa, welcome to the site! :)

When I was your age, I felt very much the way you do now....heck, I STILL feel that way sometimes! :D

However, over the years of singleness I've experienced since then, I've hopefully learned to find my identity in Christ, and to lean on Him. If I had been in a serious relationship before learning that, I probably would have relied on my boyfriend too much.

Seek The Kingdom of God first, try to get to know Him as much as possible, and He'll send people and circumstances your way in His timing ;). His ways are perfect, and He loves you! Never forget that, Sis. Love, Nichole ♥

J

jimmydiggs

No such thing as a good Christian, Christians recognize that they aren't good. You won't find what doesn't exist.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
^^^Lol, true that, Mr. Diggs. :D But I hope we both know that she was only referring to someone who is at least TRYING to be a good example of how Jesus wants us to live...no, they themselves aren't good, but the Jesus in some people shines brighter than in others, and I think that has to do with how much we allow Him to influence us.

Is that suitable, Mr. Stickler? :p

J

jimmydiggs

^^^Lol, true that, Mr. Diggs. :D But I hope we both know that she was only referring to someone who is at least TRYING to be a good example of how Jesus wants us to live...no, they themselves aren't good, but the Jesus in some people shines brighter than in others, and I think that has to do with how much we allow Him to influence us.

Is that suitable, Mr. Stickler? :p
"devoted christian."

Is their anyone devoted fully? Half-devoted? Quarter-devoted?

If I had seen "trying" I likely would not have posted, but that's not what I saw nor see.

I think, it is quite clear that "trying" is too little.

I guess, personally I would put it at somewhere between he/she who pretends to be a Christian, and she/she who pretends to be righteous on their own account. ;)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
^^ohhhhhkaaaayyyyy.....Not entirely sure what you mean here, but I don't want to derail Miss Shaa's thread any more than we already have. pm me if you want to hash it out, k? I appreciate your sensitivity to being honest before God, but semantics can get a little wearing for those who aren't ready for them.

L

lilymay

I'm 33, and I'm still waiting for a good Christian guy.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Look for a man who is Godly, not just pretending to be Godly. I say man because you don't want a boy... and most boys at your age need to walk down a lot more roads before they become a man. :(

Z

zmr

The advice everyone else has been giving is very good. Focus on your relationship with God and become that godly wife that you would want to be for your husband. The Lord will see your patience and virtue and bless you with a great husband. Until then you can just have friends and learn what it means to spend time with others and deal with their flaws. It will shed some light on things you may not even be thinking about right now. Don't worry, you have a lot of time to learn at your age :)

G

Grace52

Your only 16, now is the time to explore the world your in. If your going to do something, get out an do it now because once you get married, you have to think of the other person first. Take your time, have fun, go to college or vo-tech what ever is in your heart to do. (after much prayer) Travel some. Did you know you can buy an amtrack train ticket for the whole month an travel anywhere in the united states. Same way with greyhound buss lines. Try it...its great. But wait till you graduate high school an turn 18.