I may might've accidentlly blaspemed the Holy Spirit. Will I be condemned?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PN

I'm paranoid schizophrenic. I'm mentally ill. I heard command-prompt voices in my head telling me to say things that make no sense. But, one thing these voices told me to say was "the holy nothing".

The thing is, I didn't mean to say it, and I darn sure that I didn't mean it to blaspheme the holy spirit. It was an accident and I did not mean to ever insult the holy spirit.

Will I be condemned for this? I hope not. :(

A

Ariel82

You can't "accidently" blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

God looks at the heart and not the outward appearances.

What do you know of the gospel?

Are you being treated by a doctor for your mental illness?

Do you have a good home church family?

(this all assuming this is legit and not a bait and run tactic)

P

PN

Yes to all three questions. I love God, his son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I believe in all three beings. I would never try to sin them. I accepted Christ as my lord and savior, long ago.

I cofessed my sin, and repented.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Depleted

That's like Tourette Syndrome. There is the impulse in the body that either forces the body to doing an action or blurting something. It feels like an itch. You can not-scratch an itch, but if you do that, the itch gets more demanding that it needs a good scratch. Withhold the scratch long enough, and the body erupts in a violent shutter/spasm, which ends up is only calmed down by scratching the itch. (My husband has something like Tourettes, so I know what's going on before the eruption hits. It really is visible for those knowing what they're seeing.)

So, what you're asking is can you scratch the itch when you're body doesn't give you another choice? Of course. And does the itch mean anything other than it needs a scratch? Nope.

So you didn't sin. You merely needed to scratch the itch.

Have you seen any doctors that can give you medications so you don't have to do this? Apparently, you know your health problems. But sometimes that health problem has another kind of itch. That itch says, "Don't treat me." To me, that's like the demand to say something you don't really want to say. Even if you have to put up with that voice, you can still not take it at its word and get treated.

I hear the meds are tough, and figuring out which levels work best is tough too. But, in the long run, I'd rather have more control over myself, and know, on occasion, an itch will come that I have to scratch anyway. It beats living a life where there is always a few itches over me demanding my attention at all times.

A

Ariel82

Okay,that's good.

Have you talked to your church and asked them to lay hands and pray for you?

Maybe pray and study the Bible more?

It always help me to focus on God's words to dispel outside influences on my heart and mind

P

PN

I know of a good radio show on Sirius XM that is of healing and prayer. So, I can call them from my home.

I will most certainly read and study my Bible more.

Dec 21, 2012
I'm paranoid schizophrenic. I'm mentally ill. I heard command-prompt voices in my head telling me to say things that make no sense. But, one thing these voices told me to say was "the holy nothing".

The thing is, I didn't mean to say it, and I darn sure that I didn't mean it to blaspheme the holy spirit. It was an accident and I did not mean to ever insult the holy spirit.

1 John 1:[SUP]3 [/SUP]That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.[SUP]4 [/SUP]And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.[SUP]5 [/SUP]This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.[SUP]6 [/SUP]If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:[SUP]7 [/SUP]But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.[SUP]8 [/SUP]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.[SUP]9 [/SUP]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.[SUP]10 [/SUP]If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

So ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you for that thought or even saying that thought, and ask Him to help you not do that again, but as far as that being an unforgivable sin....

The only sin that the Holy Spirit will convict by and thus not forgive is the sin of unbelief in Jesus Christ. There is no point of condemning any one if there was a greater sin as being against only the Person of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:[SUP]7 [/SUP]Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.[SUP]8 [/SUP]And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:[SUP]9[/SUP]Of sin, because they believe not on me;[SUP]10 [/SUP]Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;[SUP]11 [/SUP]Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

The sin of not believing in Jesus Christ is the unforgivable sin. What the Pharisees were doing was resisting believing in Jesus Christ regardless of the works of the Father thru the Holy Spirit in witness of Him as the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The sin against the Holy Ghost is the sin He is going to convict any sinner by; for not believing on Jesus Christ.

You believe in Him and so you are safe; but you should know you can call on Jesus Christ to cast down wicked imaginations and ask Jesus to help you keep your mind on good things in resisting the devil & the devil will flee from you.

James 4:[SUP]6 [/SUP]But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.[SUP]7 [/SUP]Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.[SUP]8 [/SUP]Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.[SUP]9 [/SUP]Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.[SUP]10 [/SUP]Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Psalm 19:[SUP]12 [/SUP]Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.[SUP]13 [/SUP]Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.[SUP]14 [/SUP]Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Hebrews 4:[SUP]12 [/SUP]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.[SUP]13 [/SUP]Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.[SUP]14 [/SUP]Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.[SUP]15 [/SUP]For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.[SUP]16 [/SUP]Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Timothy 4:[SUP]18 [/SUP]And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Corinthians 10:[SUP]4 [/SUP](For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)[SUP]5 [/SUP]Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;[SUP]6 [/SUP]And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Philippians 4:[SUP]4 [/SUP]Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.[SUP]5 [/SUP]Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.[SUP]6 [/SUP]Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.[SUP]7 [/SUP]And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.[SUP]8 [/SUP]Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.[SUP]9 [/SUP]Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Jude 1:[SUP]24 [/SUP]Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,[SUP]25 [/SUP]To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Dec 19, 2009

No, but it sounds like you need professional help regarding your mental illness.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No, but it sounds like you need professional help regarding your mental illness.
Medical help and Christian counseling, with someone well-versed in spiritual warfare. :)

Feb 24, 2015

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to take something that clearly is a work of God,
and call it a work of the enemy. This is overt slander and evil against His work, and
serves to destroy the work of the miraculous out of spite and enmity with the Lord.

And the work we are talking about here is mainly healings which clearly are proven
true and miraculous but even so are called a work of satan and a demon.

It takes real hatred of God and a hatred of His working to get to this state.
And few are truly this stupid.