I need a message from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rachee_boo

It is hard to have faith anymore in myself. I'm just keeping my faith in God and that he will send me a message about having to do whats right.

I dropped out of high school my sophmore year because of being bullied physically and emotionally to the point of not wanting to go to school anymore. My parents went up to the principal 3 times complaining about it, but they didn't do a thing. So, I dropped out of public school once the year was over. After that, I went into a public online school hoping that would work. There were a lot of pros to it. I got to do school work in my pajamas and I didn't have to put up with being bullied everyday. There were a lot of cons to it though. I was really depressed because the school work took up my whole day everyday. I hardly ever got to even go outside so I was cased in most of the day, and I didn't get help with subjects such as math.

There were online tutoring lessons for math each week and I went to most of them. I didn't get help though with math that much which left me behind in school work. I tried to catch up as much as I can, but was still behind. I was so behind by the end of the school year that I flunked the tenth grade. I was so disappointed with myself with the fact that I flunked. I dropped out of the online public school, and am set to go get my GED now. I want to go get my GED, but I feel a lot of social anxiety going into a brand new classroom with a lot of people that are all of different age groups. So, I've been holding off on getting my GED on purpose.

I have been moving forward with a lot of other things such as studying for my driver's license and am not as depressed as I was before. One thing is missing though that I really need and that is my GED. I don't know what I should do though. Get help for my social anxiety or go take a leap forward and just go to the prep class to get my GED. I've been living with a lot of guilt though. I feel like I'm such a failure to my parents and even to God. Do you think God is disappointed in me because I dropped out? I don't know. It might sound silly since I know God loves me, but I feel like He's disappointed in my choices of dropping out. I just need a message desperately on what to do.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I feel like I can tell my brothers and sisters with Christ this without being judged.

Thank you.

J

jkalyna

:) GOD IS PLEASED WITH YOU NOT DISAPOINTED WITH YOU. BIBLE SAYS, THE LORD HAS A GOOD PLAN FOR YOU. WE SHOULD NOT TRY TO LIVE UP TO ANOTHER'S EXPECTATIONS, BUT TO THE LORD AND WHAT HE WANTS. I HOME SCHOOLED MY DAUGHTER AND SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO THE SAME FOR HER CHILDREN. I KNOW THAT ON LINE SCHOOLS, CAN BE STRANGLY DIFFERENT, AND EVEN DIFFICULT. I PERSONALLY AM PROUD THAT YOU LEFT THAT ENVIORNMENT, BUT CONTINUED WITH YOUR STUDIES. I DON'T THINK YOU DID ANYTHING WRONGE, BUT EVERYTHING RIGHT. TO TELL THE TRUTH. I DROPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL 3 MONTHS BEFORE GRADUATION BECAUSE MY LIFE WAS DISRUPTED AT HOME AND I WAS ON MY OWN AT 17. WORKING, TRYING TO GO TO HIGH SCHOOL, HITCH HIKING TO WORK, AND ALL THE THINGS THAT CAN BE LABLED AS " BEING UNLOVED" TOOK A TOLL ON ME AND I QUIT. I GOT MY GED, AND BECAME A NURSE. YOU SHOULDN'T BE FEELING IN A PIT. I THINK THAT YOU NEED TO SHAKE OFF THE SNAKES OF THE MEMORIES OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BULLIED YOU BECAUSE THEY TOOK AND DUMPED YOUR SELF ESTEEM INTO THE GARBAGE CAN ALONG WITH THE HOLY BIBLE. YOUR IDENITY IS WITH THE FATHER, ENGRAFTED, ADOPTED INTO HIS ROYALITY OF HOLINESS. GET YOUR SELF UP AND LOOK INTO THE MIRROR AND IDENTIFY YOURSELF THAT YOU BELONG TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY. BE BLESSED IN YESHUAS' NAME. AMEN

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Jesus, please let Rachael feel just how much You love her. Please help her to get on track with her schoolwork, and please help her to grow closer to You. Thank You that she's not being bullied anymore, and please help her to rest in You and know how loved she is.

And Jesus, regarding her anxiety, please teach her to cast all of her cares on you, because You really do care for her and want to take them all away. Please help her to talk with You like You're her best friend, because I know she'll never have a better one. And please help her to find comfort in these verses:

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Hey, little sister, you're not a failure because you don't have a high school diploma. God loves you...immensely!

