I need advice please..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Apriljanaee

I guess long story short is that I feel very discouraged & scared. My boyfriend of a year now is starting to question his faith with science, scared of death, thinks of evolution..ect.
I try to talk to help by giving what I believe but preaching isn't my gift. I'm praying to god for him & his faith. I just feel very upset & sad for him to be questioning his faith.
I would like to kno if any of can relate or help me or give me advice? I kno people all question faith eventually but he's going into the marines soon & it's a hard time.

M

Mastersman

Hey Apriljanaee I can understand your concern. If your boyfriend can understand that true science backs up the Bible maybe it will be easier on him. True science teaches that only life can generate life. This is the law of biogenesis and is supported by scientific observation an of course agrees with the Genesis account of an all powerful God creating all life. Many geological finds have authenticated biblical accuracy. Not one true scientific observation or find has ever proved an error in the Bible. Even though many certainly have tried. I can find you more info if u need me to

A

Apriljanaee

Thank you for your reply. It does help a lot. I guess just no matter what I said to him, he kept going back to, "I WANT to believe, but there's so much stuff that scares me". Your answer helped. I'll continue to pray for him too. Thank you!

Shawn2516

Dec 20, 2013
Have your boyfriend look up a teacher named Chuck Missler.

It will answer all his questions.

Delerion

Feb 9, 2013
Something that may be useful would be him studying up on apologetics. While the subject can be very technical and hard to understand at times, there are a lot of books on it that would be very simple to understand and easy to read. Apologetics is basically defending the faith, and for example in the book I'm reading right now, it kind of takes you on a journey from showing first what apologetics is and how to use it. Then it goes on showing the existence of God through utilizing several arguments. Then from there, it goes on to show what kind of God would exist since we can know that God really does exists. From there it looks at the old and new testament and shows that they are both accurate and trustworthy, and from there goes to look at showing that what Jesus Himself said was trustworthy and reliable. If he'd be up for the read, I think that it could be very helpful.

Christianbook.com: Holman QuickSource Guide to Christian Apologetics: Doug Powell: 9780805494600