I do sympathsize A LOT with young people in high school. Is the world crazy or what? The stress was bad when I was in high school and now there is totally no discipline with these out-of-control youth. High school is worse than boot camp (though I've never been in boot camp I've heard some details ;) ).

Go to your GED classes. Usually, the social structure is NOT what it is in high school. For one thing, these are different age people and not as immature as teenagers. For another, these people haven't been around each other enough to form cliques. Matter of fact, I would guess that almost ALL of them have the exact same anxiety about going as you do :) .

I really admire the fact that you realize that you need to do something about your education...you've taken the biggest step. You just need to have more faith in your abilities. If you need tutoring ask your instructor if he knows anyone that tutors for free.

Praying for strength and guidance for you :)

W

wwjd_kilden

You are not a failure! Please don't think that about yourself. I know from experience that it will only make you want to stop trying.

You know what? I barely passed math even though I was at school (and I was one of those who was accused of being the teachers pet). It just wouldn't stick in my brain. We have our strenths and weaknesses: Get better at what you are not good at, but keep your focus on what you are good at.

the best way to beat depression and social anxiey is to get out there, even if you have to start out small scale. I assume there are study groups where you can join a small nr of people and get to know them better, rather than facing everyone at the same time.

And remember: God can use you just the way you are right now!

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

We're somewhat on the same page here. I was bullied all my school life and I have frightening social anxiety. I'm afraid of going to family events even :/ May I suggest seeing a counselor? Sometimes they can prescribe anxiety medications or talk it out with you and make it seem less scary. I know what it's like to be afraid of people, and I always feel like throwing up before I go see my counselor, but it's worth a shot, right? I'm going to be praying for you. Remember that you are a smart person and that you're there for you and no one else. God's got your back and so do we. Keep us updated!

M

MsRobinson

It is hard to have faith anymore in myself. I'm just keeping my faith in God and that he will send me a message about having to do whats right.

I dropped out of high school my sophmore year because of being bullied physically and emotionally to the point of not wanting to go to school anymore. My parents went up to the principal 3 times complaining about it, but they didn't do a thing. So, I dropped out of public school once the year was over. After that, I went into a public online school hoping that would work. There were a lot of pros to it. I got to do school work in my pajamas and I didn't have to put up with being bullied everyday. There were a lot of cons to it though. I was really depressed because the school work took up my whole day everyday. I hardly ever got to even go outside so I was cased in most of the day, and I didn't get help with subjects such as math.

There were online tutoring lessons for math each week and I went to most of them. I didn't get help though with math that much which left me behind in school work. I tried to catch up as much as I can, but was still behind. I was so behind by the end of the school year that I flunked the tenth grade. I was so disappointed with myself with the fact that I flunked. I dropped out of the online public school, and am set to go get my GED now. I want to go get my GED, but I feel a lot of social anxiety going into a brand new classroom with a lot of people that are all of different age groups. So, I've been holding off on getting my GED on purpose.

I have been moving forward with a lot of other things such as studying for my driver's license and am not as depressed as I was before. One thing is missing though that I really need and that is my GED. I don't know what I should do though. Get help for my social anxiety or go take a leap forward and just go to the prep class to get my GED. I've been living with a lot of guilt though. I feel like I'm such a failure to my parents and even to God. Do you think God is disappointed in me because I dropped out? I don't know. It might sound silly since I know God loves me, but I feel like He's disappointed in my choices of dropping out. I just need a message desperately on what to do.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I feel like I can tell my brothers and sisters with Christ this without being judged.

Thank you.
IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. BADLY WANT TO MAKE MY MOTHER PROUD OF ME. DONT WANT TO FEEL LIKE A FAILURE. LOW PAYING JOB ETC. HOPING FOR THE BEST.

Jul 28, 2012
I used to get exactly the same anxiety. When you hear those voices in your head just tell them to shut up and remind them that Jesus loves you. Anxiety medicine is likely not the answer. Just remember that you are a full and whole child of god, created in his image. Society will get you down, especially at your age. Going to college is not the most important thing in the world. Students that go to technical schools make more than enough money to live. It is not about what you have, but who you are. Remember that anyone that thinks they are better than you is immediately not better than you. Pity them for not seeing the light that love would have in their life. Jesus says to not resist evil, whosoever slaps you on the right, turn the left for them to slap as well.

G

Gabe_96

1. God won't change your situation, nor remove your anxiety if he doesn't want to, because as eternal perfection he knows what is good for you. So, for the faith part, it is normal that you can be decieved if your expectations from God aren't what they should be: what is good for you. Everything that get into your life is perfectly what you need to get through, (maybe because you need to get a lesson out of it or something... only him knows) and that's where trust come in the fantastic equation of faith and tribulations. If you have faith that God will give you relief, and if that's not part of the plan for your life at the moment, you will be decieved because you won't get it. Everything is perfect and a testimony to the greatness of God.

2. God isn't disappointed that you think of dropping out, your parents are. And God can't be disappointed because he knows you so well that he knows what you will do before you think about doing it. And he cannot be disapointed if you follow the path he has concieved for you with trust, wisdom and love, because even your biggest "mistakes" are steps that will bring you closer to him, and they were expected and made for a reason.

3. Those who bulied you are so lost, and have been hurt so much, that the only thing they can find to survive is hurt others, because they have been taught that life is a hurt and get hurt pattern. You are lucky, because you found God, and they didn't. They had no christian education. It is your duty, as a follower of Christ, to follow his example and love them. I have a lot of compassion for you, I have been bulied my self; but just think about how much they had to make YOU suffer to overcome their pain (does it give you an idea of their pain?). They are lost sheeps stuck in the arms of the darkness, and they are blind. Why don't you share the light you have as a christian to them. Don't make their punishement the principal's duty, or neither God's duty, because their only punishement is their blindness. And it is this very blindness that will bring them closer to God, as they will open their eyes and see the love of the holy lamb. (I'm not saying that you want revenge, I don't know if you do, and it's just in case you do ;) It's just to help you make peacewith what you've been through and those who hurt you.)

4. How many times can we read "Fear not!" in the bible? XD I understand your situation, I myself had an anxiety disorder. I say "had", because as soon as I realised that it isn't about this perverted society's criterias, everything went away and I needed medication no more (not a crazy thought i had, I stopped medication with my psychiatrist's approval, I have no more problems.) Follow God, not this capitalist system. If you're required to get into this system to put your light in it then manage to do what you have to do, But it is all about serving God the best way you can using what he gave you, not satisfying your parents, your friends or about getting recognition from this crazy world! Take your time and relax, you lose more time using it wrong and letting it pass under your nose than taking it to finish school at your rythm while keeping you mentally healthy and enjoying it. There's not only one path to get through this mortal place, and your free to respect your capacities and difficulties in life. Though, there's only one way to survive this mortal place: following the light and the way of Jesus in wisdom, love, trust and patience. Fear is mortal (because fear is about dying or not satisfying criterias we gave ourself. Fear is on a mortal perspective.) Trust is divine (because it involves you trusting God and live as your spirit that is eternal).

I hope this is the message you were asking for.

I send you all my love:) Praise the Lord. 8

J

jesusnme

no , no judgement here. i have been really depressed lately and i didnt finish school either. I hated high school so much that i did College from home but like you got real depressed and didnt finish. I also had terrible anxiety about going back to school but luckily I was put into an adult class with only 5-6 other people. all adult females so even tho im younger than everyone it actually is so much easier as other teens can be really judgemental etc.

xx

N

nathan3

You got this. Your cure you can find in God's word. Hang in there you got this for sure. Your story mirrors my own. Just work on building you confidence.
The people going to those classes are there for the same reason you are most often. So no need to feel out of place. and if you need some free online help for study, I know a few good ones. Just leave a message and I will get those to you with what you need. Peace. You got this.

J

jesusnme

i have a book on anxiety , dperession etc and as much as i hate to admit it -- has actually kinda helped. you may or may not have heard of 'fight or flight' . i will type an extract:

"When we are threatened by something or are in danger, our bodies respond with a series of biochemical changes aimed at preparing us to fight or escape. The problem is , our brain does not distinguish between was is real danger and what is imaigined.

Many novice public speakers for example say public speaking can gererate as much terror/anxiety as any real physical danger. What we percieve as threatening and the way we anticipate problems or challenges in the future, whether real or not, mayb be 'real' enough for our brain to activiate a repsonse.

Mild levels of 'fight or flight' response - i.e anxiety is ok and can energise us and improve thinking . Too much anxiety especially if prolonged can intefere woth our lives."

So this helped me because i thought there was something wrong with me. Why did i have this anxiety. but by telling myself that this is the way i have been designed and its the bodys natural repsonse - when i go into a soial situation which may start my anxiety i tell my self 'fight or flight' and i choose fight and use my the energy to try to be confident .

i know thats all pretty technical...not sure if it'll be useful. Just remember - the more you do something - the more comfortable it will get . xxx